IGNORED

Alfie Mawson

Shuffle

So pleased to have him back and thought he was superb today, dominate in the air and confident on the ball.  Just hope he can stay fit as exudes class and with Kalas and one from Mapps/Vyner or Baker will give us the platform to build from in a 3-5-2.

Thought our performance dipped the minute he went off but underlined today that class is permanent.

The  biggest positive from today!

Bit Harsh on Taylor Moore who made two great

interceptions!

But agree he won all the duels you would expect considering he is Premier League and Portsmouth are League one.

Agree he looks good. A back 3 with him, Kalas and Baker could be awesome and perhaps allow Dean to play his favourite formation. Hopefully with a firing KP (we can all dream)

2 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Bit Harsh on Taylor Moore who made two great

interceptions!

But agree he won all the duels you would expect considering he is Premier League and Portsmouth are League one.

Agree he looks good. A back 3 with him, Kalas and Baker could be awesome and perhaps allow Dean to play his favourite formation. Hopefully with a firing KP (we can all dream)

I thought Taylor had a good game as well, could see him sat between Kalas and Mawson in a back 3 with Zak operating as the deeper midfielder 

1 hour ago, Red Skin said:

Yes, good to see him back.

I thought Vyner deployed in midfield really made a difference too.   Proving to be having a really good season and playing a variety of positions on various loans has definitely helped him mature as a player.  

Vyner for me has been a huge liability and has cost us atleast 3 goals already this season.

1 hour ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Vyner for me has been a huge liability and has cost us atleast 3 goals already this season.

‘Huge’ is harsh, he had a rocky start but has grown into the season well and put in some great performances. I’d rather have him in the back line than Baker when he returns.

8 hours ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Good to see Mawson play and looked composed.

But how is Vyner supposed to learn if he isn't allowed to make mistakes?

I thought the CM looked composed when he played, maybe that's his role.

9 hours ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Definitely cost us goals but the two I recall were lapses in concentration at corners where he lost his man.  Something that he can address.   In terms of ability and his performances in general, he's been really good.  Solid in defence and can carry the ball out of defence and set up an attack. 

14 minutes ago, Taz said:

Sure I read somewhere that most/all of it was at Fulham...

Perhaps we should send all our injured players up to Fulham for some treatment if that’s the case. It would be nice to have Williams and Walsh playing again for us before the end of next season!

10 hours ago, Redwhitepurple said:

I’d argue Vyner has been better than Kalas so far this season. Before the season started I didn’t have much hope for Zak this year as I thought he would be 5th choice, but he’s exceeded my expectations and some.

Looked tidy in midfield yesterday when he came on too. With Mawson back now, looks like we have another option in midfield.

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Having seen Mawson limp off ( forget who against) I was expecting not to see him again given his history of knee issues so it was a pleasant surprise to see him back.

Not sure if he underwent rehab at City or returned to Fulham - does anyone know?

What you insinuating?

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s fairly transparent Dave.........;)

If Mawson underwent his rehab at City then clearly the medical/physio department knew what they were doing.

However, had he returned to Fulham.............:cool2:

You know where he did the majority of his rehab.....it was at Fulham.  It was on the OS.  As did Sessegnon.

So now you are casting aspersions on our medical team, having over the weekend said the opposite.

??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

You know where he did the majority of his rehab.....it was at Fulham.  It was on the OS.  As did Sessegnon.

So now you are casting aspersions on our medical team, having over the weekend said the opposite.

??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

Not casting aspersions at our medical/physio department at all - quite the opposite in fact. 

18 hours ago, Redwhitepurple said:

If you were a Manager we would have a team of thirty somethings slugging it out in mid table. Huge liability is a piss take tbh. Vyner did cost us a few times but he has shown improvement as the season has gone on. There have been a few games also when he’s been our stand out defender on the flip side. When you play younger players you have to take the rough with the smooth.

Archived