IGNORED

Burnley v man u

Rob k

Is anyone watching? 

How far back do the refs go won’t this VAR? The ref gave a free kick to Man U then watched the replay and took the ball back for a Burnley free kick 

also - that was a lovely header from McGuire, I’m sat here watching and wondering what the hell has happened to our simple game 

Just now, Super said:

Should have been a red for Shaw.

I don’t disagree but what are the VAR rules? Why was that looked at when the free kick was given for something completely different? Say Cavani had scored would it have been looked at? 

7 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Is anyone watching? 

How far back do the refs go won’t this VAR? The ref gave a free kick to Man U then watched the replay and took the ball back for a Burnley free kick 

also - that was a lovely header from McGuire, I’m sat here watching and wondering what the hell has happened to our simple game 

Not watching but from what I can gather Shaw incident was referred to VAR for potential red card then the Brady foul happened so to determine whether to look at Brady foul they have to look at Shaw’s to determine whether the ball should have still been live. 

Just now, Lrrr said:

Not watching but from what I can gather Shaw incident was referred to VAR then the Brady foul happened so to determine whether to look at Brady foul they have to look at Shaw’s to determine whether the ball should have still been live. 

Ok nice one, thanks 

I’m not a fan on VAR one bit, I’d rather it was how it was before 

Just now, Lrrr said:

Not watching but from what I can gather Shaw incident was referred to VAR then the Brady foul happened so to determine whether to look at Brady foul they have to look at Shaw’s to determine whether the ball should have still been live. 

Thought that was a very sensible decision and it would have been wrong to send Brady off given the ball shouldn't have been live. The Maguire goal shouldn't have been disallowed and it was amazing how quickly they managed to agree on that in comparison to the Shaw incident.

Final observation is Burnley had our pants down with the Brownhill and Wells transfers

2 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Thought that was a very sensible decision and it would have been wrong to send Brady off given the ball shouldn't have been live. The Maguire goal shouldn't have been disallowed and it was amazing how quickly they managed to agree on that in comparison to the Shaw incident.

Final observation is Burnley had our pants down with the Brownhill and Wells transfers

Shaw would have taken so long as it’s a case of deciding whether Shaw was out of control/excessive force etc and whether it should have been red 

3 hours ago, Barry Sheene said:

Can't agree on the Maguire goal once you put your hand on the defender back for leverage it's a foul

If an opposition player scored that type of goal at Ashton Gate we all want it disallowed.

And yet defenders are allowed to do it to strikers for 90 mins outside the box

18 hours ago, Super said:

Should have been a red for Shaw.

Why? Not trying to be argumentative, just curious why you would say that with such conviction.

Shaw came in hard, yes, but actually DID touch the ball before taking the lad out with his follow-through. His foot hit the lads shin with his studs showing, but he still got the ball first (although the pundits said he hadn't, it was clear he DID touch the ball from all the replays).

IMHO it deserved a yellow, not a red - which is what he got given. 

5 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Why? Not trying to be argumentative, just curious why you would say that with such conviction.

Shaw came in hard, yes, but actually DID touch the ball before taking the lad out with his follow-through. His foot hit the lads shin with his studs showing, but he still got the ball first (although the pundits said he hadn't, it was clear he DID touch the ball from all the replays).

I have seen quite a few this season where the ball has been taken but the follow through is dangerous and they have been sent off. Not saying i agree but he was certainly lucky.

8 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Getting the ball first doesn't matter anymore, the question is whether the follow through risks the safety of the player being challenged and Shaw followed through with studs up into the shin area, when you look back at decisions for similar challenges over the last few seasons the majority of the time it would result in a red card.

• Admin
3 hours ago, Lrrr said:

And yet defenders are allowed to do it to strikers for 90 mins outside the box

Or inside the box at every corner. Seems to me that refs are very quick to give against an attacker but deem it too soft to penalise a defender for the very same offence.

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

Or inside the box at every corner. Seems to me that refs are very quick to give against an attacker but deem it too soft to penalise a defender for the very same offence.

Not just corners, if a pen was given every time a defender put his hand on a attacker to defend a cross, we’d have scores more akin to Rugby. 
Ridiculous decision, ref got it wrong but as it wasn’t clear and obvious VAR sides with the ref. 

9 hours ago, Barry Sheene said:

Can't agree on the Maguire goal once you put your hand on the defender back for leverage it's a foul. 

If an opposition player scored that type of goal at Ashton Gate we all want it disallowed.

I thought it was a cracking header - he wanted it more than the defender. However goals like that being disallowed is par for the course these days and another reason to add to the list why i won’t be renewing my ST. 

Archived