IGNORED

Port Vale sack their manager

Lanterne Rouge

He didn't leave many friends by the seem of things. A FB friend posted this ....

Ian Holloway hang your head in shame. Reason for resignation? Pull the other one Ollie. You were looking for a way out several matches ago but didn’t have the guts to walk then, so waited until a thin excuse presented itself. You had so much big talk and so little substance. Leaving before the transfer window has proved to be your biggest contribution this season. Whether PH can salvage anything from the wreckage you left behind remains to be seen but sadly after a fabulous welcome you have run away in disgrace leaving nothing but bad feeling behind you. UTM

Perhaps we're not the only ones that don't like him ?

Not only was he managing Grimsby but he said he also invested £100,000 of his own money. At the time he was also linked with the vacant Gas job. Seems he'd paid to get as far away from the Gash as he could. He will always be a hero in my eyes for getting the Gash and QPR relegated in the same season. 

1 hour ago, fatchers said:

Not only was he managing Grimsby but he said he also invested £100,000 of his own money. At the time he was also linked with the vacant Gas job. Seems he'd paid to get as far away from the Gash as he could. He will always be a hero in my eyes for getting the Gash and QPR relegated in the same season. 

Any evidence that he actually put money in, or was that merely an intention?

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

He didn't leave many friends by the seem of things. A FB friend posted this ....

Ian Holloway hang your head in shame. Reason for resignation? Pull the other one Ollie. You were looking for a way out several matches ago but didn’t have the guts to walk then, so waited until a thin excuse presented itself. You had so much big talk and so little substance. Leaving before the transfer window has proved to be your biggest contribution this season. Whether PH can salvage anything from the wreckage you left behind remains to be seen but sadly after a fabulous welcome you have run away in disgrace leaving nothing but bad feeling behind you. UTM

Perhaps we're not the only ones that don't like him ?

You mean they didn't fall for his lovable, village idiot schtick?

34 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

2 minutes ago, fatchers said:

And to prove our commitment to the challenge I have invested £100,000 to buy shares in the club, which means a place on the board as well as in the hot-seat.I believe that could prove a shrewd business move if I can take the team to a higher level and plans to move to a new ground go through.

If I was cynical, I'd say buying shares when you know there is a new ground on the horizon, plus a possible takeover, is very clever business . Probably what that other chap thought, when he bought the Horefield lot.

33 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The Owls fans seem to rate him but they obviously don’t have the same bias towards Holloway as some on here do.

There were multiple threads on the Grimsby forum Critical of him. Millwall and QPR forums also had threads following the Grimsby sacking that were highly Critical.

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Definitely became a Director, definitely purchased shares.  Companies House doesn’t give the balance, but there are some lines in the annual accounts that suggest he certainly put some money in.

Archived