IGNORED

Chorley players

Redandproud

• Admin
42 minutes ago, Redandproud said:

Hold on a minute, football supporters have been told, when we're allowed back in stadiums, no singing, no chanting, or face ejection or arrest, BUT it's OK for Chorley players to sing out loudly in there dressing room on national TV, one rule for players another rule for us, 

Perhaps have a look at what you have just written and see what they actually did wrong?

31 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

"No singing" and "no chanting" don't feature in the EFL's code of conduct so is this actually a thing? Or just a bout of fake whipped-up anger?

https://www.efl.com/supporters/efl-supporters-code-of-conduct/

It was mentioned as something that may be brought in, didn't ever happen but as usual people believed it to be true

18 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

B.u.b.b.l.e.

Scary how some people really struggle

47 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

B.u.b.b.l.e.

What does this really mean though?

Elite players will be in "bubbles" as they are together every day. These lads wont, many of them will be off to work today.

Of course, in their defence they have been tested a couple of days ago (and mixed with who knows since then) and I expect many of the players would have isolated themselves before the game as no one would want to miss it through a positive test.

36 minutes ago, phantom said:

Perhaps have a look at what you have just written and see what they actually did wrong?

It was mentioned as something that may be brought in, didn't ever happen but as usual people believed it to be true

Scary how some people really struggle

Not that big on hand wringing Phantom, but I thought it was pretty crass and a good example of why we'll be moving into an even tighter lockdown soon.

As for the bubble argument... start counting all the postponements. Working well isn't it?

1 hour ago, Redandproud said:

Hold on a minute, football supporters have been told, when we're allowed back in stadiums, no singing, no chanting, or face ejection or arrest, BUT it's OK for Chorley players to sing out loudly in there dressing room on national TV, one rule for players another rule for us, 

Yep complete lack of common sense on their part.

14 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Are we talking about Crawley? 
I did find it bizarre that the players had just been involved in a match where there is contact, then made to safe distance for the interviews, and then proceeded to go into the changing room together. 

No, Chorley

50 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

What does this really mean though?

Elite players will be in "bubbles" as they are together every day. These lads wont, many of them will be off to work today.

Of course, in their defence they have been tested a couple of days ago (and mixed with who knows since then) and I expect many of the players would have isolated themselves before the game as no one would want to miss it through a positive test.

I think more of a worry was the fans at Marine that gathered (and appear to have allowed to stay there) to welcome Spurs and Marine players when they arrived. All should have been fined.

The BBC caption under the photo of 'locals welcoming their heros' sends completely the wrong message that its ok to gather in groups for sport whereas on the BBC news page they then print articles about individuals being fined. 

1 hour ago, Loco Rojo said:

I think more of a worry was the fans at Marine that gathered (and appear to have allowed to stay there) to welcome Spurs and Marine players when they arrived. All should have been fined.

The BBC caption under the photo of 'locals welcoming their heros' sends completely the wrong message that its ok to gather in groups for sport whereas on the BBC news page they then print articles about individuals being fined. 

and blooming patronising…

4 hours ago, Redandproud said:

The very fact that they’re allowed to play matches means there’s one rule for them and one for us. Assume you’re happy for them to play matches and so to crowd together in the box for corners etc. If so, why try to keep them apart and silent in the changing room?

Now if you’re arguing matches should not be played, perhaps you could claim some sort of logic.

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

The very fact that they’re allowed to play matches means there’s one rule for them and one for us. Assume you’re happy for them to play matches and so to crowd together in the box for corners etc. If so, why try to keep them apart and silent in the changing room?

Now if you’re arguing matches should not be played, perhaps you could claim some sort of logic.

In fairness, it's well documented now that the virus spreads much more inside with no ventilation. No other workplace in the land is allowed that many people in a room that size right now and everyone playing at grassroots level before the lockdown had limits on numbers of people in changing rooms at the same time. There's a big difference between 20-30 minutes in a packed changing room and brief encounters at a corner/free kick

21 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

There was definitely a police cop out here, as the official response to the fans gathering was: “social distancing was observed” yeh right!

22 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

surely not our well loved Auntie ??

19 hours ago, MarcusX said:

In fairness, it's well documented now that the virus spreads much more inside with no ventilation. No other workplace in the land is allowed that many people in a room that size right now and everyone playing at grassroots level before the lockdown had limits on numbers of people in changing rooms at the same time. There's a big difference between 20-30 minutes in a packed changing room and brief encounters at a corner/free kick

Of course, all correct and valid points, but wouldn't everyone of the people in that dressing room have returned negative covid tests, shortly before the game, in order to participate...?

On 11/01/2021 at 10:21, Moments of Pleasure said:

What about flobbing? Way too much flobbing going on, fer me. Bang average, overweight Marine and Chorley parks munters flobbing on the B bloody BC, fer fs! 

Educate, entertain and flob, I think not

I’ve had a bit of a morning and this actually made me laugh?

Archived