IGNORED

Lyle Taylor

spudski

22 minutes ago, big dosser said:

THIS WILL UPSET THE APPLE CART BUT IM GETTING FED UP OF THE FEEL SORRY FOR ME STORIES AND IF YOUR WHITE AND YOU DONT AGREE THEN YOU MUST BE RACIST OR RIGHT WING WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOX THE ONLY KNEE I WILL TAKE IS FOR THE QUEEN OR THE NEXT CITY MANAGER TO GET US TO THE PROMISE LAND KNOW MATTER WHAT BLOODY COLOUR HE IS

The wall to wall hypocrisy that we are being drowned in today from the world globalist media is nothing short of stunning.

A Black man dies  while being arrested and the Leftwing extremists riot, murdering police officers and members of the public while rampaging through America cities leaving devastation fire and dead bodies in their wake.

According to corporate mass media, Black Lives Matter riots and violence are actually “peaceful protests.”

Virtue signallers the world over pay tribute … why? Because they’re Black!

A White girl is gunned down by police while actually ‘ protesting in the senate and Trump supporters are condemned as rioters.

There is no mention of the slaying of Ashley Babbitt . Instead, there was only condemnation of what was overwhelmingly a huge  protest

OH AND LETS NOT FORGET ALL THE BLM PROTEST WITH COVID IN THE AIR WHICH NO ONES SEEMS TO MENTION

RANT OVER

The capital letters and the bold writing really helped you get the point across.

25 minutes ago, big dosser said:

THIS WILL UPSET THE APPLE CART BUT IM GETTING FED UP OF THE FEEL SORRY FOR ME STORIES AND IF YOUR WHITE AND YOU DONT AGREE THEN YOU MUST BE RACIST OR RIGHT WING WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOX THE ONLY KNEE I WILL TAKE IS FOR THE QUEEN OR THE NEXT CITY MANAGER TO GET US TO THE PROMISE LAND KNOW MATTER WHAT BLOODY COLOUR HE IS

The wall to wall hypocrisy that we are being drowned in today from the world globalist media is nothing short of stunning.

A Black man dies  while being arrested and the Leftwing extremists riot, murdering police officers and members of the public while rampaging through America cities leaving devastation fire and dead bodies in their wake.

According to corporate mass media, Black Lives Matter riots and violence are actually “peaceful protests.”

A White girl is gunned down by police while actually ‘ protesting in the senate and Trump supporters are condemned as rioters.

There is no mention of the slaying of Ashley Babbitt . Instead, there was only condemnation of what was overwhelmingly a huge  protest

OH AND LETS NOT FORGET ALL THE BLM PROTEST WITH COVID IN THE AIR WHICH NO ONES SEEMS TO MENTION

RANT OVER

Literally broke into a government building, while the entirety of the American congress was there, through the doors and windows after building a gallows outside, while armed. So yes they were rioters. If you don’t think it deserves the condemnation it’s got then I’ve got nothing for you. 

Ashley Babbitt broke into a federal building illegally, and got shot while trying to climb through the window of the Congressional Hall that was locked and barricaded. I’d expect that to happen in the UK if she broke into parliament let alone in a country where everyone and his dog is armed. 

51 minutes ago, big dosser said:

RANT OVER

Once upon a time, an unhinged man wrote something on the internet. The end. 

6 hours ago, big dosser said:

RANT OVER

Ashley Babbitt was a rioter who broke into a federal building - she was dealt with accordingly. Please don’t try and tell me she wasn’t in the wrong she got shot dead just like any black , white , hispanic or any other race of individual would if they broke into the Capitol as part of a rioting mob.

8 hours ago, big dosser said:

Babbitt broke into a federal building and threatened law enforcement officers to such an extent they shot her. I note no sympathy expressed for the dead police officer, killed by a protestor.

Honestly, some of the responses to this thread make me shudder with fear.

