IGNORED

Team for Brentford

Colemanballs

8 hours ago, Prinny said:

It's one of the positions he plays. He played there at Aberdeen. He impressed in that area vs Portsmouth. He has the physical traits and willingness to attack and also tackle. The other midfielders also have flaws. He might not be in the team as a centre back now Mawson is back and Mariappa has been extended.

Thanks.

Christ. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Totally agree.  The two just don’t work as a pairing.

They've started what, 5 games together in 3 different formations? Blackburn (W), Rotherham (L), Millwall (L), Wycombe (W), Luton (L).

From WhoScored in those 5 Bakinson was left of a 3 twice, right centre of a 5 once, right of a 3 once, and middle of a 2 once. I know it's about role as much as position but it's hard to draw much from that I think.

If we're saying both are young (especially Bakinson) and both are still learning I think it's a bit early to say that personally.

1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

They've started what, 5 games together in 3 different formations? Blackburn (W), Rotherham (L), Millwall (L), Wycombe (W), Luton (L).

From WhoScored in those 5 Bakinson was left of a 3 twice, right centre of a 5 once, right of a 3 once, and middle of a 2 once. I know it's about role as much as position but it's hard to draw much from that I think.

If we're saying both are young (especially Bakinson) and both are still learning I think it's a bit early to say that personally.

Maybe I should’ve added “yet”....but the signs are they don’t communicate with each other, which means unless they build a telepathic relationship it’s always gonna struggle.  Of course they could resolve this though.

On 12/01/2021 at 09:16, Bill the Bee said:

Norguaard our best mid fielder has missed the last 14 leagues games where we are unbeaten.Dasilva will be a miss but expect Pontus to start.So we will start tomorrow night with only one player who started Saturday against Boro,Pinnock although Ghoddas could come in for Dasilva.Unlike you we have been very lucky with injuries so far expect a tight game saw your game at weekend v Pompey will you have a similar line up?

Looks like maybe not? Hindsight sure but saw on BBC something about operation- mind you clubs are getting injuries left, right and  centre (would be surprised if many more than us).

Guess the delay will enable both sides to get some players back, or the chance to anyway.

Archived