IGNORED

Grimsby fined- suspended- over Covid

Mr Popodopolous

First team to be punished over Covid in England. 

Unclear if this sets a precedent given this is on a case by case basis.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55605876

Anyway they had 3 games postponed early season and have accepted a suspended fine.

£13,000 legal costs for EFL, and reasonable costs for the 3 clubs which were incurred due to postponements as well.

23 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

First team to be punished over Covid in England. 

Unclear if this sets a precedent given this is on a case by case basis.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55605876

Anyway they had 3 games postponed early season and have accepted a suspended fine.

£13,000 legal costs for EFL, and reasonable costs for the 3 clubs which were incurred due to postponements as well.

As long we aren’t holding an inter-club darts Championship which Ollie thought was a great idea during Covid for team bonding we should be ok.

17 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

As long we aren’t holding an inter-club darts Championship which Ollie thought was a great idea during Covid for team bonding we should be ok.

Ha, trust him, Hollowhead, to be at the centre of it.

Basic takeaway here is EFL can and will investigate, with referral to Independent Disciplinary Commission if appropriate.

Of course, there are possible agreed settlements between accuser and accused (EFL and club in question) that negate the need for that.

Different Governing bodies. That would be up to the Premier League with respect to say Aston Villa v Tottenham, or the FA in terms of FA Cup games.

Investigation sets a precedent in terms of legal principle. I think the only other one was Leyton Orient having to forfeit vs Tottenham.

If I am the supposedly 'excited' poster, hardly true. More the case that I'm not convinced we're out of the woods yet, if it's a small fine who cares. 

I can think of a few posters who should be aware our Investigation isn't yet done.

11 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

EPL, EFL, FA, PFA, UEFA, FIFA and more; arent there enough (hardly) elected bureaucrats meddling with our sport (sorry mega business thats too important to face any of the life restrictions 65m people are facing?

Its like joining the EU all over again 

You don’t half talk a load of shit

Archived