There was a white man in the US who died in exactly the same way as George Floyd a few years before. Without using Google, could anyone tell me his name? This was a story after the George Floyd killing whereby the family of the white man wanted to know why no justice was ever served on the officer that killed their son, and the answer is no rioted over it or launched a campaign against it. What is the difference?

I’m not saying white supremacy doesn’t exist in some areas, and it is quite clear racism exists, but what I am saying is I have never evidently witnessed it. I know as many white people living in poverty as black or Asian. I have never given someone a job because of ethnicity and have employed people from all types of backgrounds.

What annoys me if that nowadays I am seen as racist for not letting the colour of someone’s skin affect my opinion on them. Apparently not being racist ‘is not enough’?!

22 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

There was a white man in the US who died in exactly the same way as George Floyd a few years before. Without using Google, could anyone tell me his name? This was a story after the George Floyd killing whereby the family of the white man wanted to know why no justice was ever served on the officer that killed their son, and the answer is no rioted over it or launched a campaign against it. What is the difference?

GEORGE FLOYD MURDER WAS THE STRAW THAT BROKE THE CAMELS BACK

I’m not saying white supremacy doesn’t exist in some areas, and it is quite clear racism exists, but what I am saying is I have never evidently witnessed it. I know as many white people living in poverty as black or Asian. I have never given someone a job because of ethnicity and have employed people from all types of backgrounds.

GOOD. 

What annoys me if that nowadays I am seen as racist for not letting the colour of someone’s skin affect my opinion on them. Apparently not being racist ‘is not enough’?!

NOT BEING RACIST IS ENOUGH. IF YOU ARENT THEN WELL DONE

This thread reminds me why I've never visited the politics forum (or what ever it's called) section on OTIB. Not that racial prejudice or the opposition to it have anything to do with politics, but hey ho. 

There are lots of really good posters on here whose opinions and views on football I value and admire. It would be so disappointing to discover any of these people are blinkered, bigoted ignoramuses. I'd rather not know.

2 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

This thread reminds me why I've never visited the politics forum (or what ever it's called) section on OTIB. Not that racial prejudice or the opposition to it have anything to do with politics, but hey ho. 

There are lots of really good posters on here whose opinions and views on football I value and admire. It would be so disappointing to discover any of these people are blinkered, bigoted ignoramuses. I'd rather not know.

You are so right @City Rocker It is like a little boys club over there, there are a few posters that are so self obsessed with their views that they talk more and more rubbish.

I expect most of them are tucked up in their bedroom with their parents downstairs

The best thing is how those people offer nothing on the football side of the forum

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

Agreed. Mods, please move this. Or delete, it's getting pretty nasty

its not getting nasty just a bit tasty, we all have different views and opinions but im not going to chuck the toys out the pram because we disagree i respect everyone's opinion agree or not

2 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

The difference is likely the frequency that it happens. 

It disproportionately happens to black people in America (note, all killings by police when trying to arrest someone who is complying with them are wrong).

But the numbers show black people are killed far more often by the police in America.

36 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

It disproportionately happens to black people in America (note, all killings by police when trying to arrest someone who is complying with them are wrong).

But the numbers show black people are killed far more often by the police in America.

Any comment on David Dorn at all by those BLM protests? A Black police officer murdered by the looters. Nope, not a thing... 

It is either you are with us or you are racist regardless of whether you are white or black with a lot of these BLM riots.

Like how Micah Richards was hammered on social media, like how QPR were hammered, like how John Barnes was. It's a political aim to disrupt and I am under no illusion that the riots in DC were a disgrace, as well.

41 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Unless you have spent any significant time in the states or have family there that have experienced it FIRST HAND us Brits really haven’t a clue what it is like as a non-white in America. I wish bigoted ignorant British people would stop commenting from the comfort if their suburban British home on a  the subject they clearly do not have a clue about.

Its war on the streets in the inner cities over there people - trust me.

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

You are so right @City Rocker It is like a little boys club over there, there are a few posters that are so self obsessed with their views that they talk more and more rubbish.

I expect most of them are tucked up in their bedroom with their parents downstairs

The best thing is how those people offer nothing on the football side of the forum

Err the accepted boring insult is actually that people are in their parents basements, not that they're upstairs. Lazy!

