Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Hakeeb Adelakun

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

If Adelakun can be a powerful winger with tricks that can make things happen on one wing, and having Semenyo who we know is a handful on the other, then that could be very dangerous. That's only if Adelakun is that player I am hoping he can be at this level. 

J Smith certainly looks like he has pace and tricks to be a threat. End product seems to be his problem at Swindon. But then we've seen players end product can improve as they get older. Freeman for example, not the best end product at this level when with us, improved a lot when at QPR.

Never would have imagined those 2 might be getting in our team this season! Injuries have been ridiculous. I'm sure some would want us to go out and buy in a few, but maybe that's unrealistic right now. 

Also got Marley who should be back fit at some point but not that close yet I don't think. Owura Edwards too who I think might make the bench for us. Not yet seen him play other than clips. All I know is he looks ridiculously quick and likes to run at players.

Gutted for Opi getting an injury before our last game, as Holden said he would have started him. Hard to judge on the sub appearances so far, but he certainly looked confident enough when coming on and setting up Fam's goal, wanting the ball. Amazing pace too like his younger brother, but without the tricks.

We lacked wingers but having Paterson and O'Dowda out has been a big blow. Also Weimann too, though not so keen him on the wing, he does have plenty of experience there.

I just hope we don't see Wells on the wing! 

Pato, Cod and Weimann have been constantly lambasted on here; "inconsistant"" no effort" "just runs around a lot" "Cod starts again!" now it seems its a big blow not to have them playing, short memories some folk.

Problem is with the management team and with the person who thinks they will take us to the next level.......and the return`ees.... they were loaned out for a reason werent they? Deans clutching at straws imo.

43 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Pato, Cod and Weimann have been constantly lambasted on here; "inconsistant"" no effort" "just runs around a lot" "Cod starts again!" now it seems its a big blow not to have them playing, short memories some folk.

Problem is with the management team and with the person who thinks they will take us to the next level.......and the return`ees.... they were loaned out for a reason werent they? Deans clutching at straws imo.

I don’t think it’s Dean is clutching at straws, more that OTIB is.  I don’t think he’s suggesting these players are coming back to oust the current first choice players....more to be better than some of what we have on the bench who in a normal season would be playing u23 football.  If any of the returnees come good, fantastic, and would be little different to how Bakinson has emerged.

I would imagine funds are tight (not just us) and we are looking to maximise what we have at this point, plus the odd loan maybe.  If the right player(s) come onto the market at the right price, e.g. someone out of contract in the summer who a club might trade now.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think it’s Dean is clutching at straws, more that OTIB is.  I don’t think he’s suggesting these players are coming back to oust the current first choice players....more to be better than some of what we have on the bench who in a normal season would be playing u23 football.  If any of the returnees come good, fantastic, and would be little different to how Bakinson has emerged.

I would imagine funds are tight (not just us) and we are looking to maximise what we have at this point, plus the odd loan maybe.  If the right player(s) come onto the market at the right price, e.g. someone out of contract in the summer who a club might trade now.

I do wonder if we now see a loan winger come in and stick with 433 if Moore is no longer fancied. Really limits our options for three at the back as I’m not 100% convinced that Kalas and Mariappa have it in them to play as a wide centre half.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, glos old boy said:

Highly unlikely that a team containing two or more of Pato, CoD, Weimann will get us in the top 6, let alone the auto places. In fact, even with one of them and we might fail (again) to get top 6. They’re not our saviours by any means. You need consistent, power players, who affect the game and forge effective partnerships with attackers in their roles.

One starts to wonder with our Club, ‘what’s the point?’ We don’t learn.

No doubt CoD will be offered another long contract soon though. 

Anyhow, always believe and all that stuff. 

• Like 5

He did ok.  Got involved in play, doesn’t play “statues” and shows some footballing iq in terms of positioning.  I don’t think anyone was expecting him to put in a world-bearing performance but it is something to build on.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Got the assist for Fam. Played a great ball across goal that Bakinson maybe could’ve done better with. Few mistakes and disappointing to see him turn his back for their goal but overall thought he looked decent and a good start.  Hope he’s given a proper go. 

• Like 7

I thought he did okay. Didn't set the world alight but I didn't think he did himself any harm either in terms of being selected for future games. We certainly looked worse when Wells came on and went out wide.  

