IGNORED

Preston North End (h) – Sat 16th Jan 15:00 – What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

What can we expect?

Should I buy £10 tv ticket or take dog for a walk on the beach?

We've already lost at home to our jinx teams, Birmingham and Millwall, so why should it be any different today? Even the great god, Cotterill could not achieve a win!

Maybe I will be proved totally wrong but why should another game against PNE be any different to the last ten years?

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

City 13/8 to win, Preston 7/4 so City just about favourites...not sure what that is based on ?‍♂️

Slightly more bets have been placed on us to make us favs. More than likely, money in the Far East going on their lucky colour - red. Preston are great value, IMO.

First of all , wow thats one hell of a good informative post to start a thread . Not sure @Davefevs should be sat on the bench with the manager.

Just a little link to the https://pebbleleague.com/ PNE fans forum thread. 

https://pebbleleague.com/thread/9127/bristol-city-pne

You are due a win against us , lets not hope its today though

20 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Halfway down the motorway is the precedent set I believe. ???

Interesting theory makes me think of the time as a young man I ventured to swim across the English Channel. 

I trained hard, greased myself up on a splendid spring morning and entered into the sea.

It was choppy and very cold.

Alas, I got to the halfway stage, realised I wasn’t going to make it and swam back to Blighty.

9 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Interesting theory makes me think of the time as a young man I ventured to swim across the English Channel. 

I trained hard, greased myself up on a splendid spring morning and entered into the sea.

It was choppy and very cold.

Alas, I got to the halfway stage, realised I wasn’t going to make it and swam back to Blighty.

Was that halfway down the beach??

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I wonder if Dean reads Dave's prematch analysis and how much it differs from his own.  I for one find it an essential read prior to the game.

Perhaps that's the problem. He does read Dave's posts??. Only joking Dave

Great data.

That was good- particularly our dominant start.

We had to chase the ball in the 2nd half, for periods- but we had a second wind, culminating with the Vyner goal.

We didn't have as much possession 2nd half or after first half hour in particular when we dominated all aspects aside, but we seemed to be in decent control even without that.

First win vs Preston in 10 long years though- wow!

First win in a long time against a hard working Preston.

I must say I was impressed by how solid we were at the back. The midfield ran out of steam a bit though which isolated the forwards.

I know he was protecting Diedhiou but I would've taken Martin off.

I have been one of Holden's critics but credit where credit is due. A good all round performance.

2 minutes ago, Swede said:

I must say I was impressed by how solid we were at the back. The midfield ran out of steam a bit though which isolated the forwards.

I have been one of Holden's critics but credit where credit is due. A good all round performance.

Me too.

6 hours ago, Swede said:

I only saw the second half and PNE had plenty of possession for a long period, but I was quite comfortable watching it - unlike previous games where we were hanging on and I would be waiting for us to concede. The defending and team shape was excellent and there was a bit more movement up top than usual.

It was as close to a comfortable win that we've had this season imo.

Archived