IGNORED

Portsmouth (H) - FA CUP R3 - 13:30 Sun 10th January - Matchday thread

1st half summary.

Inconsistent!  Some nice stuff and some sloppy stuff.

I know Nagy is on a booking, but the goal was one of 2 or 3 powder puff challenges from him.  Bakinson a couple too.  Got to be more committed....weak!

Semenyo looking sharp (just relax on the shot, son!)

Some other bits I’ll comment after the game that were encouraging, see if they continue it second half.

29 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Lovely touch for the assist too. That's going to help Adelakun's confidence...

I’m pleased for Adelakun, credit must also go to Martin who opened up the space with his run across the box. 

Anyhow, terrible time to concede an equaliser , we really need to up the tempo in the second half.

We can, and should win this. 

6 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Paris is pronounced that way in the English language. In the same way that London is not “London” in French but “Londres”.

However, to just broadly pronounce people’s names in English when they are clearly not with no disregard is just ignorant. Fair enough some names are hard to know how to pronounce, but to just pronounce all foreign names as if they were English is definitely disrespectful if you know how they should be pronounced.

That's not even the worst of it.
The commentator keeps mentioning Nik Eliasson, even though he doesn't play for us any more.

Apologies if this has been mentioned earlier in the thread, I haven't read it all.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

1st half summary.

Inconsistent!  Some nice stuff and some sloppy stuff.

I know Nagy is on a booking, but the goal was one of 2 or 3 powder puff challenges from him.  Bakinson a couple too.  Got to be more committed....weak!

Semenyo looking sharp (just relax on the shot, son!)

Some other bits I’ll comment after the game that were encouraging, see if they continue it second half.

We just dangle a leg and hope to win ball. On a positive how good to see Mawson back , him and Kalas should give us some a real foundation to build on

We look so static up front. None of our players seem to create space or draw defenders with them. 

We have been quite positive pushing into the final third but then it all seems to stop. Marriapa and Rowe have been getting into some wide space but lack options in the box. 

The Bakinson chance was probably the best from wide and he got nowhere near it. 

Fammy has done well running at them. 

Even first half, but Portsmouth have found it easy to get the ball into our area and we've paid for it right at the death. Lost count of the number of crosses and passes into the box, especially from their left.

City look good going forward but Semenyo needs to play with his head up and a bit more composure - unfortunately it is the same every game now and there doesn't seem to be improvement. 

Adelakun is a bit of a stranger in the team, a bit lost and needs to get into the game - its his first game for us for God knows how long so not too surprising. 

Everyone else is playing well imo and its good to see Mawson back, we've missed him on the ball at the back and he doesn't lose much in the air either. Kalas also playing well, as is Deidhiou. Good midfield battle which I think Portsmouth have just about shaded although Nagy and Bakinson have done well. 

I expected a comfortable win for Portsmouth tbh, but City are playing ok - just need to cut out all those crosses and passes into the box. 

2 minutes ago, Redtrojan said:

We look the more likely team and I worryingly expect us to win 3-1.

Cue a second half drubbing!!

On a different note ,Mawson looks a big unit ,does he usually carry that much timber.He has the physique of Dave Rodgers for those of a certain age on here.

I'll let you tell Dave that

Just now, Andy082005 said:

How have we been this half? Not been watching . 

Better attacking wise, look much more threatening. Surprisingly Martin and Fam as a partnership is working very well!

Still suspect in central midfield, look a little soft in there when Portsmouth have the ball. Crying out a ball winning midfielder! 

Defensively sound up until that point. Just a catalogue of errors there for the goal. 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

We look so static up front. None of our players seem to create space or draw defenders with them. 

We have been quite positive pushing into the final third but then it all seems to stop. Marriapa and Rowe have been getting into some wide space but lack options in the box. 

The Bakinson chance was probably the best from wide and he got nowhere near it. 

Fammy has done well running at them. 

Funny, I thought this was some of the best movement and link-up I’ve seen from us for quite a while.

Final ball / choice not good enough though.

4 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Just seen the `injury` again and it looks for all the world like his own player kicked him in the stomach.

Yes, we should have defended, but what the **** was the ref doing giving them a free kick? He didn't BLOW for a free kick, only for a player being down.

Archived