IGNORED

A little bit of injury info?

SedRA

14 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

We actually have a decent looking MF potentially. Obviously someone will go, but you'd think Williams & Walsh were Holden's plan. Add Paterson with Bakinson & HNM as backup. I do feel Nagy will go, but a promising looking MF.

I think it depends on exactly how close he is, if the next step is playing, then depending on game situation it may be a good time to give him 30 minutes or so.

There`s an argument for playing him tomorrow, resting him for Brentford where he will be having to twist and turn an awful lot with their forwards (and we`re not expecting to get anything anyway) and then back in for PNE.

3 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

There`s an argument for playing him tomorrow, resting him for Brentford where he will be having to twist and turn an awful lot with their forwards (and we`re not expecting to get anything anyway) and then back in for PNE.

Yep, can’t see us getting anything from Brentford and Mbuemo and Canos are decent 

1 hour ago, Redrascal2 said:

Surely they would or should save Mawson for duty in the league if they can. Not risk a set back in a cup match.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

The counter argument to that is that it`s a perfect game to use to get him up to speed.

You can`t win - if he plays and gets crocked we`ve got it wrong but if he doesn`t and starts v Brentford and plays like he`s been out for months we`ve got it wrong too.

Agree LR.  He’s either over his injury or he’s not.  He’s been back in full training for over a week. We don’t know if that week is gently easing him in and a bit of a test / check, or he’s right at it.  The one thing we do know is that he won’t be natch sharp.

If he genuinely is ready, then I’d look to play him and try to get 55-60 minutes into his legs.

If he’s not ready, wait until he is.

2 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Its almost as if Holden doesn't want to alert clubs to the fact the guys could be returning from injury sooner then publicly said....

But regards the season so far...if a player is out for months, give the fans some bloody info.

It's not like opponents have been bamboozled by our enigmatic head coach! 

Or if they have, I'd hate to see how shite we would have been if we'd divulged all our secret info. Bad enough as it is!

3 hours ago, SedRA said:

I went for a walk today at Ashton Plantation which happens to have a path that walks right next to the failand training ground. Watched the boys train for a bit and had a couple of observations about our injured players. 

- Walsh and Sessegnon were together doing laps and then light ball work, and movement  

- Williams was working on his own doing some passing and movement drills. 

All seemed to be moving pretty well and seemed in decent spirits. 

I haven’t really kept up on what has been said by Holden re injuries, so don’t know if any of this is new or useful news, but I know people are interested in their progress so maybe it’s helpful information? ?‍♂️ 

Are you employed by Leeds United?

PS. Didn't see the posts about Bielsa.

• Admin
4 hours ago, SedRA said:

I went for a walk today at Ashton Plantation which happens to have a path that walks right next to the failand training ground. Watched the boys train for a bit and had a couple of observations about our injured players. 

- Walsh and Sessegnon were together doing laps and then light ball work, and movement  

- Williams was working on his own doing some passing and movement drills. 

All seemed to be moving pretty well and seemed in decent spirits. 

I haven’t really kept up on what has been said by Holden re injuries, so don’t know if any of this is new or useful news, but I know people are interested in their progress so maybe it’s helpful information? ?‍♂️ 

How close were you to recognise the players? 

I struggle when they are on a pitch

4 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Just what we need at the moment-

a bloody dog walker on our new training ground. It'll be designated a village green before you can say 'Ashton out, Holden out and LJ is unsackable' .

5 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Just what we need at the moment-

a bloody dog walker on our new training ground. It'll be designated a village green before you can say 'Ashton out, Holden out and LJ is unsackable' .

the gas will move in thinking its theirs if its covered in wallops

3 hours ago, phantom said:

How close were you to recognise the players? 

I struggle when they are on a pitch

Injured players were easy as they were on the side right by the path. Walsh and Sessegnon ran by about 20 yards away, could see the number 43 on his shorts really clearly. 

Keepers were also over the same side, could even see Bentley had had a very fresh hair trim ? 

2 hours ago, Harry said:

So they’re “back on grass” then? 

I guess so! They were doing some reasonably intense movement drills, passing the ball etc 

I got the impression Williams was further behind than the other two as he seemed to join later and be working on his own. 

6 hours ago, tin said:

I take it you mean Ashton Hill (top of Belmont Hill, to the right)? I walked the dog there late this morning as well and often stop to watch them train. I could only see Simpson and two others (one sounded like he had an Aussie accent?) doing drills.

Paul Agostino?

8 hours ago, Red Zeppelin said:

Mad that this is the most transparency we've had 3.5 months into the season, a casual rambler. 

I ramble a bit (its an age thang) and casually get to the point when I remember what I have been casually rambling about in the first place, casually.

Archived