IGNORED

Lyle Taylor

spudski

2 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

What I love about threads like this and many in the politics forum is the same people are all over these threads getting so upset about something that doesn't impact their lives at all.

No doubt a few more of the usual suspects will be hear as soon as they get the chance to spout their nonsense to a new audience. 

It's not worth debating with any of them they are apparently correct on Brexit, Corbyn, Starmer, Covid, Anti Boris etc etc

Brexit has affected my life (no more unlimited wine from france) :sad26:Boris after he was elected prime Minister  an American took the piss out of Me in the airport weak response back from me yeah you might of trumped me there.

36 minutes ago, spudski said:

No...to take a political group out of the equation.

The problem is the new group would soon be discredited in some tenuous way and people like you will latch onto it.

Theres nothing wrong with BLM.

It’s only a political group in the eyes of those who are looking for a reason to oppose it. If that reason wasn’t there, they’d find another.

1 minute ago, lenred said:

To repeat yet again, it’s not political where football is concerned.  To repeat yet again, everyone knows that. That’s the end of the argument for me. 

I'm not looking to argue...the fact is...everyone doesn't agree with your sentiment. Hence why people don't want to be associated with it. Sky wouldn't stop wearing the lapel badges if it was just a slogan. Presenters and players wouldn't choose to distance themselves if it was just a slogan.

Your statement of 'everyone' is wrong...because facts prove that people disagree, whether you agree or not.

11 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

What I love about threads like this and many in the politics forum is the same people are all over these threads getting so upset about something that doesn't impact their lives at all.

What does this even mean?

Do you only care about things that directly affect your own life? I feel very sorry for you if so.

1 minute ago, spudski said:

I'm not looking to argue...the fact is...everyone doesn't agree with your sentiment. Hence why people don't want to be associated with it. Sky wouldn't stop wearing the lapel badges if it was just a slogan. Presenters and players wouldn't choose to distance themselves if it was just a slogan.

Your statement of 'everyone' is wrong...because facts prove that people disagree, whether you agree or not.

Yes I’m very much aware that some people with incredibly archaic views (being very generous) disagree with the statement that Black Lives Matter and want to twist it into something that it’s not to protect their shameful views. An incredibly sad state of affairs but unfortunately true. 

12 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

It's not worth debating with any of them they are apparently correct on Brexit being wrong, pro Corbyn, pro Starmer, anti Covid, Anti Boris etc etc

Yes the pro Brexit, anti Corbyn, pro Boris crowd are famously well up for reasoned debate. 
Let’s face it if someone feels strongly about a topic if they are fixed on their view point, whatever it may be, they aren’t going to change their views based on strangers on a football forum. 

13 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

No doubt a few more of the usual suspects will be here as soon as they get the chance to spout their nonsense to a new audience. But the best one's are their friends who conveniently only pop up to back up these people.

It's not worth debating with any of them they are apparently correct on Brexit being wrong, pro Corbyn, pro Starmer, anti Covid, Anti Boris etc etc

So let’s say it how it is then. You only care about things that directly impact your life.  That’s your choice and you can act how you want but to criticise others for caring about lives other than their own is bizarre to me. 

If a son or daughter of yours was affected I wonder if you’d care then 

1 minute ago, Herta said:

The problem is the new group would soon be discredited in some tenuous way and people like you will latch onto it.

Theres nothing wrong with BLM.

It’s only a political group in the eyes of those who are looking for a reason to oppose it. If that reason wasn’t there, they’d find another.

I apose all politics in sport. 

What I find very evident in this thread, is that those who support BLM seem to call anyone who apposes it a racist or thick, name calling...or 'people like you'. 

Astonishing...it's the type of attitude as humans we are trying to stamp out.

Debate...not accusation or name calling.

People who do that just discredit themselves and what they support.

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

Yes I’m very much aware that some people with incredibly archaic views (being very generous) disagree with the statement that Black Lives Matter and want to twist it into something that it’s not to protect their shameful views. An incredibly sad state of affairs but unfortunately true. 

So it's shameful to support anti racism and no politics in sport?

Sorry... we'll have to agree to disagree. 

I say no to racism...and no to politics in sport. If you find that a problem I'm at a loss.

6 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

What does this even mean?

Do you only care about things that directly affect your own life? I feel very sorry for you if so.

