IGNORED

Spurs vs Fulham

RedRock

9 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

One of a dozen successes in 4 yrs under Johnson. Let's hope for the same under Deano

While I’ll give LJ some credit, it seemed to me that the Summer before Bobby left, both he and Joe spent the close season doing extra training. Both developed upper body strength and physic necessary to compete at the top level. Mentally, they became totally focused. 

Id love to hear the story behind their joint transformations and would be interested in how much credit they would give LJ.

Interesting to note some of the rumblings about the quality of our support staff in the context of what those two have achieved.

Just now, RedRock said:

While I’ll give LJ some credit, it seemed to me that the Summer before he Bobby left, both he and Joe spent the close season doing extra training. Both developed upper body strength and physic necessary to compete at the top level. Mentally, they became totally focused. 

Id love to hear the story behind their joint transformations and would be interested in how much credit they would give LJ.

Interesting to note some of the rumblings about the quality of our support staff in the context of what those two have achieved.

I would credit LJ with Bobby Reid development moreso than Bryan's who was already pretty established by the time Lee arrived. That being said its undeniable that the likes of them and Brownhill and quite a few others improved massively under LJ's coaching of which Holden was a key part.

Changing tack slightly, apart from occasional picture freezing, think Amazon’s presentation is very good.

Ally McCoist, Gabby Logan and Lee Dixon all excellent. 

Quite how long football on Amazon will stay as a ‘freebie’ is anyone’s guess though. No doubt part of Amazon’s business plan for world domination.  Enjoy it while you can. 

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, at Bristol City, that is a perfect description of his contribution - which of his other seasons make you think ‘most on here’ were wrong? 

Just look at his age. He progressed into what he clearly had the talent for at 24.  He was clearly one of those players who simply needed a breakthrough almost psychologically.

I think he is still underrated in general.  He can play multiple positions and the fact that Parker is playing him right wing back says it all about his footballing nous.  Can see him staying in the Premiership even if Fulham go down. He picked the wrong side to join in Cardiff which spoke volumes for his desire to just get into the EPL to show his worth.

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, at Bristol City, that is a perfect description of his contribution - which of his other seasons make you think ‘most on here’ were wrong? 

Players mature at different rates and Reid at Cardiff didn’t exactly shine ( sure in a poor team) but now a combination of PL experience and maturity has created the player he is now. We’re seeing what Reid is capable of at Fulham.

Archived