IGNORED

Scott Parker

The Bard

The Fulham manager thinks it is 'scandalous' that his poor, downtrodden collection of feckless millionaires have only been given 2 days and a bit to get ready to play a game of football far, far away from Fulham in North London.

It always ceases to amaze me the complete lack of a sense of perspective from some people in football.  

A scandal Scott is when something bad actually happens, probably as a result of corruption or negligence.  For example the Government spending £12 billion on a shitty Test and Trace system as supplied by their cronies.  

He does have a point though, schedules for players are meticulously planned for gym, nutrition, injury prevention and rest etc. On 48 hours notice they’ve been told they’re playing, people will throw out the ‘boo hoo poor millionaires comments’ etc but it is ridiculously short notice for preparing for a game. They said the first they heard of it was Saturday and it’s only been organised because of Tottenham’s game with Villa being postponed. So either way Tottenham knew they had a game and their schedule set for such, Fulham had planned for 6 days rest for the players which probably also influenced team selection on the weekend. 

10 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

He does have a point though, schedules for players are meticulously planned for gym, nutrition, injury prevention and rest etc. On 48 hours notice they’ve been told they’re playing, people will throw out the ‘boo hoo poor millionaires comments’ etc but it is ridiculously short notice for preparing for a game. They said the first they heard of it was Saturday and it’s only been organised because of Tottenham’s game with Villa being postponed. So either way Tottenham knew they had a game and their schedule set for such, Fulham had planned for 6 days rest for the players which probably also influenced team selection on the weekend. 

I never get the ‘millionaire’ bit that gets thrown at players 

They are not robots and will still get tired 

• Admin

On the basis they have not had the time to set up the side in preparation for Spurs he has a point, but this is equally a problem for Spurs.

Jose is wrong to compare this to the lack of notice for a late postponement that was nothing more than a slight inconvenience 

43 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

You are correct that they heard about the possibility on Saturday, but took it with a pinch of salt as they thought it wasn’t viable, it actually got confirmed Monday morning! You are correct, the millionaire thing gets banded around in a lot of arguments, that in reality, it’s got nothing to do with what they earn. I think it’s an easy slur & possibly a bit of jealousy in some cases. Jose is correct, everyone has to play everyone, but you can bet your bottom dollar that if it was his team struggling & he was playing a good team, he wouldn’t be so keen to play! Ultimately teams looking after their selves. COYR 

I completely agree with him. Outrageous they’ve asked them to play with such little notice. There’s not only huge amounts of money riding on Fulham staying in the premier league but also his job, career and reputation. The fact players in the squad may be millionaires is completely irrelevant. 

8 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

I completely agree with him. Outrageous they’ve asked them to play with such little notice. There’s not only huge amounts of money riding on Fulham staying in the premier league but also his job, career and reputation. The fact players in the squad may be millionaires is completely irrelevant. 

Jesus - Two full days notice to iron the shorts and plan the trip to......err London. However will poor Scotty manage?

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

The Fulham manager thinks it is 'scandalous' that his poor, downtrodden collection of feckless millionaires have only been given 2 days and a bit to get ready to play a game of football far, far away from Fulham in North London.

It always ceases to amaze me the complete lack of a sense of perspective from some people in football.  

A scandal Scott is when something bad actually happens, probably as a result of corruption or negligence.  For example the Government spending £12 billion on a shitty Test and Trace system as supplied by their cronies.  

Or his players not abiding by the covid rules!

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

I never get the ‘millionaire’ bit that gets thrown at players 

They are not robots and will still get tired 

They could try retraining and work in a hospital or a school? They would be a lot more tired and a lot poorer!

5 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Millionaires not important. Fine.

Calling the rescheduling of a football game postponed due to his players' negligence as a scandal is an absolute disgrace.  

I doubt that Deano would be too pleased to be given just 72 hours to prepare for an unplanned league game.

I guess not many City fans would be either.

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I doubt that Deano would be too pleased to be given just 72 hours to prepare for an unplanned league game.

I guess not many City fans would be either.

So what. They need to suck it up. It's a game of ******* football not a complicated surgical operation. 

26 minutes ago, The Bard said:

So what. They need to suck it up. It's a game of ******* football not a complicated surgical operation. 

It ain’t that simple Bard.

You, me and pretty much every football fans knows how valuable staying the PL is financially and for one of the lower team, Fulham points are especially crucial. Lots of analysis and planning goes into each upcoming match and to given just 72 hours to prepare for a previously unplanned game is ludicrous.

Parker has every right to whinge about it.

35 minutes ago, Midred said:

They could try retraining and work in a hospital or a school? They would be a lot more tired and a lot poorer!

That’s Completely irrelevant - they are 2 completely different professions, I’m unsure why footballers and nurses are constantly in the same conversation 

3 minutes ago, Rob k said:

That’s Completely irrelevant - they are 2 completely different professions, I’m unsure why footballers and nurses are constantly in the same conversation 

Just trying to put it in perspective - working hours, energy levels, rewards?

2 hours ago, The Bard said:

It always ceases to amaze me how people can’t understand the physicality of a busy schedule and the importance of proper recovery.

Their salary has naff all to do with it either.

10 minutes ago, Midred said:

Just trying to put it in perspective - working hours, energy levels, rewards?

I get the sentiment but it’s just not the same. In an ideal world you wouldn’t put anyone through what NHS staff are going through if you could avoid it. 

This situation could have been avoided.

Or can we never complain about anything because someone else is always worse off?

I can’t understand why this is even given the time of day. The world is making sacrifices, if playing a football match at 56 hours notice is too greater sacrifice in an epidemic then the whole season should be finished for Fulham Football club and maybe the entire Premier League and beyond  

6 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I can’t understand why this is even given the time of day. The world is making sacrifices, if playing a football match at 56 hours notice is too greater sacrifice in an epidemic then the whole season should be finished for Fulham Football club and maybe the entire Premier League and beyond  

Post of the day, for me.

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

There is definitely an argument as to weather football should be being played i agree - however it’s being given the time of day as because weather we like it or not, football isn’t just football anymore, staying in the premier league is worth a minimum of 100m 

38 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

It always ceases to amaze me how people can’t understand the physicality of a busy schedule and the importance of proper recovery.

Their salary has naff all to do with it either.

I take this back (too late to edit?)

I thought from OP that they were playing again with 48 hours, they’re playing 4 days later that’s not that extreme. They may have had to change their plans but players have enough time to recover. Tottenham played Sunday so have one less day.

I shall read more before commenting next time!

Archived