IGNORED

A little bit of injury info?

SedRA

I went for a walk today at Ashton Plantation which happens to have a path that walks right next to the failand training ground. Watched the boys train for a bit and had a couple of observations about our injured players. 

- Walsh and Sessegnon were together doing laps and then light ball work, and movement  

- Williams was working on his own doing some passing and movement drills. 

All seemed to be moving pretty well and seemed in decent spirits. 

I haven’t really kept up on what has been said by Holden re injuries, so don’t know if any of this is new or useful news, but I know people are interested in their progress so maybe it’s helpful information? ?‍♂️ 

7 minutes ago, SedRA said:

I went for a walk today at Ashton Plantation which happens to have a path that walks right next to the failand training ground. Watched the boys train for a bit and had a couple of observations about our injured players. 

- Walsh and Sessegnon were together doing laps and then light ball work, and movement  

I haven’t really kept up on what has been said by Holden re injuries, so don’t know if any of this is new or useful news, but I know people are interested in their progress so maybe it’s helpful information? ?‍♂️ 

Any sign of Alfie Mawson mate?

23 minutes ago, SedRA said:

What is Bielsas paying hourly rate like? COYR 

17 minutes ago, Red Zeppelin said:

Mad that this is the most transparency we've had 3.5 months into the season, a casual rambler. 

Its almost as if Holden doesn't want to alert clubs to the fact the guys could be returning from injury sooner then publicly said....

30 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Any sign of Alfie Mawson mate?

The main squad were training on the other side of the field and there was quite a few so hard to make out too many players specifically (apart from Han Noah obvs). Assuming Mawson was with them. 

Injured players were on the near side, so was easy to make out who was who. 

3 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Its almost as if Holden doesn't want to alert clubs to the fact the guys could be returning from injury sooner then publicly said....

I reckon it’s more to do with the fact that they’ve had so many ups and downs they don’t want to tell the fans they’ll be returning soon only for them to get set back again. 

1 minute ago, SedRA said:

The main squad were training on the other side of the field and there was quite a few so hard to make out too many players specifically. Assuming Mawson was with them. 

Injured players were on the near side, so was easy to make out who was who. 

Good news then probably. If he was still crocked or had had a setback he would have been over where you were.

39 minutes ago, SedRA said:

Promising observations but none of know when the longer term injured players will be available for selection.

The club tell us nothing and it’s only when Deano is questions my the media that we get any  information at all.

32 minutes ago, Street red said:

This information should be coming from the manager or assistants crazy when you think of it.

Yes, but when are they going to walk  at Ashton Plantation, which happens to have a path that walks right next to the failand training ground?

47 minutes ago, SedRA said:

I went for a walk today at Ashton Plantation which happens to have a path that walks right next to the failand training ground.

I take it you mean Ashton Hill (top of Belmont Hill, to the right)? I walked the dog there late this morning as well and often stop to watch them train. I could only see Simpson and two others (one sounded like he had an Aussie accent?) doing drills.

9 minutes ago, tin said:

I take it you mean Ashton Hill (top of Belmont Hill, to the right)? I walked the dog there late this morning as well and often stop to watch them train. I could only see Simpson and two others (one sounded like he had an Aussie accent?) doing drills.

Yeah, this was 1-2pm

5 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Surely they would or should save Mawson for duty in the league if they can. Not risk a set back in a cup match.

The counter argument to that is that it`s a perfect game to use to get him up to speed.

You can`t win - if he plays and gets crocked we`ve got it wrong but if he doesn`t and starts v Brentford and plays like he`s been out for months we`ve got it wrong too.

1 hour ago, SedRA said:

Finally some positive news, not sure how close they are but sounds good.

hopefully they’re back sooner than expected but it is city so 

15 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Don't know what our midfield is when they both return!

Got to be Walsh, Williams, Bakinson 

then Semenyo, Fam/Wells, Pato

47 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Yep  I 'm certain   the entire league would be quaking in it's boots ..........If Deano gave an update on our many injuries?  ?

34 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Don't know what our midfield is when they both return!

We actually have a decent looking MF potentially. Obviously someone will go, but you'd think Williams & Walsh were Holden's plan. Add Paterson with Bakinson & HNM as backup. I do feel Nagy will go, but a promising looking MF.

23 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think we will have a strong line up tomorrow. But no need to play Mawson

20 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

The counter argument to that is that it`s a perfect game to use to get him up to speed.

You can`t win - if he plays and gets crocked we`ve got it wrong but if he doesn`t and starts v Brentford and plays like he`s been out for months we`ve got it wrong too.

I think it depends on exactly how close he is, if the next step is playing, then depending on game situation it may be a good time to give him 30 minutes or so.

Archived