IGNORED

Spurs v Brentford

Bristolisredd

Glad Brentford lost, used to really like them but I remember watching the playoffs between Fulham and Brentford and the amount of praise Brentford before game you'd think it was going to be handed to them. I got quite a cocky vibe from their fans at times. 

Maybe I'm being bitter/jealous because I wish we were run the same way, but sometimes I wish people would crawl out of their arse. 

12 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Glad Brentford lost, used to really like them but I remember watching the playoffs between Fulham and Brentford and the amount of praise Brentford before game you'd think it was going to be handed to them. I got quite a cocky vibe from their fans at times. 

Maybe I'm being bitter/jealous because I wish we were run the same way, but sometimes I wish people would crawl out of their arse. 

Funny, because I didn’t want them to get through either....didn’t want them to diminish our Man City defeat.  Bit of jealousy from me too.

10 hours ago, Sturny said:

I wanted them to win last night but I know what you mean.

I like what they do but there's a proper love-in that goes on with them, quite a few on here guilty of it too although I think that's as much because it's an angle to attack City with as anything else.

36 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I wanted them to win last night but I know what you mean.

I like what they do but there's a proper love-in that goes on with them, quite a few on here guilty of it too although I think that's as much because it's an angle to attack City with as anything else.

Angle to attack ? No it is an example of how a club should be run if they actually deploy a method of running a club that is focused on talent identification and development. It is an example of a how correct application of a philosophy can work. It is called competitive market intelligence. Normally on here, people are dismissing of the other 49 clubs that have got to the Prem by saying the reference is not valid. Parachute payments, FFP rule infringement, much bigger club, huge history, you name it, the excuses role. The reason Brentford  is used is ; well there are no excuses as to why we cannot be delivering the same . It is an opportunity to learn and improve. Compare, see what they do different and better and how. Though if you feel learning  from others and discussing the potential to benefit from those learnings is a bad thing you would feel attacked. Many see it is an opportunity, it is a discussion,  as what they all want is to achieve greater results , performances and enjoyment. The only attacking they want to see is on the pitch. 

Of course if you do not feel there is anything to learn from them, that is your opinion, and that is quite valid.

15 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Gonna row against the tide here

After reading the numerous comments and whining about us and the CoVid postponement , on their forum 

becoming arrogant and getting too big for their boots 

I hope they get smashed !

* Dont like their manager either

u must remember the compulsory 'circle-w***' in the early 2000's whenever Crewe were mentioned. Moist eyed pundits likening them to a mixture of Dutch Total football and the Samba magic of the Brazilian 70's team.. 

14 hours ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

So hard to see it in normal speed, but shocking on slo-mo. What on earth was he trying to do?!

14 hours ago, Super said:

Those type of challenges deserve more than 3 games.

He's trying to do a skill known as a 'chop' - Ronaldo is well known for it:

image.png.1684f9f143e53c38699c7ef72357ce5d.png

When you're at speed towards the ball trying to do this and get it wrong the standing leg will come out from under you.

It's a red card no doubt about it - but I am absolutely certain that it is not intentional. Yes it hurt Hjojberg, and looks horrendous, but a further ban is not necessary imo.

2 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

He's trying to do a skill known as a 'chop' - Ronaldo is well known for it:

image.png.1684f9f143e53c38699c7ef72357ce5d.png

When you're at speed towards the ball trying to do this and get it wrong the standing leg will come out from under you.

It's a red card no doubt about it - but I am absolutely certain that it is not intentional. Yes it hurt Hjojberg, and looks horrendous, but a further ban is not necessary imo.

Completely agree and ex pros have said the same. Many fans think he did it on purpose though. Bit naive I reckon 

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Funny, because I didn’t want them to get through either....didn’t want them to diminish our Man City defeat.  Bit of jealousy from me too.

To be honest most level headed Bees fans get pissed off with all that adulation from commentators who know and care nothing about the club.Pub on every corner,buy cheap and sell large,new stadium lost in the play off final,sold Watkins and Benharama,BMW ect ect bored silly with it all.Last night gave me a sniff of the PL bias towards the big sides( fully deserved red but unintentional)but loads of tackles and delays at free kicks from Spurs unchecked.I think the championship is a far better league for fans and I believe that next season will be our 8 th season in there which makes us definately a championship side rather than a lower league as we have been most of my life.

5 hours ago, Bill the Bee said:

To be honest most level headed Bees fans get pissed off with all that adulation from commentators who know and care nothing about the club.Pub on every corner,buy cheap and sell large,new stadium lost in the play off final,sold Watkins and Benharama,BMW ect ect bored silly with it all.Last night gave me a sniff of the PL bias towards the big sides( fully deserved red but unintentional)but loads of tackles and delays at free kicks from Spurs unchecked.I think the championship is a far better league for fans and I believe that next season will be our 8 th season in there which makes us definately a championship side rather than a lower league as we have been most of my life.

Ain`t that the truth!

On 06/01/2021 at 11:29, B1ackbird said:
On 05/01/2021 at 20:09, Sheltons Army said:

Gonna row against the tide here

After reading the numerous comments and whining about us and the CoVid postponement , on their forum 

becoming arrogant and getting too big for their boots 

I hope they get smashed !

* Dont like their manager either

u must remember the compulsory 'circle-w***' in the early 2000's whenever Crewe were mentioned. Moist eyed pundits likening them to a mixture of Dutch Total football and the Samba magic of the Brazilian 70's team.. 

Plenty of credit was due to them tbh- they played a strong brand of football, on a budget and produced- and sold on- a lot of academy products. Was it overdone? Perhaps- but they were often quite an exciting side, youth, trading etc.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Plenty of credit was due to them tbh- they played a strong brand of football, on a budget and produced- and sold on- a lot of academy products. Was it overdone? Perhaps- but they were often quite an exciting side, youth, trading etc.

Perhaps I'm being disingenuous, it's probably more to do with lazy punditry, especially the game when the went 0-2 after five minutes... 

Archived