IGNORED

Hakeeb Adelakun

GrahamC

Got the assist for Fam. Played a great ball across goal that Bakinson maybe could’ve done better with. Few mistakes and disappointing to see him turn his back for their goal but overall thought he looked decent and a good start.  Hope he’s given a proper go. 

I thought he did okay. Didn't set the world alight but I didn't think he did himself any harm either in terms of being selected for future games. We certainly looked worse when Wells came on and went out wide.  

He was OK - nothing more, nothing less. Better going forward than defending, drifted in and out of the game.

I suspect he won’t affect the game enough in this league, but who knows unless he gets a run of games? We’re not exactly blessed with wingers at the club right now so he’s in a strong position of Holden wants to play that way. 

I last saw him away at Ipswich and he was terrible.

Today he was OK, I would like to see him try to beat players - hopefully he has pace, he certainly has strength.

I think he tried to do this early on and gave the ball away, I don't recall him trying again.

He clearly needs confidence - whether we have time to let him find it in a City shirt is another matter.

2 hours ago, Super said:

Missed todays game. How did he do?

So did he.  Have to be honest he was largely anonymous for most of the match.  I like wingers and the reports I've had from a Hull fan friend is that he's a good old fashioned winger, so had high hopes, but certainly not an inspiring match for me.  Nothing to suggest he's going to make an impact in the league to be honest.

I've probably judged him too early, but I haven't seen anything to make me think he's going to be good enough. Thought he was quiet today, kind of wanted to see flashes of what Semenyo was doing and go past players. His delivery wasn't brilliant either. He'll probably get some minutes off the bench in up coming games, but I think he's going to have to really it step up to stay around very long.

35 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

So did he.  Have to be honest he was largely anonymous for most of the match.  I like wingers and the reports I've had from a Hull fan friend is that he's a good old fashioned winger, so had high hopes, but certainly not an inspiring match for me.  Nothing to suggest he's going to make an impact in the league to be honest.

He’s certainly not an old-fashioned winger.  He’s more David Smith (power and pace) than Mark Gavin (dribbles and skill) if that makes sense.

Its his first game for us, he did ok, as above nothing more, nothing less.

There were some encouraging things, but needs to do more overall.  He needs confidence.

FWIW I would’ve started him and Semenyo the other way around, but Semenyo had a good game.  And with the subs I prefer Wells on the right.  So, I would’ve got both bits wrong, so what do I know! ??‍♂️

I thought very ineffective, and did nothing of note in the whole game.  certainly did not make you sit up and think ‘wow’ he looks useful....

Having watched it on the FA app I then tuned into radio Brizzle and heard Gary Owers comments after the game and the interviews. I do not think Owers was impressed either.

But you also have to be fair and give the guy a chance and a run....what chance he will start at Brentford then ?

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He did ok.  Got involved in play, doesn’t play “statues” and shows some footballing iq in terms of positioning.  I don’t think anyone was expecting him to put in a world-bearing performance but it is something to build on.

“Footballing IQ” ******* hell you sound like Lee Johnson, pack it in immediately. 

Meh!  I don't like writing players off after so little time.... ......But I am going to.  I cannot see him getting into the team on a regular basis once injuries have cleared up.  I believe he will end up back in the 1st Division.  I really hope he proves me wrong, but i don't think he will ? 

39 minutes ago, Lenners said:

“Footballing IQ” ******* hell you sound like Lee Johnson, pack it in immediately. 

Football intelligence is what I think Dave ment. Although I don’t want to put words in his mouth. I call it , having a football brain. It can’t be taught , you’re born with it . Glenn hoddle , Matt le tis , Gazza , our own lee trundle , brian tinnion etc 

I remember my dad saying that some fans slagged off peter mcormack 

he always said though that he would make passes where players should run but didn’t because they didn’t read him . He was right 

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Football intelligence is what I think Dave ment. Although I don’t want to put words in his mouth. I call it , having a football brain. It can’t be taught , you’re born with it . Glenn hoddle , Matt le tis , Gazza , our own lee trundle , brian tinnion etc 

I remember my dad saying that some fans slagged off peter mcormack 

he always said though that he would make passes where players should run but didn’t because they didn’t read him . He was right 

I know he is generally remembered more for his battling qualities, but many used to say the same thing about the late, great Gerry Gow when he first broke in City's first team. 

Unsurprisingly He looked like a League 1 player in a Championship side.

He wasn’t bad but his speed of thought and movement was slower than that of his teammates.

Is that down to not having played with them ? 

His attitude was good, he wants to succeed and maybe given time he can make the step up but it’s a big ask for the lad. 

I hope he does it .

I didn't think he was outstanding but he had a couple of good moments, including a great touch for the assist for Diedhiou. He'd need to improve a lot to be a first XI choice when everyone is fit but I thought we looked a better side for having two natural wide players and, for now, would be inclined to start him out wide ahead of trying to squeeze Wells into the formation in a position that doesn't suit him. 

Some people are unbelieveable.  Make sweeping statements based on 1 game about someone's ability to perform on an ongoing basis.  I thought he played well. Kept shape when we were defending very well and drifted in off the wing to decent effect.  Despite scoring the winner we looked much weaker with him off and Wells on.  He can only be judged when given a run of games so he can settle. 

2 hours ago, The Bard said:

Some people are unbelieveable.  Make sweeping statements based on 1 game about someone's ability to perform on an ongoing basis.  I thought he played well. Kept shape when we were defending very well and drifted in off the wing to decent effect.  Despite scoring the winner we looked much weaker with him off and Wells on.  He can only be judged when given a run of games so he can settle. 

It's just like the TV show Catchphrase..........Say what you see?   I have been watching  and playing football for a longtime, and I can see nothing in Adelakun that leads  me to believe he will ever be a long term player at Bristol City, he is an average professional footballer, who at the age of 24 will make a living in the lower leagues of British football IMHO, and good luck to him.      He is not good enough to add anything long term to a City squad that needs players who can play at a higher level.   I sincerely hope he proves me wrong, but he won't. ?

16 minutes ago, maxjak said:

It's just like the TV show Catchphrase..........Say what you see?   I have been watching  and playing football for a longtime, and I can see nothing in Adelakun that leads  me to believe he will ever be a long term player at Bristol City, he is an average professional footballer, who at the age of 24 will make a living in the lower leagues of British football IMHO, and good luck to him.      He is not good enough to add anything long term to a City squad that needs players who can play at a higher level.   I sincerely hope he proves me wrong, but he won't. ?

How can you tell after one game, watching on a screen? 

I find it really difficult to watch a game on a screen, when you're only given what the cameraman/producer wants you to see

21 minutes ago, maxjak said:

From one game? That’s amazing.  Surprised you haven’t been signed up to join MA’s crack recruitment team. 

Didn't lose possession, didn't tackle anyone, didn't intercept anything, didn't pull up any trees, didn't attempt to beat anyone with trickery or pace. Put a decent cross in when in space and cut in and tried to cross once. Apart from that, the lad did absolutely nothing to suggest he had a future at this level of football.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was playing within himself and possibly to instructions to keep the shape of the side. If that was his remit, he's a world beater. 

Archived