IGNORED

Dry January 2021

CyderInACan

Anybody else doing it? Lock down or not I intend sticking to it! 

There seem to be a lot more Zero ABV beers on the market this year too, helpfully. I did it last year and had a few Beck's Blue, that and the Paulaner (I think) seemed to be the best around. This year there's 2 decent ones from Brewdog as well as Hoegaarden with a nice AF brew. 

If you are doing it - good luck- prost! 

34 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

There seem to be a lot more Zero ABV beers on the market this year too, helpfully. I did it last year and had a few Beck's Blue, that and the Paulaner (I think) seemed to be the best around. This year there's 2 decent ones from Brewdog as well as Hoegaarden with a nice AF brew. 

Heineken zero is quite drinkable. But in answer to your question.......nah !!

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Too late for me! Tbh I’d forgotten all about it.

My best ever NY resolution was NY eve 1984/85 when I quit smoking. Still intact now.....and my first child a daughter was born in the September of 1985 - coincide or what?     

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Too late for me! Tbh I’d forgotten all about it.

My best ever NY resolution was NY eve 1984/85 when I quit smoking. Still intact now.....and my first child a daughter was born in the September of 1985 - coincide or what?     

Well done Sir

I’m not bothering this year 

for anyone who is keen here’s a few tips though 

i reckon becks blue is the best of the big brand lagers,, and it’s tends to be half the price of all the others which is a bonus. Get it as cold as possible 

The latter two are via my wife who had to do a bit of research when pregnant. 

if you like wine , non alcho red is better than white, and apparently Waitrose do the best stuff 

if you drink gin , seedslip do a non alcohol one for making replacement G&ts . She got served it in a restaurant  once when she told them she couldn’t drink when preggers. Still about £20 a bottle tho 

21 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Giving it a go, but might allow a drink or two on a Friday/Saturday. See how it goes. 

I drank far too regularly last year, especially in December, and have already noticed a general improvement in my sleep. 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Giving it a go, but might allow a drink or two on a Friday/Saturday. See how it goes. 

I drank far too regularly last year, especially in December, and have already noticed a general improvement in my sleep. 

Good luck mate! 

Archived