IGNORED

Derby - Administration on the cards

Silvio Dante

_116544462_telegraph.jpg

Rooney goes on to say that after he has written history, he will try and write some more difficult words.

:) 

P.S. For anyone thinking that I am insulting WR’s intelligence, this is just making humour out of the headline.

He’s been a great player and although fortunate to land his first manager job at such a big club I think he is going to need a lot more good fortune with the situation Derby find themselves and will need to apply everything he has learned from the managers he’s played under.

Just now, The dastardly red said:

Not you again, I'm very close to putting you on ignore. 

In view of your comment about my RR post I  edited my original post with a P.S. to qualify this post and did so  simultaneous with your response.

I didn't realise OTIB was a humour free zone, although I also appreciate that not all of us have the same sense of humour, so I apologise if I've offended yours or slighted Wayne Rooney .

3 minutes ago, downendcity said:

In view of your comment about my RR post I  edited my original post with a P.S. to qualify this post and did so  simultaneous with your response.

I didn't realise OTIB was a humour free zone, although I also appreciate that not all of us have the same sense of humour, so I apologise if I've offended yours or slighted Wayne Rooney .

It's a humour free zone whenever you make a comment it seems. 

You need to try even harder than you already are to be funny. My sense of humour's electric buddy, yours is back in the bronze age.

Now let's talk about Rooney or shall I just stick you on ignore?

16 minutes ago, The dastardly red said:

It's a humour free zone whenever you make a comment it seems. 

You need to try even harder than you already are to be funny. My sense of humour's electric buddy, yours is back in the bronze age.

Now let's talk about Rooney or shall I just stick you on ignore?

Re: Rooney - this from my previous post.

37 minutes ago, downendcity said:

P.S. For anyone thinking that I am insulting WR’s intelligence, this is just making humour out of the headline.

He’s been a great player and although fortunate to land his first manager job at such a big club I think he is going to need a lot more good fortune with the situation Derby find themselves and will need to apply everything he has learned from the managers he’s played under.

I don't know whether Morris saw Rooney as Derby’s next manager when he brought him to Derby, but then again I doubt that Morris anticipated Derby getting into the situation they now find themselves. If he did see him as a future Derby manager, then I also suspect that he didn't expect the appointment to happen so soon.

He’s worked under some of the best managers, and with Ferguson, possibly the best. He’s obviously a different personality than Fergie ( and Mourinho) so it will be interesting to see how he puts across all that he’s learned through his playing career to a group of players under a lot of pressure. The reputation he built up during his playing days will help, but managing and playing are very different things and his reputation will only take him so far.

19 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Re: Rooney - this from my previous post.

I don't know whether Morris saw Rooney as Derby’s next manager when he brought him to Derby, but then again I doubt that Morris anticipated Derby getting into the situation they now find themselves. If he did see him as a future Derby manager, then I also suspect that he didn't expect the appointment to happen so soon.

He’s worked under some of the best managers, and with Ferguson, possibly the best. He’s obviously a different personality than Fergie ( and Mourinho) so it will be interesting to see how he puts across all that he’s learned through his playing career to a group of players under a lot of pressure. The reputation he built up during his playing days will help, but managing and playing are very different things and his reputation will only take him so far.

Yeah, it's a weird situation at Derby and probably not the ideal way to begin a management career but I think he'llembrace it and give it some. As you say, definitely going to be interesting.

I enjoyed watching him when he played for Derby at AG last season (seems an age ago now). His ability on the ball was superb and his passes inch perfect. I was surprised he sat so deep in that game because if he had been further forward, just behind the strikers, he would have been much more dangerous. 

A couple of thoughts occurred to me while browsing.

I wonder how many problems with payments Derby would need for MSD to gain the ability to foreclose.

Further, if a prospective new owner offers MSD the total value of the loan up front, are MSD under a positive obligation to accept or can they keep it in place in order to keep interest coming in on schedule?

My strategy if I were Dell and ended up foreclosing, through Derby defaulting might be:

1) I now inherit the club.

2) Continue and accelerate the January firesale. Step it up, everyone must go! Albeit keep enough to at least put a team out, promoting youth where necessary. 

3) Run it on a hairshirt austerity business plan. £1 in, £1 out. Maybe further at a profit, minus costs to me or of the below..

4) Sell Pride Park and Moor Farm to Banks, or Property Management companies. Sale and leaseback, on true commercial terms, I will not fund the club but the club will pay the rent out of its own income, and be wholly self sufficient.

Maybe seek a club first option buyback clause down the line.

As it happens, selling the club could become easier. Run on self sustaining lines, no debt probably, no losses maybe even profit yet with a big fanbase and a decent sized club with potential to rise again.

I'd make a profit and the club would have a very healthy balance sheet or similar.

Or I'd do the firesale, hairshirt austerity, charging a true rent for the facilities, before flogging the lot for not much at all once I'm in profit.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

A couple of thoughts occurred to me while browsing.

I wonder how many problems with payments Derby would need for MSD to gain the ability to foreclose.

Further, if a prospective new owner offers MSD the total value of the loan up front, are MSD under a positive obligation to accept or can they keep it in place in order to keep interest coming in on schedule?

My strategy if I were Dell and ended up foreclosing, through Derby defaulting might be:

1) I now inherit the club.

2) Continue and accelerate the January firesale. Step it up, everyone must go! Albeit keep enough to at least put a team out, promoting youth where necessary. 

3) Run it on a hairshirt austerity business plan. £1 in, £1 out. Maybe further at a profit, minus costs to me or of the below..

4) Sell Pride Park and Moor Farm to Banks, or Property Management companies. Sale and leaseback, on true commercial terms, I will not fund the club but the club will pay the rent out of its own income, and be wholly self sufficient.

Maybe seek a club first option buyback clause down the line.

As it happens, selling the club could become easier. Run on self sustaining lines, no debt probably, no losses maybe even profit yet with a big fanbase and a decent sized club with potential to rise again.

I'd make a profit and the club would have a very healthy balance sheet or similar.

Or I'd do the firesale, hairshirt austerity, charging a true rent for the facilities, before flogging the lot for not much at all once I'm in profit.

Genuine question, are you a business man? A lot of what you said there makes a lot of sense. 

58 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Wayne Rooney eh. Here we go again. He can get in the sea. His behaviour at the World Cup 2010 will forever render him a massive w*nker as far as I’m concerned. 

Wayne Rooney gave it back to fans giving him shit - what’s the issue? 

7 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I wouldn't put him in the very top bracket, but a very good player nonetheless

For a bloke who is England and Manchester United’s top scorer what would a player have to do to get in the top bracket? Not a dig as your as entitled to your opinion as the next man im just curious 

Yep the intellectual giant that is Wayne Rooney..........I would observe that his early career was exceptional, but he never really fulfilled his great potential, especially internationally, which is something that truly marks out the greats?  Maybe he will prove to be a great manager, he certainly has played under some big names, so should have learned how to inspire a team?

Archived