IGNORED

Portsmouth (H) - FA CUP R3 - 13:30 Sun 10th January - Matchday thread

I’m usually a glass half full kind of person....

But I think you need to look hard to find positives from that performance. Especially with players returning and a decent break in games.

2 moments of quality and some last ditch defending/keeping wins us that game where for large parts we were incoherent, disorganised and toothless again.

Fine for today against league 1 Pompey, but with Brentford, Preston and Norwich up next...I’m not feeling confident for those.

1 minute ago, sephjnr said:

Literally. Another 1-on-1 that could've gone either way if the ball had left the boot a little different.

And I hope our next game is on proper TV, that feed was a complete disgrace from commentary to direction.

If that was the FA Player, then all I could get was a half circle going round and round for ever. Had to watch on hesgoal, which was not too bad today. Never mind we won and now on to the next game.

1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

I’m usually a glass half full kind of person....

But I think you need to look hard to find positives from that performance. Especially with players returning and a decent break in games.

2 moments of quality and some last ditch defending/keeping wins us that game. 

Fine for today against league 1 Pompey, but with Brentford, Preston and Norwich up next...I’m not feeling confident for those.

Looking for positives, at least we had the moments of quality today, even if they were few and far between! 

Well done lads.

A win is a win and the confidence boost and prize money will come in handy. 

Martin looked sharp.

Moore did well when he came on .

Bakinson and Semenyo both sharp and sloppy in the same match .

Great to see Mawson back.

Another goal for Famaral, ‘give him a new contract you shit ‘ to paraphrase Alan Partridge.

As for the performance, we just seem to lack intensity and belief to push through to the next level. 

We weren’t bad but not wholly convincing either.

I expected a bit more from Pompey. 

Still let’s draw a big club in the next round and have some fun before we concentrate on the league.

Oh and thank Bob for Bentley. I didn’t want extra time so his save at the end was fantastic. 

4 minutes ago, red84 said:

Thought we controlled game well when we were 442 with natural wingers. Unfortunately switched off just before half time for their goal.

2nd half again started well but as soon as Dean chose to put Wells on the wing Pompey were the only ones looking likely to score. Bakinson should have been pulled off instead of Nagy. 

We used to get an orange. ;)

3 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

If that was the FA Player, then all I could get was a half circle going round and round for ever. Had to watch on hesgoal, which was not too bad today. Never mind we won and now on to the next game.

It was, the commentator can't pronounce names and the director had a fixation for Kenny Jackett over impartiality.

Archived