IGNORED

Unwanted returning loanees to have Holden over a barrel

BLRed

Half wonder if certss as in players that were clearly not wanted like Palmer, adelakun et al will have Holden over a barrel knowing our desperate situation for playing staff? 

essentially play me or I won’t perform. Probably won’t be easy for them to muster any desire to play and play well for the management that didn’t want to give them a chance in the first place.

i hope this is not the case but it’s certainly a possibility. Would it lead to further detriment of form and performance?...

6 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Adelakun is playing for a contract elsewhere, would abject performances really endear him to other clubs?

Already sold himself to hull. Doesn’t need to do any more if they get him on a free as they know why he can do. 

1 hour ago, BOSRed said:

essentially play me or I won’t perform. Probably won’t be easy for them to muster any desire to play and play well for the management that didn’t want to give them a chance in the first place.

i hope this is not the case but it’s certainly a possibility. Would it lead to further detriment of form and performance?...

Yep agreed - I further hope that Aliens don't use this very difficult time to invade our planet.

I hope this is not the case but it's a possibility. 

1 hour ago, BOSRed said:

Half wonder if certss as in players that were clearly not wanted like Palmer, adelakun et al will have Holden over a barrel knowing our desperate situation for playing staff? 

If that's their attitude it will just prove to the management that they aren't vital to the squad. Who wants a petulant a hole in the team? They should kin grow up!

1 hour ago, BOSRed said:

What’s to stop any player doing that? Perhaps because their career is at stake? 

15 hours ago, BOSRed said:

Surely if DH doesn't play them, they won't be able to perform anyway? ?

The likes of Pring, Adelakun if they are only to be bench warmers no point in them returning is there? both playing regularly but in lower divs so hardly going to be starters in our "champoinship promo challenge" are they, we have enough young guns to sit on the bench already imo.

Just now, glos old boy said:

The likes of Pring, Adelakun if they are only to be bench warmers no point in them returning is there? both playing regularly but in lower divs so hardly going to be starters in our "champoinship promo challenge" are they, we have enough young guns to sit on the bench already imo.

I think you have to look at it as:

• they are better than most of the current bench, therefore
  • they might come off the bench to rest the current first choice, is only for 20 minutes (better than 2 mins which serves no purpose) and / or
  • may actually start games to rest / rotate, e.g. Pring for Rowe, Adelakun for Semenyo / Massengo in a 442 abd
  • might even perform better

Notwithstanding Tommy Rowe could get injured / suspended.

This is a needs must.

At the start of the season I said I would prefer it if we hung onto a few players in Sept, rather than loaning out, because we had no idea how the pre-season and compact schedule would impact fitness and fatigue.  I had no idea it would be as bad as this, but there were certain positions we needed cover....those being RWB and LWB, especially as Holden was hell-bent (it seemed) on 352.  Even with Hunt and Sessegnon and Dasilva and Rowe there was an argument for one more on each side.  Pring would’ve made sense to sacrifice for 3 months back here.  I guess at RWB Holden thought Vyner might be the cover, but the CB issue hasn’t helped.

If it proves that the fitness issues weren’t an issue then loan out now.

What I like about the returning players is they are athletes. We like to soak up pressure and counter teams without any real pace in the side. Adelakun and Pring have good pace and can contribute. I’d be using them off the bench and starts when the schedule gets tough. 

All makes sense, insurance against any more injuries, fill the bench, allow rotation with the hectic schedule, we’re going nowhere so a chance to test the players at Championship level, looking ahead to next season. 
Always a risk that the season will be cancelled, so just make the best of what we have.

Im not convinced that Clubs will be allowed much above 50% capacity next season, so I suspect financial reality will really hit home.

Archived