IGNORED

Sheff Utd

Hampshire Red

The BBC have called their result yesterday their first win since July. Does it really count against that shambolic outfir across town?

Then on BBC MoTD highlights, they (two women, politically correct in every sense out of three) desrbided the home team as 'Bristol' - does this both anyone on OTIB?

There is only One Team in Bristol and they certainly werent losing to a team in pink shirts yesterday. Worth a letter or two to the national broadcaster who seem to think football commentary should join cricket and rugby commentary as being best delivered by ladies who have never played in a mans' game. Fine that they commentate on WSL but really, what next, some little beauty criticising a front row for not being aggressive enough against an All Black front row?

Good on Chorley by the way but scenes of their mens dressing room being giggled at by Alex whatshername is just taking our game to new lows

26 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Then on BBC MoTD highlights, they (two women, politically correct in every sense out of three) desrbided the home team as 'Bristol' -

I’d like to delve further in to this... what do you mean “politically correct in every sense out of three”?

32 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

The BBC have called their result yesterday their first win since July. Does it really count against that shambolic outfir across town?

Then on BBC MoTD highlights, they (two women, politically correct in every sense out of three) desrbided the home team as 'Bristol' - does this both anyone on OTIB?

There is only One Team in Bristol and they certainly werent losing to a team in pink shirts yesterday. Worth a letter or two to the national broadcaster who seem to think football commentary should join cricket and rugby commentary as being best delivered by ladies who have never played in a mans' game. Fine that they commentate on WSL but really, what next, some little beauty criticising a front row for not being aggressive enough against an All Black front row?

Good on Chorley by the way but scenes of their mens dressing room being giggled at by Alex whatshername is just taking our game to new lows

Are you feeling okay?

38 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Reckon you need to open another can of Stella, mate. Sounds like you've had one too many rejections in your life. 

44 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

I think you criticising anyone, regardless of gender, on any form of communication is quite bold. That was almost indecipherable.

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

I suggest both Alex Scott and Gabby logan know a lot more about football than you do. 

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

Not just football you have horrendous opinions on then.

If only Alex Scott was as knowledgeable about the game as you she could suggest that Jamaica international Bobby Reid was going to get an England call up. How’s that coming along by the way?

Couldn’t careless if it’s men , women, gay , straight. All they need to be is knowledgable about the game. Gabby Logan, Alex Scott , Kelly cates (dalglish) Laura woods as examples are excellent football presenters/pundits . Certainly much better than the likes of Robbie savage, Tony pulis , Ian Holloway and Paul Merson . 

Must be cold out there in the cave this morning. 

We get called Bristol all the time. Alex Scott is a brilliant pundit, gabby has been around for years precisely because how good she is.

Seriously, why do some men hate sharing the game with women so much? 

2 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

You got some damning replies there Hampshire Red but I am with you, Alex Scott although better to look at than many other pundits adds nothing to the analysis that normal football fans watching can come up with themselves. Some of the other pundits mentioned above at least offer some entertainment with their experience in the game.

I would expect it has been the same for Sheffield United and Wednesday too - both being referred to as ‘Sheffield’. 
Oxford United are referred to simply as ‘Oxford’ - but there is an Oxford City too. Swindon Town are referred to as ‘Swindon’, but there is Swindon Supermarine too. 
I do find it slightly annoying when we (or the Gas) are referred to as ‘Bristol’ though - a bit like to the same level I’m annoyed about some mushrooms that are going off in the fridge - I really should have cooked them. What a waste of 99p. 

20 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I would expect it has been the same for Sheffield United and Wednesday too - both being referred to as ‘Sheffield’. 
Oxford United are referred to simply as ‘Oxford’ - but there is an Oxford City too. Swindon Town are referred to as ‘Swindon’, but there is Swindon Supermarine too. 
I do find it slightly annoying when we (or the Gas) are referred to as ‘Bristol’ though - a bit like to the same level I’m annoyed about some mushrooms that are going off in the fridge - I really should have cooked them. What a waste of 99p. 

Get your own back like me by calling both clubs Manchester (a bit confusing when they play each other) 

3 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Christ alive. And there was me thinking that Hampshire was an educated county....

I love fishing in these difficult times. You might notice that from some of the light hearted nonsense I post. Then again you might think they’re serious threads. They aren’t.

Mind you I liked how Alex Scott pronounced Milton Keynes. And Gabby Logan referred to them as MK Dons.

I ended up wondering if Milton was related to Maynard. John not Nicky.

And which cock would get upset about her calling Rovers Bristol. And who’d start a thread about it.

Well here’s the winner........ ?

11 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

image.png.7f8ace77b433e6b4bae787e5e4b9c0a1.png

I joined OTIB in 2017. Post semi-regularly, yet read a lot of threads and posts (I don't venture into the non-football forum, I wonder if this is what it's like?!). I enjoy deliving into threads of all shapes and sizes, and fully expect there to be questionalble debate, opinions I disagree with, and the occasional oddball spouting nonsense - that's par for the course on a football forum.

However I doff my cap, congratulations on creating the most moronic and tragic thread I've read here to date. The absolute STATE of it. I'm almost impressed.

I hope everyone enjoyed City's win today!

Love the replies, so some of you have all got the point. I don't like the gas being given the name 'Bristol' as implies there isn't another, nor a much better team in Bristol. 

Also, I like Gabby Logan but find it odd that two woman plus Dublin are asked to present 90mins of men's football. They aren't bad would wouldn't you all find it odd if Antony Joshua presented tv coverage of ladies beach volleyball when there are ex-players who could take the mic'. 

Anyway, we are through to round 4 of the FA Cup and the bluefew can concentrate on getting their oranges delivered to a new training pitch. That feels better. 

25 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Love the replies, so some of you have all got the point. I don't like the gas being given the name 'Bristol' as implies there isn't another, nor a much better team in Bristol. 

Also, I like Gabby Logan but find it odd that two woman plus Dublin are asked to present 90mins of men's football. They aren't bad would wouldn't you all find it odd if Antony Joshua presented tv coverage of ladies beach volleyball when there are ex-players who could take the mic'. 

Anyway, we are through to round 4 of the FA Cup and the bluefew can concentrate on getting their oranges delivered to a new training pitch. That feels better. 

Alex Scott or Robbie Savage, who would you rather listen to? 

Case closed. 

44 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Don’t get your point . Alex Scott played for England , so she’s  well qualified if that’s your problem. 

Archived