IGNORED

Chorley players

Redandproud

9 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Of course, all correct and valid points, but wouldn't everyone of the people in that dressing room have returned negative covid tests, shortly before the game, in order to participate...?

You’re not wrong, but how soon before the game. I genuinely don’t know but I am guessing they’d have to get tested a couple of days before to insure results arrive back in time? Again an assumption that they use PCR testing and they go off to the same labs as us? I hope they aren’t using the questionable lateral flow tests.

Assuming the whole squad didn’t bubble up and live in one house after administering the test I’m not sure that provides any guarantee? I think the regular testing helps, but it also gives a false sense of security - as they say a negative test only means you didn’t have it at that moment, one of the players or their family could have gone to the shops the same day and caught the virus.

14 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

You’re not wrong, but how soon before the game. I genuinely don’t know but I am guessing they’d have to get tested a couple of days before to insure results arrive back in time? Again an assumption that they use PCR testing and they go off to the same labs as us? I hope they aren’t using the questionable lateral flow tests.

Assuming the whole squad didn’t bubble up and live in one house after administering the test I’m not sure that provides any guarantee? I think the regular testing helps, but it also gives a false sense of security - as they say a negative test only means you didn’t have it at that moment, one of the players or their family could have gone to the shops the same day and caught the virus.

Yes of course. 

I don't know which tests are used in football. 

NHS staff are issued the almost instant result tests, to test themselves twice a week, so I presume they are reasonably dependable, seeing as they are in the front line. 

I suppose I'd assumed that the tests were done at the point of players going into. A pre match bubble, but I don't know if that is the case. 

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

Yes of course. 

I don't know which tests are used in football. 

NHS staff are issued the almost instant result tests, to test themselves twice a week, so I presume they are reasonably dependable, seeing as they are in the front line. 

I suppose I'd assumed that the tests were done at the point of players going into. A pre match bubble, but I don't know if that is the case. 

I’ll accept I’ve made a lot of assumptions so I could be well off the mark and will hold my hands up if I am.

Just now, MarcusX said:

I’ll accept I’ve made a lot of assumptions so I could be well off the mark and will hold my hands up if I am.

I've just been reading about the Brentford game being postponed again... It says city's squad tests, done this morning, all returned negative results, so it seems to answer the question of getting almost immediate results back from the tests used in football. 

Archived