IGNORED

Hakeeb Adelakun

GrahamC

18 minutes ago, MATT BCFC said:

Not seen much of him but isn't he very much an out and out winger? 

He was a quality out-and-out winger for Scunthorpe - in 2017/18 (League One). Done nothing since stepping up, although he’s not really had a chance. 

28 minutes ago, !james said:

If he is the answer we are well and truly ****** ?

He might well be if his confidence and skills have improved since he's been given regular football. He might just offer us that something extra (even if quite small) that's been missing and helps to get other players going too. Could help turn our current situation around. Not like we've got bags of options given the numbers out injured and something needs to change right.

Some of the comments above for OUR returning younger players. Fantastic support hey before they've even stepped foot on the pitch. What a joke.  

We desperately need reinforcements and extra options, these youngsters have been doing well out on loan, so why not give them a chance now? Confidence is high. No City fans to play in front of which at the moment seems like a blessing. Good luck to these lads. Hopefully their confidence can rub off on others and our form can improve. 

Was really excited about signing him originally, but it’s not gone well for various reasons. Playing well again now according to accounts so lets hope he’s given a proper go if he’s coming back, not just shoved on the bench and never given a shot. 

41 minutes ago, tin said:

He was a quality out-and-out winger for Scunthorpe - in 2017/18 (League One). Done nothing since stepping up, although he’s not really had a chance. 

He was tin, season vet at L1 level tried & tested. Shame he looked out of his depth in the few games (minutes) he’s had here but as you say, he’s not really had a proper chance, a run of games where he can express himself. With his confidence seemingly up & fully fit (I should say that quietly) I’m interested in how he gets on back here, he’ll get a chance that’s for sure. He will add (along with Pring) width, strength & pace while Adelakun can do the unexpected. Given our current situation he’s an attacking option most welcome imo. 

Got thrown in at Leeds away (I think) after being injured for months with no other football under his belt. No surprises he didn’t really get going for us.

Hope he proves a few wrong & a better option to have on the bench than those who have hardly played a league game between them! 

20 minutes ago, redcherryberry said:

He was tin, season vet at L1 level tried & tested. Shame he looked out of his depth in the few games (minutes) he’s had here but as you say, he’s not really had a proper chance, a run of games where he can express himself. With his confidence seemingly up & fully fit (I should say that quietly) I’m interested in how he gets on back here, he’ll get a chance that’s for sure. He will add (along with Pring) width, strength & pace while Adelakun can do the unexpected. Given our current situation he’s an attacking option most welcome imo. 

Other than the usual videos and highlights I’d seen him in pre his signing, I’ve only seen him play 45 minutes live....versus Rotherham at home and on sky versus Ipswich.

Against Rotherham I thought he looked quite bright, drifting off either flank in a 4231 (swapping with O’Dowda), got himself involved, looked happy to receive the ball with a marker close by....in essence I thought he played how I’d like a wide forward to play.  The end product wasn’t quite there, but got two feet, and as I say, he looked bright.  Got subbed early in the second half as the crowd got restless....2 red cards for the Millers and Webster scored late on.

If that was the kind of performance, I would think, okay, let’s see him with more game time.  Against Ipswich though, he looked miles off it.

So, if he comes back, good luck, hope he can make an impact.

In the couple of games I've watched for Hull to watch Adelakun, he's awkward. He does good stuff then head scratch stuff. He's definitely not stood out at all even directly watching the game for him. He does tend to start on the right but can drift around (and out of position defensively)

Honeyman runs them, and Keane Lewis-Potter are the talents there for me. Wilks is ok and I like Tom Eaves, his all round game is good but he doesn't score while Magennis does but is a much worse all around player! Again, just off the couple of games I've seen.

Adelakun, should be here and competing for a place in that front three

If it's Semenyo Wells/Fam Adelakun

that SHOULD be better than

Wells Martin Semenyo

by simple virtue of putting players in more comfortable areas to succeed. But maybe he makes it worse by being too much of a downgrade even though he's in a good position. It's competition not a guaranteed solution.

It's all about making us stronger. 

Adelakun clearly a better option than Pearson. Edwards is too if he sticks around. 

Morton clearly a better option than Zak Smith.

Webb a better option than Towler. 

Janneh a better option than Bell (When he's back fit)

50 minutes ago, redcherryberry said:

He's Like a lot of players written off by people who post on here  on the basis of about a couple of hours playing for us spread over about 8 appearances, imagine the pressure they are under given 10 minutes here and there and worrying the slightest mistake will see them consigned yet again to the bench, would you like to play under that kind of pressure no wonder most of them disappoint. 

• The title was changed to Hakeeb Adelakun - Season Long Loan to Hull : NOW RECALLED
18 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

It's all about making us stronger. 

Adelakun clearly a better option than Pearson. Edwards is too if he sticks around. 

Morton clearly a better option than Zak Smith.

Webb a better option than Towler. 

Janneh a better option than Bell (When he's back fit)

Yeah and then you’re start to see the younger lads above made available for their own loans away. Been great experience for them all being part of the first team these last few months, no doubt. 

1 minute ago, redcherryberry said:

Yeah and then you’re start to see the younger lads above made available for their own loans away. Been great experience for them all being part of the first team these last few months, no doubt. 

It has but I`m not sure if no fans has been a good thing or not - imagine the reception there would have been when Sam Bell made his debut for instance, things like that give everyone a lift - and for all our faults one thing City fans do do is get behind `one of our own` and cut them a fair bit of slack.

32 minutes ago, Prinny said:

In the couple of games I've watched for Hull to watch Adelakun, he's awkward. He does good stuff then head scratch stuff. He's definitely not stood out at all even directly watching the game for him. He does tend to start on the right but can drift around (and out of position defensively)

Honeyman runs them, and Keane Lewis-Potter are the talents there for me.

Agree, @Sheltons Army will also agree re KLP.  At 19, he’d be one I’d be watching very closely.

Wilks is ok

Agree.

and I like Tom Eaves, his all round game is good but he doesn't score while Magennis does but is a much worse all around player! Again, just off the couple of games I've seen.

Eaves was someone I was really keen to see last season stepping up to Champ, as I was always intrigued whether he could score at this level.  He’s one of those “in-between” players.

Adelakun, should be here and competing for a place in that front three

If it's Semenyo Wells/Fam Adelakun

that SHOULD be better than

Wells Martin Semenyo

by simple virtue of putting players in more comfortable areas to succeed. But maybe he makes it worse by being too much of a downgrade even though he's in a good position. It's competition not a guaranteed solution.

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

I wonder how delighted these players are to be recalled from promotion challenging teams to somewhere they weren't wanted 3 months ago?

Hopefully they’ll all be model professionals and ready to serve their parent club, but they’re all humans. I know I wouldn’t love being pulled away from a job I’m enjoying to man a sinking ship. As above, hopefully they return with good mentality.

Archived