IGNORED

Forecast tomorrow

Robin Wood

Give Max a start?

Mariappa and TM with Rowe & Opi/ Vyner

Not sure if the all negative tests means Palmer is actually available or not. HNM Palmer/Nagy Bakinson. Not sure we have many other options

Semenyo , Fam & Adelukin

Truth be told, I've not got a clue, but I would expect a few squad players in. Shame that Pring is Cuptied, would have been a good game for him.

City should be too strong for lower division Pompey but it’s the FA cup and you just never know....They’ll fancy an upset especially as they’ll know City aren’t exactly setting the Championship alight.

I’d take a scrapped 1-0 win right now.

34 minutes ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Is Taylor Moore worth trying in the midfield?

Just as an experiment for the game.

@Davefevs

Imho nope.  I don’t think he’s got footballing ability to receive the ball on the half-turn or back to goal and retain possession.

If you want to play a “stopper” as a DM, then fine, but not for me.  He might screen the two CBs....but others can do that.  He’s not a David Rennie for example.  I think it would just stifle us in possession and make us incredibly predictable and virtually impossible to play through the lines.

4 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Give Max a start?

Not sure if the all negative tests means Palmer is actually available or not. HNM Palmer/Nagy Bakinson. Not sure we have many other options

Semenyo , Fam & Adelukin

Truth be told, I've not got a clue, but I would expect a few squad players in. Shame that Pring is Cuptied, would have been a good game for him.

Like that front 3

8 hours ago, Robin Wood said:

Got a bad feeling 2-1 defeat tomorrow 

The players have had a bit of a rest. DH has a fairly strong team. 2-1 win to City and then lets hope for a home tie in the next round against a Spurs side or similar which will bring back some thing to look forward too. COYR.

55 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

For those not who have not noticed; the game is LIVE ON FA PLAYER free to sign up so no need for dodgy streaming

being an odd time on a sunday its likely it will be on Foxtel "be in sports" channel for those of us around the world. 

10 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Give Max a start?

Semenyo , Fam & Adelukin

Yes, I was wondering whether Adelukun was brought back to allow a front three like this. The middle player could be any of Diediou, Martin or Wells. Both Adelukun and Semenyo seem like wide forwards, but not wingers.

Prediction 2-1 win. It won't be pretty, but the team will benefit from a bit of a rest and a little squad rotation.

18 minutes ago, tin said:

It wouldn’t be a shock if Pompey were to win today, IMO. Big game for Holden.

why?? is it because if we win of which I hope we do 2-1 City that Holden then gets the flack taken away for a few days and then most say OK we are doing well and the board and owners can sit down and say yes we our yes man is doing well!!

Oh if we do lose and I hope we do not then are you saying Holden,s big game is probably most likely his last.

All games are big games at this level and we know DH is not our man long term.

3 minutes ago, City oz said:

why?? is it because if we win of which I hope we do 2-1 City that Holden then gets the flack taken away for a few days and then most say OK we are doing well and the board and owners can sit down and say yes we our yes man is doing well!!

Oh if we do lose and I hope we do not then are you saying Holden,s big game is probably most likely his last.

All games are big games at this level and we know DH is not our man long term.

For many reasons. We’re playing a team from a lower league, we’re at home, he’s had 12 days since the last game to work with the players on the training ground (tactics, shape etc), he’s got more options from returning loanees - that all adds up to people thinking we’re favourites.

But Pompey have a fully-fit squad, we have a history of struggling to break down direct teams. This game is a potential banana skin, much like Shrewsbury last year. 

All I want is a positive performance and for Holden to show nous to rotate his squad (both with selection and subs) as we have three tough league games in seven days, starting at Brentford on Weds. 

Some fans come on here every season finding a reason why the cup competitions are not important this year - SL has a different view though and has stated how important Cup runs are to the club.

Going out at this stage to lower league opposition will not be seen as acceptable.

Big game for DH.

13 minutes ago, tin said:

For many reasons. We’re playing a team from a lower league, we’re at home, he’s had 12 days since the last game to work with the players on the training ground (tactics, shape etc), he’s got more options from returning loanees - that all adds up to people thinking we’re favourites.

But Pompey have a fully-fit squad, we have a history of struggling to break down direct teams. This game is a potential banana skin, much like Shrewsbury last year. 

All I want is a positive performance and for Holden to show nous to rotate his squad (both with selection and subs) as we have three tough league games in seven days, starting at Brentford on Weds. 

Tin, we all want you want. big question though win or lose today in the cup against a team in the lower league is not comparable to the next three weeks in the opponents we face in the championship. Please shed some light on why todays one is a" big one for DH"

I think the next three or four in the Championship is more likely the big ones for DH.

8 minutes ago, City oz said:

Tin, we all want you want. big question though win or lose today in the cup against a team in the lower league is not comparable to the next three weeks in the opponents we face in the championship. Please shed some light on why todays one is a" big one for DH"

I think the next three or four in the Championship is more likely the big ones for DH.

See @Nogbad the Bad’s reply above. The board has said cup runs are important - presumably this year more than ever with the virus affecting the club’s income. I agree with you, though, that the league is the priority. So it’s a big game for Holden to get a result against a tricky opponent, while keeping our best players fresh for the tough run of league games ahead. Playing Mawson, for example, is asking for trouble, IMO.

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

City should be too strong for lower division Pompey but it’s the FA cup and you just never know....They’ll fancy an upset especially as they’ll know City aren’t exactly setting the Championship alight.

I’d take a scrapped 1-0 win right now.

In all fairness we are unable to win any other way at the moment

This year, more than most, all clubs could do with a run. All EFL clubs are losing money and a decent cup run could help, no wonder the club are saying we need a cup run.

As for an upset, people just look at Championship Vs L1 and nothing about injuries, COVID and circumstances will count. It may not be a surprise to many on here, but it will count as a cup upset.

Archived