IGNORED

City, Rovers, The Rovers and Swindon all at home.

havanatopia

21 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I do not recall that ever happening before in my lifetime. I suspect it will never happen again either.

Surely all those locked out at Rovers will descend on the gate and injure at least 10 of our players!

Early 1960's; City were in Div 3 and playing in the FA Cup, Rovers home at Eastville in Div 2(yes all you young uns, Rovers were in a higher division than City) and up at the Mem, Western Counties were taking on the All Blacks.

All three games kicked off at 3.00pm, the Police and bus service both coped perfectly well. My Dad always reminded me the highest attendance that day was at Ashton Gate. ?

9 minutes ago, 22A said:

Early 1960's; City were in Div 3 and playing in the FA Cup, Rovers home at Eastville in Div 2(yes all you young uns, Rovers were in a higher division than City) and up at the Mem, Western Counties were taking on the All Blacks.

All three games kicked off at 3.00pm, the Police and bus service both coped perfectly well. My Dad always reminded me the highest attendance that day was at Ashton Gate. ?

If that was 63, I was at the Memorial Ground.  All Blacks won something like 53-0, with the great Don Clark at Full Back.  As a junior school kid I remember being fascinated by the names of the two Maori players, Waka Nathan and Mack Herewini.

1 hour ago, 22A said:

What is a bus service? 

16 hours ago, havanatopia said:

I do not recall that ever happening before in my lifetime. I suspect it will never happen again either.

Have you known a time when there have been no sans at games before...?

In general I mean, not just at Rovers games..! 

Archived