• Like 2

He was OK - nothing more, nothing less. Better going forward than defending, drifted in and out of the game.

I suspect he won’t affect the game enough in this league, but who knows unless he gets a run of games? We’re not exactly blessed with wingers at the club right now so he’s in a strong position of Holden wants to play that way. 

Edited by tin

I last saw him away at Ipswich and he was terrible.

Today he was OK, I would like to see him try to beat players - hopefully he has pace, he certainly has strength.

I think he tried to do this early on and gave the ball away, I don't recall him trying again.

He clearly needs confidence - whether we have time to let him find it in a City shirt is another matter.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Super said:

Missed todays game. How did he do?

So did he.  Have to be honest he was largely anonymous for most of the match.  I like wingers and the reports I've had from a Hull fan friend is that he's a good old fashioned winger, so had high hopes, but certainly not an inspiring match for me.  Nothing to suggest he's going to make an impact in the league to be honest.

• Like 4

I've probably judged him too early, but I haven't seen anything to make me think he's going to be good enough. Thought he was quiet today, kind of wanted to see flashes of what Semenyo was doing and go past players. His delivery wasn't brilliant either. He'll probably get some minutes off the bench in up coming games, but I think he's going to have to really it step up to stay around very long.

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

So did he.  Have to be honest he was largely anonymous for most of the match.  I like wingers and the reports I've had from a Hull fan friend is that he's a good old fashioned winger, so had high hopes, but certainly not an inspiring match for me.  Nothing to suggest he's going to make an impact in the league to be honest.

He’s certainly not an old-fashioned winger.  He’s more David Smith (power and pace) than Mark Gavin (dribbles and skill) if that makes sense.

Its his first game for us, he did ok, as above nothing more, nothing less.

There were some encouraging things, but needs to do more overall.  He needs confidence.

FWIW I would’ve started him and Semenyo the other way around, but Semenyo had a good game.  And with the subs I prefer Wells on the right.  So, I would’ve got both bits wrong, so what do I know! 🤷🏻‍♂️

I thought very ineffective, and did nothing of note in the whole game.  certainly did not make you sit up and think ‘wow’ he looks useful....

Having watched it on the FA app I then tuned into radio Brizzle and heard Gary Owers comments after the game and the interviews. I do not think Owers was impressed either.

But you also have to be fair and give the guy a chance and a run....what chance he will start at Brentford then ?

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He did ok.  Got involved in play, doesn’t play “statues” and shows some footballing iq in terms of positioning.  I don’t think anyone was expecting him to put in a world-bearing performance but it is something to build on.

“Footballing IQ” ******* hell you sound like Lee Johnson, pack it in immediately. 

• Haha 1

Meh!  I don't like writing players off after so little time.... ......But I am going to.  I cannot see him getting into the team on a regular basis once injuries have cleared up.  I believe he will end up back in the 1st Division.  I really hope he proves me wrong, but i don't think he will ? 

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, Lenners said:

“Footballing IQ” ******* hell you sound like Lee Johnson, pack it in immediately. 

Football intelligence is what I think Dave ment. Although I don’t want to put words in his mouth. I call it , having a football brain. It can’t be taught , you’re born with it . Glenn hoddle , Matt le tis , Gazza , our own lee trundle , brian tinnion etc 

I remember my dad saying that some fans slagged off peter mcormack 

he always said though that he would make passes where players should run but didn’t because they didn’t read him . He was right 

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Football intelligence is what I think Dave ment. Although I don’t want to put words in his mouth. I call it , having a football brain. It can’t be taught , you’re born with it . Glenn hoddle , Matt le tis , Gazza , our own lee trundle , brian tinnion etc 

I remember my dad saying that some fans slagged off peter mcormack 

he always said though that he would make passes where players should run but didn’t because they didn’t read him . He was right 

I know he is generally remembered more for his battling qualities, but many used to say the same thing about the late, great Gerry Gow when he first broke in City's first team. 

Unsurprisingly He looked like a League 1 player in a Championship side.

He wasn’t bad but his speed of thought and movement was slower than that of his teammates.

Is that down to not having played with them ? 

His attitude was good, he wants to succeed and maybe given time he can make the step up but it’s a big ask for the lad. 

I hope he does it .

• Like 1