IGNORED

Sean Dyche

daored

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

I don't follow the 'reduce impact on the NHS....' bit? Surely the NHS isn't paying for Premier League and EFL testing?

Me neither, I think what he is getting at is freeing up more testing capacity as footballers wouldn't need testing any longer but I'm not aware testing capacity is under pressure at the moment.

Not all of what he said is quoted above, he made the point that he didn’t mean getting vaccinated before the most vulnerable, elderly, NHS staff etc, but before the general public for want of a better phrase. But all the money that goes into testing the players gets distributed to the NHS or rolling out the vaccines quicker. He makes some valid points, although when I read it initially, I knew it would be misconstrued & make some headlines. COYR 

It's an interesting point. Instinctively I'd be inclined towards 'no'. However, perhaps it's worth it for the greater good. 

I don't really agree with his NHS angle, it's too convoluted and in real terms no one would be able to see any benefit impact. I think there's certainly an argument for ensuring sport/entertainment continues - especially during the lockdown period with not much daylight. People are fed up, lonely and bored. Ensuring sport/entertainment continues in some form could be crucial to some people's morale and wellbeing. 

I think in a worst case scenario and things are still bad in the summer, you could make a far stronger argument for the Olympic athletes taking part in 2021 receiving the jab. It's a huge global event and most people can usually find one sport they like. 

I agree though that Dyche's idea starts to unravel as you question how far down the pyramid you go. 

This is the article I read

“It's my view, I think vaccination is the way forward throughout football," Dyche said.

"The amount of money being spent on testing in the Premier League, if that was channelled back into the NHS and into the vaccination system, surely that's a better place to be than continually testing footballers.“

“I appreciate some people will be surprised by that comment and people will say: 'Why should footballers get vaccinations?' But, if the testing diminishes, that money could be used for a much better cause.”

"Football then also remains a competitive industry rather than what might end up as a skewed industry because of players missing from games. It's a common-sense view.“

"Let me make it clear, there are people way in front of footballers [as a priority to be vaccinated]. I'm not remotely suggesting that should be put in front of the welfare of people who are very vulnerable.”

"What I'm saying is: Is there a timeline where they can fast-track to that period? Logically, it would be better putting the funding that is put into testing into the system to encourage more vaccinations.“

"That money could be used more wisely, I would suggest, to get it out there quicker to the vulnerable and beyond."

as I said, makes some valid points. COYR 

Even once you have a vaccination you can still transmit it, so surely they'd still need to be tested to ensure they don't spread it to others not so fortunate to have had a vaccination. 

1 minute ago, Bassomylord said:

Refer to my original post.

Dyche doesn't say footballers should jump ahead of them you imbecile.

Try reading or listening to the full thing FFS.

You don't have to agree with him, that's fine, but your criticism of what he said is based off of something he has said should NOT be the case.

******* hell.

29 minutes ago, TomF said:

Even once you have a vaccination you can still transmit it, so surely they'd still need to be tested to ensure they don't spread it to others not so fortunate to have had a vaccination. 

Indeed. This is the crucial point i think many are missing or just don’t know about. Being vaccinated still means you can transmit the virus so unless you vaccinate every single person involved on match day backroom staff ,stewards etc etc then Dyche’s argument isn’t going to work.

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

You don't have to agree with him, that's fine, but your criticism of what he said is based off of something he has said should NOT be the case.

******* hell.

Deep breaths.

9 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

******* hell.

Inside Out Reaction GIF by Disney Pixar

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Inside Out Reaction GIF by Disney Pixar

It had already been explained clearly two times to them that the criticism they were using was invalid (and there are valid issues with what Dyche has said that others have raised).

They then went with a dismissive response to me, I make no apologies.

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

It had already been explained clearly two times to them that the criticism they were using was invalid (and there are valid issues with what Dyche has said that others have raised).

They then went with a dismissive response to me, I make no apologies.

Exhale slowly.

7 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

So give 100 odd millionaire footballers the vac before the millions of others in the queue certainly more deserving folk like me; 68yr copd and battling bowel cancer........yes sounds like a great plan...........NOT. and the reason for jumping the queue MONEY. :doh: Wait in line like the rest of us.

That’s not what he is saying though. Someone like yourself should be at the front of the que. It’s after the obvious most vulnerable or most warranted people (NHS) he is talking about. As I said earlier, it’s being misconstrued. A few have mentioned on here, there may be other things to consider, can vaccinated people still pass Covid on to others etc? But I think he makes a common sense suggestion, certainly worth at least thinking about. COYR 

Let’s put it another way, if by doing this it speeded up the production or distribution of the vaccine ( which is what he’s suggesting) Would it be a good idea? Can anyone say no to that question? I appreciate what people probably more in the know than myself have said about vaccinated people still being carriers, but certainly not the most craziest of ideas if possible. COYR 

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Please do correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding was that it wasn't known if the vaccine prevented transmission rather than it was known that the vaccine doesn't prevent transmission?

Obviously, in practical terms, it doesn't make a difference in this case as you'd still need to assume someone vaccinated could transmit unless you knew otherwise but I keep seeing people stating that people who've had the vaccine can still transmit it whereas I thought it was hoped - and theoretically very possible - that the vaccine would prevent transmission but this was yet to be proven. 

Archived