IGNORED

Portsmouth (H) - FA CUP R3 - 13:30 Sun 10th January - Matchday thread

So the magic of the FA Cup comes to BS3 today, even though in lowdown, given our recent performances and ongoing injuries it’s challenging to see too much magic!

Looking for positives Alfie Mawson is training and could feature, Pompey are focussed on getting into the Championship and their form is patchy, our extensive injury list presents opportunities for a few who otherwise wouldn’t be involved.

So rather than magic I’d be pleased with a minor miracle and us playing some attractive and effective football at home with a much higher number of attempts on goal, along with an early goal to get us settled and comfortable progression to the next round of the cup.

Although, in reality, I suspect it will be not much of a spectacle, with our cup history and form providing Pompey a decent chance of heading home victorious.

If there is anything in recent media reports it will be interesting to see the attitudes and performances of AN and FD (if they play).

With Brentford away up next this is an opportunity for the team to show what they can do.

The MAGIC of the FA cup in full force today as City get ready to put Pompey to the sword in an expected goal scoring bonanza! With lots of time on the training field and a whole host of new players to choose from it's not a question of IF we'll win but by how MANY? I for one cannot wait for the veritable feast of football displayed by Dean's Dream Team!

No replays of course, so extra time and pens if needed. AS IF!

AND

ErXt8TXXAAUtjJ-?format=png&name=small

6 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Yes great to have Mawson back, as there aren't any U23 fixtures according to the OS fixture list until the 12th it makes sense to play him now. Also mixing Covid groups probs not a good idea?

Also Fam being cup tied... well Boro are already out of the cup so....

Beat me to it.

As I said on the Experiment thread last week, expect a strong line up and that’s about as strong a line up we can field right now.

Great to see Mawson back.

COYR - hoping to see a rested, prepared and energetic display today and we’ve got enough to see off a good Pompey team.

2 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Thought he would have started with O'Leary, Edwards and Massengo.

When you lose 4 out of 5 and head to Brentford next you recall everyone (except J Smith) and play everyone in a desperate effort to win a game.

Very physical, very experienced team.

Not against trying to win football matches at all, quite the opposite, think it's best for Dean to play strongest team available here.

Archived