IGNORED

Derby - Administration on the cards

Silvio Dante

Oh how handy- 2 year loan and now...

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/pep-guardiola-confirms-desire-to-sign-derby-county-player/

Check the Barca midfield in the 1990s or early 2000's- two players were part of it, in these times. ?

Guess which player it is/was.

I understand he will be cheap and part of English quota but how handy. Would he have been interested in signing Frankie Fielding for the role of this guy- the third choice role with ZERO competitive appearances since August 2019 of this guy. DEFINITE element of mates rates here.

He was one of Derby's top earners in more normal times, when the loan was agreed- in Summer 2019 and renewed in Summer 2020. Was there a loan fee? Who knows. Wonder if Man City will look to buy him on a permanent, even though his contract expires this summer.

Another interesting post on DCFCFans.

But if they're just sat waiting for the money to arrive there must be a point where it has to be given up sometime soon? I'd imagine from that point, Dell is waiting in the wings to take charge. Either way we need some certainty and some stability, so if any owner can bring that and prevent the squad from being ripped apart then that would be very welcomed.

Can someone help me out on this? MSD Holdings seems to make money from loaning clubs money at a good rate of interest let's say.

Why would he throw himself into running and having to subsidise losses at a club who are struggling to pay the wages and owe him cash plus interest.

Based on club claims, they all outwardly seem pretty calm at the moment.

Don't get me wrong, it would be a very simple way to complete a takeover, in theory/principle. Of course, EFL fit and proper test might well drag...?

Well said, they need to learn a lesson- Mel Morris and certain fans on their forum need to learn some humility.

League One, or League One via administration would certainly provide the latter, just that- and this would be a salutary lesson for other clubs who think of taking a similar route, as you say.

Aston Villa could and should have been that example. However take any example we can.

Their comeuppance feels like it would be long overdue, Derby County that is.

On a side note, 2019/20 onwards would have been very interesting had Aston Villa lost in the playoff semi finals.

Also has Cocu been paid off yet? Wonder how much that cost or would...?

At least one of them knows where and with whom the blame ultimately lies.

As much as people like to blame the EFL for most of the worlds ills. Our very own ring master MM and the vast array of circus clowns he’s employed over his tenure. Are far more responsible for our current plight  than the EFL could ever dream of inflicting on us

?

Oh more good news being reaffirmed here- but let's not celebrate yet!

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11696/12187960/derby-will-sell-some-of-wayne-rooneys-young-players-to-help-ease-financial-problems

Couple of interesting snippets.

However, a further potential problem for Derby is that - in their current plight - they are unlikely to qualify for the rescue loans offered by the Premier League because of the coronavirus pandemic.

This could be a serious issue if there are any further delays in the money coming forward from Sheikh Khaled's consortium.

Any Championship club in financial difficulty this season is entitled to claim up to £8.3m in loans, which must be paid back by 2024. But the small print in the rules says that the EFL will deny any application from a club which is currently - or likely to - be in breach of the EFL rules.

Any club which fails to pay its players could be in breach of those regulations. While Derby await a resolution in the takeover saga, it's thought Morris is still funding the club to the tune of £7m a month.

I appreciate revenue have been smashed for all clubs what with Covid but assuming turnover in the £30-35m bracket in a typical year, that still shows Operational Losses of £4m per month?? ?

Can't be right? Then again prior reports that have estimated owner expenditure/loss coverage- of Derby and Aston Villa- have been in the right ballpark.

The EFL will not comment on confidential financial or takeover issues at its member clubs, but has confirmed it's working with the PFA in trying to address the issues at Derby.

I suppose it's useful, just as long as they get no extra leeway- no free passes, give no quarter etc.

18 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I suppose it's useful, just as long as they get no extra leeway- no free passes, give no quarter etc.

I'm hoping that the dodgy way they've tried to dodge regulations and FFP and bent rules, really comes back to bite them in the arse.

Or just a cash flow thing.

We will pay you £2 million (guess) a year as a manager guaranteed for 2 1/2 years, and you tear up your playing contract at £5 million a year now, which was expiring at the end of this season.

Morris saves himself £10,000 a week plus costs.

