IGNORED

Brentford v Bristol City postponed... Again!

The Journalist

2 hours ago, Lrrr said:

I think it will be moved to one country, quite possibly here depending how our vaccination process goes. Each group plays in 1 city/stadium and train at club/university facilities nearby. Stadium requirements for capacity etc wouldn't need apply being behind closed doors.

It wont be moved and will go ahead as planned same grounds... same dates... same times.... 

At the moment the only people /fans that will be allowed in (as it stands today) will be from the sponsors and tickets that the sponsors have given out to there customers / partners / staff and given as competition prizes.  This is being monitored and depending on the Country and Covid lockdowns may change as the months go by.  That said UEFA only need the fans for visual effect and not for the revenue. Fans with ticket sales and merchandising only make 10% of the tournament profit - just like the premier league TV revenue accounts for 90% of money generated per club. 

Tables appear to have turned then! I did wonder at the time why a) Their team and bench were so unfamiliar Saturday even accounting for FA Cup rotation and b) Why they only named 5 subs.

That aside, a few observations. If there is any suspension of elite sport it may render it all pointless but anyway.

1) Brentford will now be investigated as per the regulation/procedure.

2) I suspect this will NOT negate investigation into us. More likely that they will be two separate cases, stand alone, but that might run concurrently. Mind you the EFL surely have loads to get through, especially of late.

3) Two separate cases would be judged on their own merits I think.

4) From an EFL fixture integrity POV, what I suspect they would consider makes most sense would be to look to reschedule in order of postponement.

Covid notwithstanding, and FA Cup ties again notwithstanding, if both us and Brentford are scheduled to play on 23rd January in FA Cup, then Tuesday 26th would be the most logical date.

6 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

They'll just play 'double fixtures' of 1 hour duration each, like we used to in the suburban league.

And usually on an evening straight after work...when the pitches always seemed to be rock hard late in April.

26 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

And usually on an evening straight after work...when the pitches always seemed to be rock hard late in April.

Remember the double-headers where you bunged the ref a fiver, played one game, yet miraculously the score was the same in the results you sent in ???

6 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I must admit I was amazed a private testing facility was closed on NYD. It's too easy to check for them to have made it up just to get the game off, but it does seem odd.

As for the speed , as I said I saw that a guy had flown into somewhere (I forget where I saw it ) but he said he was tested, waited 20 minutes and was given the all clear to carry on his journey. There are a few Labs/Clinic/Private hospitals around Bristol, wouldn't take too much (in theory) to set up a courier for the regular trip to the test centre, results could be phoned back pretty sharpish.

It was a news report where the reporter flew into Italy 

Huddersfield at home that coming week would be the most logical tbh, but I'm also thinking- no Conspiracy theories involved for once ;) but thinking that the EFL might also from a fixture integrity POV want to get as many games as possible in for as many sides as possible as quickly as possible just in case there is a suspension- and games to fall in the order of schedule, which would make Brentford away followed the next week by Huddersfield at home.

Imagine the last automatic promotion place being settled by PPG with uneven games played in a worst case scenario? They definitely would want to even up games as far as possible IMO.

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Huddersfield at home that coming week would be the most logical tbh, but I'm also thinking- no Conspiracy theories involved for once ;) but thinking that the EFL might also from a fixture integrity POV want to get as many games as possible in for as many sides as possible as quickly as possible just in case there is a suspension- and games to fall in the order of schedule, which would make Brentford away followed the next week by Huddersfield at home.

Imagine the last automatic promotion place being settled by PPG with uneven games played in a worst case scenario? They definitely would want to even up games as far as possible IMO.

The way things are going in the EFL, all Divisions will have achieved herd immunity by the time the EFL are forced into making a decision.

Archived