IGNORED

Hakeeb Adelakun

GrahamC

32 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

We are desperate to reduce our wage bill, it will be whatever they contribute to his wages & that will be it, I expect.

We tend to use smaller clubs in the area as feeder clubs or to gain loan experience. Good that we are starting to develop this kind of relationship with the Gas through deals like this and MT. 

47 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

We are desperate to reduce our wage bill, it will be whatever they contribute to his wages & that will be it, I expect.

It won't go through the books as a wage contribution as they can only spend £2.5M on wages per season. We will on paper be paying all the wages and accept a loan fee in return. 

55 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

6 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

It won't go through the books as a wage contribution as they can only spend £2.5M on wages per season. We will on paper be paying all the wages and accept a loan fee in return. 

Was just wondering the same.

On 10/09/2020 at 17:04, Mr Popodopolous said:

Nottingham Forest were also in for him- he clearly had something- nothing at all with us though!

Might also add, I don't think we handled his developement the best- but yeah not good enough overall.

I think the big problem may have been the injury he got just after he arrived. He was out for three months, didn't get any momentum in his first season and never really settled. Obviously it's possible for a player to recover from that and force their way back in the following year but, for whatever reason it never happened. 

I'd like him to succeed and get his career on track wherever he goes next but I hope that is Hull rather than Rovers...

Hope he gets his career back on track by giving any interest from Rovers the short shrift it deserves.

Just laugh at them and tell them to piss off Hakeeb.

Unfortunately I couldn't wish him success AT Rovers but would certainly hope he thrives at Hull, and especially AGAINST Rovers.

25 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Now officially confirmed, joined Hull on a season long loan with a recall option in January.

Thank fudge for that, the thought of him going to the SAGS with being a good L1 player made me feel sick. Why the hell would be help out those fooking ricks.

• The title was changed to Hakeeb Adelakun - Season Long Loan to Hull

Hakeeb Adelakun has joined League One Hull City on a season-long loan with a January recall option.

The 24-year-old attacker, who arrived in BS3 from Scunthorpe United in the summer of 2018, heads to the KCOM Stadium after five appearances for the Robins.

Adelakun spent the second half of the 2019/20 season on loan at Rotherham United, where he made nine appearances to help the Millers to promotion into the Sky Bet Championship.

5 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

What.. Another awful johnson ashton signing? No i wont believe it. - sarcasm lowest form of wit

A free punt (with 600k compo), hardly an awful signing for 4that sort of fee was it? 

I realise you could never praise Johnson, and find any opportunity to have a pop, but in this instance it's a cheap signing that didn't quite work out, hardly like we've spent 50 million on John stones is it? 

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

A free punt (with 600k compo), hardly an awful signing for 4that sort of fee was it? 

I realise you could never praise Johnson, and find any opportunity to have a pop, but in this instance it's a cheap signing that didn't quite work out, hardly like we've spent 50 million on John stones is it? 

Stones won them a title with his clearance v Liverpool ?

4 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

They all start to add up is more the point. ??‍♂️

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

They all start to add up is more the point. ??‍♂️

Transfer wise you could say Adelakun, Engvall, Eisa and Hegeler have been poor, even then only really Adelakun and Engvall were 'awful' and we got our money back on eisa. 

Obviously there have been loans that haven't worked out as well, but I would say LJ and MA certainly made many more excellent signings than awful ones

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

Transfer wise you could say Adelakun, Engvall, Eisa and Hegeler have been poor, even then only really Adelakun and Engvall were 'awful' and we got our money back on eisa. 

Obviously there have been loans that haven't worked out as well, but I would say LJ and MA certainly made many more excellent signings than awful ones

Several loans too...they all cost.

I don’t expect it to be perfect, but generally too many punts.

31 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

BRISTOL CITY SET TO RECALL ADELAKUN

Bristol City are planning to recall winger Hakeeb Adelakun from his season-long loan at Hull.

Adelakun has scored three goals and set up another two in 17 appearances for the League One side.

Sky Sports 

All hands on deck. 

Archived