8 minutes ago, Hxj said:

Or just a cash flow thing.

We will pay you £2 million (guess) a year as a manager guaranteed for 2 1/2 years, and you tear up your playing contract at £5 million a year now, which was expiring at the end of this season.

Morris saves himself £10,000 a week plus costs.

My understanding that surely the outstanding contract still has to be paid up. He’s not going to just walk away from 3mill a year by your example for nothing.

£2 million a year for 2 1/2 years is £5 million, £5 million for six months is £2.5 million.  What would you take?

He was never going to get another playing contract at Derby or anywhere else on his previous income or anything approaching it.

Like everyone else I am only guessing, but I do not think that the only possible explanation is that the takeover has been sorted.

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Rooney confirmed as manager on 2.5yr deal. Are they mental?

Do you need to ask?

Who will be their next "celebrity" manager? Does this mean he can pick and negotiate for any players that he wants - A few Man utd youth players on loan?

17 minutes ago, Hxj said:

£2 million a year for 2 1/2 years is £5 million, £5 million for six months is £2.5 million.  What would you take?

He was never going to get another playing contract at Derby or anywhere else on his previous income or anything approaching it.

Like everyone else I am only guessing, but I do not think that the only possible explanation is that the takeover has been sorted.

It’s kinda what we allegedly did with Adam El-Abd.  Couldn’t afford the wages left on his Brighton deal, so spread out a new deal over a longer term.

17 minutes ago, Midred said:

Do you need to ask?

Who will be their next "celebrity" manager? Does this mean he can pick and negotiate for any players that he wants - A few Man utd youth players on loan?

A few were talking about Phil Jones on Dcfcfans.uk a few weeks back, on loan anyway.

Football is quite like that tbh. See also Carson loan to Man City and then loan renewal.

Said it before but Pep and Cocu (now sacked) played together in Barcelona midfield in the past. This will have helped- not the sole reason but feels a factor.

No loan fee AFAIK but he was on £25-30k per week at Derby. If you can loan him and get wages covered? Result and a half!

To add a bit more.

Some of them over on DCFCfans are now talking about the PL loan. 

I suggest they read the terms and conditions. Frankly if a club doesn't need it, or can meet their obligations and avoid it I'd recommend not taking it.

Loan:

1) Ringfenced for PAYE up to end of 2020/21 season/Reporting Period. 

2) Shouldn't affect the Profit and Loss.

3) If it's ringfenced for that, you'd expect it to go in and out again.

4) Repayable by end of 2023/24, taken from future Solidarity or EFL central payments.

This is borrowing from future revenue basically. Feels like it could reduce allowable revenue for FFP.

Oh and given EFL appeal, given obligations for present, proven and future compliance should they even be eligible anyway.

Some interesting lines.

1. Suggested in the Daily Mail that the wages they deferred last year still remain unpaid- this is in addition to the current situation? Wasn't their fans favourite journo though.
  2. Suggested that the current wages will be paid via a further loan- mentions on their forum.

Two slightly less realistic poists:

By Monday all the paperwork is complete and the Derventio Holdings are the new owners of the club. Tuesday, another sub-company belonging to the Sheikh buys Derby's training ground for £200M. This puts the Rams accounts well in the profits and Wayne brings in some top talents with some spending money from the sale.

I think that poster should read Fair Value- Training Ground would be worth a lot less than the ground- plus there is a charge over it...??

...This poster should read the terms and conditions of the loan. Only covers PAYE.

But if the wages get paid by Mel couldn't we then ask for the Prem loan? Wouldn't £8.4m keep us going for a week or two?

How can cash for PAYE keep them going with general running costs exclusive of that? :laughcont: I assume they will have taken advantage of PAYE deferrals like a lot of clubs- put in place by Government due to Covid.

I've never been shy to say how much of a Wayne Rooney fan I am. Absolutely fantastic footballer and a man who's learnt from his mistakes. 

He gets a bad press and the tiresome jokes about him being thick as two short planks are completely unwarranted. He's actually pretty intelligent but I guess that doesn't fit with the tabloid narrative. I can actually see him being a decent manager given a few years. 

Loved him as a footballer, like him as a man. Here's to you Wayne.

Archived