IGNORED

Celtic... happy days!

formerly known as ivan

So glad they are being forced to go ahead with their game tonight despite their management team and 14 players having to self isolate after the unnecessary training trip abroad.

They, along with other clubs, are a very good example of why ‘elite’ sport, in particular football, should be suspended during this lockdown.

13 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

So glad they are being forced to go ahead with their game tonight despite their management team and 14 players having to self isolate after the unnecessary training trip abroad.

They, along with other clubs, are a very good example of why ‘elite’ sport, in particular football, should be suspended during this lockdown.

Why ‘in particular football’?

Although their training camp trip to Dubai (!) was within the guidelines at the time it was hardly within the spirit of the guidelines.

I understand they did have an aircraft chartered just for them and separate hotel space etc  but I’m not convinced they really needed to go to Dubai to train - Arbroath at this time of year can be nice....?

2 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

Although their training camp trip to Dubai (!) was within the guidelines at the time it was hardly within the spirit of the guidelines.

I understand they did have an aircraft chartered just for them and separate hotel space etc  but I’m not convinced they really needed to go to Dubai to train - Arbroath at this time of year can be nice....?

Exactly. It was clearly a trip away to enjoy some sunshine. Something I think all of us would love to do, but can't. But they did, under the guise of 'elite sport'. 

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Celtic and elite sport in the ssme sentence ?

50 minutes ago, phantom said:

I take your point, but going on the number of male and female footballers that have dashed out to Dubai, and the number of players attending parties there is a real problem around football

Agreed but you only have to look at Rugby as well as football to know that Covid will spread like wildfire in any team environment. Was it Sale or Harlequins who had 15 positive cases? Were they all on the piss?

I take the point that football (or more specifically many footballers) is not doing enough to help itself. Celtic’s trip to Dubai being an obvious act of total stupidity and disregard for common sense. Same with the cup celebrations on Saturday and Sunday. With the media crawling round football as it does it’s like feeding yourself to a lion.

1 hour ago, walnutroof said:

Dubai has been removed from Scotland’s travel corridor list which means it’ll come off ours soon as Nicola acts and we follow, so watch everyone desperately trying to get back again 

And there we have it, Nicola does something and we follow 

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-quarantine-rules-travellers-arriving-from-uae-must-self-isolate-from-tomorrow-12185396

Archived