1 minute ago, Dredd said:

Yes the pro Brexit, anti Corbyn, pro Boris crowd are famously well up for reasoned debate. 
Let’s face it if someone feels strongly about a topic if they are fixed on their view point, whatever it may be, they aren’t going to change their views based on strangers on a football forum. 

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

So let’s say it how it is then. You only care about things that directly impact your life.  That’s your choice and you can act how you want but to criticise others for caring about lives other than their own is bizarre to me. 

If a son or daughter of yours was affected I wonder if you’d care then 

The pied piper is playing, the first of them have arrived. 

Out of interest do you spend your life looking out the window getting involved in other peoples business outside your house.

Pathetic people, getting offended by something that has nothing to do with them.

But Lyle on the other hand is primed for an opinion, but because he disagrees with our very own Brady bunch his opinion isn't listened to

21 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Everyone knows the real oppressed people are gammons who have to deal with something being "shoved down their throats" by watching a group of blokes kneel for 8 seconds once a week or so.

Just like covid conspiracy nuts are now all of a sudden obsessed with mental health and mask pollution, the people mentioned above are now suddenly huge fans of Kick It Out as well.

And for the record, politics has ALWAYS been in sport, there are many many examples through history - to say otherwise is laughable.

Well i must be a Gammon 65 years old,white male,is that the criteria ? i feel the likes of you keep shoving it down my throat.

I still work in a supermarket with people from Asiain Carbbean  and eastern Europe. Were all on the same near minimum wage getting on with life shit as it is and trying to have a laugh as we try to get by.

People i work with would laugh at all you defenders of the faith sat on your laptops putting the world to right.

Just now, spudski said:

I say no to racism...and no to politics in sport. If you find that a problem I'm at a loss.

You are right, pop over to the politics forum, it's full of people like this

Just now, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Out of interest do you spend your life looking out the window getting involved in other peoples business outside your house.

Pathetic people, getting offended by something that has nothing to do with them.

But Lyle on the other hand is primed for an opinion, but because he disagrees with our very own Brady bunch his opinion isn't listened to

Ah yes you're the puppetmaster, haha!

Yeah of course I get involved in other people's business outside my house. It'd be a pretty sad world if nobody did that don't you think?

If I saw someone getting picked on, I'd probably intervene. If I saw someone that needed help, I'd try and help. Wouldn't you?

As I said, if you think that's pathetic I feel very sorry for you.

And why do you care if Lyle's opinion is heard - isn't that business outside your house you're getting involved in? Oh the irony.

1 minute ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Not sure what you are on about.  I’ve not slagged off Lyle Taylor. I respect his reasons and opinions

How do you know what affects my life or not? Have I ever mentioned my race, sexuality or personal circumstances?  Maybe my family are affected. 

Not sure why you get offended by people for being more caring than you 

4 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Well i must be a Gammon 65 years old,white male,is that the criteria ? i feel the likes of you keep shoving it down my throat.

I still work in a supermarket with people from Asiain Carbbean  and eastern Europe. Were all on the same near minimum wage getting on with life shit as it is and trying to have a laugh as we try to get by.

People i work with would laugh at all you defenders of the faith sat on your laptops putting the world to right.

Just like we laugh at you sat on your laptop doing the same thing then I guess! We can't go argue in the pub at the moment so this is the best we've got I'm afraid.

1 minute ago, IAmNick said:

Ah yes you're the puppetmaster, haha!

Yeah of course I get involved in other people's business outside my house. It'd be a pretty sad world if nobody did that don't you think?

If I saw someone getting picked on, I'd probably intervene. If I saw someone that needed help, I'd try and help. Wouldn't you?

As I said, if you think that's pathetic I feel very sorry for you.

And why do you care if Lyle's opinion is heard - isn't that business outside your house you're getting involved in? Oh the irony.

Twisted the original point that was made.

Another trait often seen

1 minute ago, spudski said:

If you choose to believe that the 80% of footballers supporting taking the knee are doing so to support the BLM political movement then that is your prerogative, you know those massively far left wing political figures like Harry Kane who was a key spokesman about it, then there’s no need for you to be ‘at a loss’ - it’s completely up to you.   

