IGNORED

Sheff Utd

Hampshire Red

12 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Also, I like Gabby Logan but find it odd that two woman plus Dublin are asked to present 90mins of men's football. They aren't bad would wouldn't you all find it odd if Antony Joshua presented tv coverage of ladies beach volleyball when there are ex-players who could take the mic'. 

Thats is the wrong comparison. It would be if AJ was asked to present TV coverage of ladies boxing, which wouldn’t seem too strange as he has a couple of female boxers on his books.

12 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Don’t get your point . Alex Scott played for England , so she’s  well qualified if that’s your problem. 

I don’t always like Alex commentating but that’s nothing to do with the fact that she is femal

12 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

Savage every day of the week

let her stick to women's "football" 

Does that mean that women should only watch ‘men’s’ football . With the vast number of women who watch men’s football, can’t one actually comment on the game. I’m not necessarily a great fan of Alex, but she’s probably more qualified to talk about football (last time I checked it was the same game & same rulesof 11 v 11 regardless whether it was men’s or women’s)  than many on this forum are.

On 10/01/2021 at 08:38, Hampshire Red said:

The BBC have called their result yesterday their first win since July. Does it really count against that shambolic outfir across town?

Then on BBC MoTD highlights, they (two women, politically correct in every sense out of three)...Worth a letter or two to the national broadcaster who seem to think football commentary should join cricket and rugby commentary as being best delivered by ladies who have never played in a mans' game. 

You tragic dinosaur.

Has it ever occurred to you that most male commentators have never played the game at a serious level?

I think she would be a reasonable commentator, pundit on Womans football which is fine; but she is commnetating on a different sport; WSL has never been the FA Cup, never will be, for me. If you read my post my objection was about her calling the gas 'BRISTOL@. In my opinion there is some debate amongst City fans as to whether it is a compliment to our club to be called 'Bristol' (as there is clearly OTIB) or if it is a bad thing the commentatoro cant be as*** to call us 'Bristol City'

What i hope there is no disagreement over is that for the bluefew, gasheads to be called 'Bristol' is just wrong! Rant over and now lets start remebember there is (yet again) only one team from Bristol left in the FA Cup and only one team playing in the Championship and only one team likley to be in League 2 next season.

• Admin
23 hours ago, Harry said:

Male pundits refer to us as Bristol as much as female pundits. So, I guess, nothing to see here. Move along.  

And for what it’s worth, I think Alex Scott is an excellent pundit. Better than many of the men. 

Completely agree, she got some terrible abuse about taking over as host of "A question of sport" which as usual was whipped up by the MSM

But having watched more football on TV recently than in the past, she clearly is very knowledgeable on the game and is actually a breath of fresh air on TV 

23 hours ago, fanjita said:

Why do women reporters at these games have to SHOUT when giving updates on the match? They are all the same, just listen next time.

I'd suggest you listen to the Scottish football commentator on Sky, he shouts all the time, but I guess that doesn't fit your agenda !!

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

I think she would be a reasonable commentator, pundit on Womans football which is fine; but she is commnetating on a different sport; WSL has never been the FA Cup, never will be, for me. If you read my post my objection was about her calling the gas 'BRISTOL@. In my opinion there is some debate amongst City fans as to whether it is a compliment to our club to be called 'Bristol' (as there is clearly OTIB) or if it is a bad thing the commentatoro cant be as*** to call us 'Bristol City'

What i hope there is no disagreement over is that for the bluefew, gasheads to be called 'Bristol' is just wrong! Rant over and now lets start remebember there is (yet again) only one team from Bristol left in the FA Cup and only one team playing in the Championship and only one team likley to be in League 2 next season.

Football is football ?

Sadly your point lost any credibility as soon as it was implied it was a problem by a female commentator

I agree about "Bristol", we are Bristol City, Bristol are the cities rugby side. Maybe is is recognition that the other lot are really not relevant?

• Admin
22 hours ago, Banned User said:

Sheffield United beat Reading in the first round of the League cup, so that fact is wrong anyway.

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2020/september/burnley-report/

13 hours ago, Wade Wilson said:

Alex Scott or Robbie Savage, who would you rather listen to? 

Case closed. 

Exactly Alex Scott every day of the week !

39 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Why aren't we top then? 

2 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

If your initial post was purely about the use of the word ‘Bristol’, then you could very easily have stated “the BBC pundits have been calling Rovers ‘Bristol’. What do we think of that”. 
However, what you did instead, was casually wander off into 1970’s sexism. So you rightly got a backlash. 
If you are unable to grasp that, then fine, that’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it, but don’t pretend to defend yourself later with transparent backtracking. 

2 hours ago, SecretSam said:

You tragic dinosaur.

Has it ever occurred to you that most male commentators have never played the game at a serious level?

That maybe so, but they don't menstruate every few weeks, thus making the Gengen press - let alone the offside law - indecipherable. Nor do they breast feed, at the end of the day. Or any other time of the day. Imagine trying to understand some of @Davefevs posts when you're nourishing an infant with your own milk? It just cannot be done!

Neither do blokes swoon over Gary Barlow, or go a bit giddy at the mere mention of Robson Green - all clear impediments to "knowing the game."

2 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

I think you got yerself in a bit of tizz over yer Bristols v yer "bristols," there 'amp, but don't be too hard on yerself, this befuddlement comes to us all eventually, even yer social worker worriers. Stick to the "LJ - now you're missing him, aren't you, you miserable, moaning buggers" line - you could be on to something there!

Harry, I never back-track; better believe it. I very much welcome other opinions but mine are equally valid when factually correct, even if you dont like that.

Anyway enough non-City talk lets get on to this Wednesday when some on here will already have written their diatribe about Holden, Training ground tactics (or lack of them), MA for selling Kelly for £12m, not having the development skills since LJ developed JB, BR, TA, JOsh B, LK, etc etc

For me, I'll watch the game like i have done at Brentford more than any other away ground and comment when i find the one-eyed comments that i know will appear on here. Is that ok, Harry?

9 hours ago, phantom said:

Completely agree, she got some terrible abuse about taking over as host of "A question of sport" which as usual was whipped up by the MSM

But having watched more football on TV recently than in the past, she clearly is very knowledgeable on the game and is actually a breath of fresh air on TV 

I'd suggest you listen to the Scottish football commentator on Sky, he shouts all the time, but I guess that doesn't fit your agenda !!

Sign her up, SL...!

Archived