37 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

I’m not disagreeing with you but can you please post the evidence of this , keep seeing it pop up 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/
Black/African Americans are just 13.4% of the population, from the 2019 census.

Whites over 60%.

So with 4x less black people the numbers of them shot to death by police are roughly half as many as they are for white people, meaning it is 2x more likely to happen to a black person.

The precise numbers would actually be more skewed to a higher rate. (60.1/13.4 gives 4.485..., so 4.49x (at 3 significant figures) more white people than black people. 4 year average of 414.5 white people killed by police, 4 year average of 223.25 black people killed. 223.25/414.5 0.5386... so 0.539 at 3 s.f. 0.539x4.49 is 2.42011. Making the deaths of black people at the hands of police 2.42011 times more likely when you account for their total make up of the population).

50 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Any comment on David Dorn at all by those BLM protests? A Black police officer murdered by the looters. Nope, not a thing... 

It is either you are with us or you are racist regardless of whether you are white or black with a lot of these BLM riots.

Like how Micah Richards was hammered on social media, like how QPR were hammered, like how John Barnes was. It's a political aim to disrupt and I am under no illusion that the riots in DC were a disgrace, as well.

none of that is relevant to what I said.

No police should have been killed by protesters, whether by BLM or by the insane Trumpists. You're trying to make an argument that you do not have.

Does this help?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

This may be a carp source and/or I may be reading it wrongly altogether.

However, if it's accurate, it shows that while more white people than black people are killed by the police in the USA, the death rate (ie deaths per million of the population) is much higher for black people than it is for white people or hispanic people or asian people.

(Apols - took too long writing this and it's been posted!!)

6 minutes ago, Sir Leigh of Somerset said:

Does this help?

This may be a carp source and/or I may be reading it wrongly altogether.

However, if it's accurate, it shows that while more white people than black people are killed by the police in the USA, the death rate (ie deaths per million of the population) is much higher for black people than it is for white people or hispanic people or asian people.

(Apols - took too long writing this and it's been posted!!)

not the only source either, there is also
https://www.pnas.org/content/116/34/16793

Notable lines 

Our results show that people of color face a higher likelihood of being killed by police than do white men and women, that risk peaks in young adulthood, and that men of color face a nontrivial lifetime risk of being killed by police.

Black men are about 2.5 times more likely to be killed by police over the life course than are white men. Black women are about 1.4 times more likely to be killed by police than are white women. 

(the numbers for black men being very close to what I worked out above).

Among all groups, black men and boys face the highest lifetime risk of being killed by police.

and https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6080222/

Victims were majority white (52%) but disproportionately black (32%) with a fatality rate 2.8 times higher among blacks than whites. Most victims were reported to be armed (83%); however, black victims were more likely to be unarmed (14.8%) than white (9.4%) or Hispanic (5.8%) victims.

Victims were predominantly male (96.1%) with a mean age of 36.7 years. Although a majority were white, black victims were over-represented (32.4%) relative to the U.S. population.f36 Blacks had 2.8 times the rate of legal intervention death compared with whites; 

The numbers here slightly higher than I had worked out, but I believe from slightly older data.

Black victims were significantly more likely to be unarmed than white or Hispanic victims. Black victims were also significantly less likely than whites to have posed an immediate threat to LE. (Law Enforcement)

Another interesting line

In most cases, at least one involved officer was white (84.3%), with fewer cases involving a black officer (13.6%) or an officer of another race/ethnicity.

16 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

I vow not to argue on otib and I won’t but I have to bite here. Especially when you can that casually call people of colour ‘blacks’. 

Please share your evidence that BLM support ‘black supremacy’. 

That is really interesting. I recently used the "people of colour" phrase thinking this was correct, only to be told of by a friend of my kids (who with Caribbean heritage should know) that this was insulting and I should use the term black ??

I can't keep up. I just don't understand why it is wrong to say "all lives matter"

Archived