1 minute ago, lenred said:

If you choose to believe that the 80% of footballers supporting taking the knee are doing so to support the BLM political movement then that is your prerogative, you know those massively far left wing political figures like Harry Kane who was a key spokesman about it, then there’s no need for you to be ‘at a loss’ - it’s completely up to you.   

I've not said that. 

You're reasoning seems to be that if BLM was stopped in sport, it would appease the racists. Is that the only reason you wouldn't want it stopped?

Because I'm all for anti racist slogans and support. Just a different one, that regardless of what you think, to the one that has its roots from a political group.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

I've not said that. 

You're reasoning seems to be that if BLM was stopped in sport, it would appease the racists. Is that the only reason you wouldn't want it stopped?

Because I'm all for anti racist slogans and support. Just a different one, that regardless of what you think, to the one that has its roots from a political group.

I actually get what you mean, and maybe in an ideal world we'd have another slogan / phrase without the affiliation.

But we don't live an ideal world, and this is the phrase we've got that's gaining some real traction and putting attention on these issues (that we all care about) and might actually make some headway - so I'm happy to broadly support it regardless.

I don't think binning BLM and trying to start yet another one, but manufactured this time is going to help anything personally.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

I've not said that. 

You have said that.  You've said it’s a political statement and should therefore be changed and I’ve argued that in a football context it very much is not. That’s the long and short of it. Your POV is your prerogative.  I don’t have to agree with it and I don’t.  

Admin can we move to political, Again...

This is for football chat!

Anything BLM is political, they say so themselves.

On the whole, I think this is what people get mildly annoyed about. Football is supposed to be our escape, politics shouldn't be represented in any form. Left, right,up or down.

I agree some (mindless few whom you are wasting your time trying to teach) are just anti equality but most just want our escape to remain as such. 

3 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I actually get what you mean, and maybe in an ideal world we'd have another slogan / phrase without the affiliation.

But we don't live an ideal world, and this is the phrase we've got that's gaining some real traction and putting attention on these issues (that we all care about) and might actually make some headway - so I'm happy to broadly support it regardless.

I don't think binning BLM and trying to start yet another one, but manufactured this time is going to help anything personally.

I think there would be benefit, because there would be absolutely no link with politics...however insignificant some think it is.

That for me is the issue...and unfortunately it's becoming more and more evident in this thread ( forgive me I don't frequent the politics forum) 

Anti Racism should be a world wide feeling with no political leanings.

Regardless of what party or political view people stick their name too...it should have no influence on the plain fact that racism is wrong.

Political views shouldn't cloud racism, whether your left, right or centre.

Racism is wrong full stop. Politics whether small or big, or slogan derived from, shouldn't be in sport.

That way everyone is appeased and only racists can be called out.

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

You have said that.  You've said it’s a political statement and should therefore be changed and I’ve argued that in a football context it very much is not. That’s the long and short of it. Your POV is your prerogative.  I don’t have to agree with it and I don’t.  

Fair enough, that's your opinion, we can agree to disagree.

THIS WILL UPSET THE APPLE CART BUT IM GETTING FED UP OF THE FEEL SORRY FOR ME STORIES AND IF YOUR WHITE AND YOU DONT AGREE THEN YOU MUST BE RACIST OR RIGHT WING WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOX THE ONLY KNEE I WILL TAKE IS FOR THE QUEEN OR THE NEXT CITY MANAGER TO GET US TO THE PROMISE LAND KNOW MATTER WHAT BLOODY COLOUR HE IS

The wall to wall hypocrisy that we are being drowned in today from the world globalist media is nothing short of stunning.

A Black man dies  while being arrested and the Leftwing extremists riot, murdering police officers and members of the public while rampaging through America cities leaving devastation fire and dead bodies in their wake.

According to corporate mass media, Black Lives Matter riots and violence are actually “peaceful protests.”

Virtue signallers the world over pay tribute … why? Because they’re Black!

A White girl is gunned down by police while actually ‘ protesting in the senate and Trump supporters are condemned as rioters.

There is no mention of the slaying of Ashley Babbitt . Instead, there was only condemnation of what was overwhelmingly a huge  protest

OH AND LETS NOT FORGET ALL THE BLM PROTEST WITH COVID IN THE AIR WHICH NO ONES SEEMS TO MENTION

RANT OVER

Archived