IGNORED

Ugly Bristol City Players

BigAl&Toby

55 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Top of the homepage, advice on depression and people reaching out. Couple topics down, this - classic otib 

I’m disappointed I had to get this far through the thread to see a comment like this, but glad at least someone said it.

In this day and age, a thread dedicated to “ugly” people? Really?

1 hour ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Not sure I get your point. Care to explain it?

I took my fluoxetine this morning. I’m outdoors enjoying the warmth of the sun. 

Help me out.

Hmmm, I’m not sure I get your point either, because I understand what you are saying, Does your struggle Mean your allowed to mock others?

look I know there’s ‘banter’ but the thread just made me a little uncomfortable considering what I read pinned at the top of the page just before

39 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Hmmm, I’m not sure I get your point either, because I understand what you are saying, Does your struggle Mean your allowed to mock others?

look I know there’s ‘banter’ but the thread just made me a little uncomfortable considering what I read pinned at the top of the page just before

Listen we all have our issues and I must say when I shared mine then BigAl was one of the first to PM me and offer help and advice.

Nothing wrong with a bit of banter and humour on here to help people through difficult times. If there was a thread on BCFC's best looking supporter then I know I would win in a canter and Al would be in the relegation zone. In saying that I know he would take my comment in the humour intended. 

Just for the record Al and I have never met.

45 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Ok. Some context.

It was never my intention to offend, upset or humiliate anyone. If I’ve done that then I apologise.

It was simply an attempt - a poor one it seems in some people’s eyes - to lighten the mood. I’ve always found humour helps - whether it’s Frankie Boyle or Frankie Howerd.

As Sly and his Family said, Different Strokes for Different Folks.

And me? Well I’ve struggled with mental health for well over 20 years. I’m 53. I’ve had Christ knows how many BUPA and self-funded sessions with different mental health professionals in that time.

There have been many times when I’ve just wanted to sleep. For ages. I’ve taken medication as well but have always found the best medicine to be has been the outdoors, exercise and humour.

Apologies to Richard, Luke and anyone else who’s been posted on here or who’s upset or offended.

Mods - do with the post whatever you see fit.

3 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Ok. Some context.

It was never my intention to offend, upset or humiliate anyone. If I’ve done that then I apologise.

It was simply an attempt - a poor one it seems in some people’s eyes - to lighten the mood. I’ve always found humour helps - whether it’s Frankie Boyle or Frankie Howerd.

As Sly and his Family said, Different Strokes for Different Folks.

And me? Well I’ve struggled with mental health for well over 20 years. I’m 53. I’ve had Christ knows how many BUPA and self-funded sessions with different mental health professionals in that time.

There have been many times when I’ve just wanted to sleep. For ages. I’ve taken medication as well but have always found the best medicine to be has been the outdoors, exercise and humour.

Apologies to Richard, Luke and anyone else who’s been posted on here or who’s upset or offended.

Mods - do with the post whatever you see fit.

Not offended at all (seriously), just felt a little off considering what I had just read on this site that was quite wholesome.

I am sorry to hear of your struggles, certainly we’ve all got em’ 

Recently taken up the idea of “silence is violence” (though violence in this case is a little full on!!) so I called it as I saw it, because let’s face it we could do with a kinder world.

21 minutes ago, swanker said:

image.jpeg.4b773d07a7c8b0a5fd49bff9732b2e99.jpeg

There’s clearly a lot of subjectivity on this subject.

I would put John Bailey in the extremely handsome category as when I was new to the world of work I would often see him in or around the pubs on a lunch time, and he’d give me a little smile or a wink.

11 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Always thought that our old Finnish friend Pertti Jantunen was the worst looking player we ever had, but seeing some of the others, Im not so sure now.

Screenshot_20210110_104553.jpg

You beat me to it on that one. Only 28 years old when the photo was taken.

From this brilliant Twitter feed: 

33 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

FAEE8FCC-DEDB-4FA9-8193-95F701F1F836.jpeg

Whilst recognising your post may be leading me in to a 'Whoosh' moment, I am sure @RedM  will be able to confirm that this photo is of our very own David Moyes!

It absolutely is, a very young Moysie. As mentioned he matured like fine wine into the Sex God he is. ?

On 10/01/2021 at 13:23, Fjmcity said:

I don’t think there is any harm or malice intended in this thread. Most of us have taken it and joined in the spirit in which it was intended.

The title of the thread is very clear. Anyone who feels they might be upset by its contents cannot possibly open it by accident, it can be avoided. 

Anyone old enough to remember the Football League Review? In the late 60's they used to have a "Handsome Poll"........... all the ladies used to write in suggesting their favs. Chris Garland was often in there along with the likes of George Best, Trevor Hockey (Brum) George Ley (Pompey) and  (amazingly) Nicky Jennings (Argyle), must have been a wind-up as he was a ringer for Plug of the Bash Street Kids !

Archived