IGNORED

New contracts

NcnsBcfc

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Hopefully with Ashton leaving Ashton Gate....then 5 months of critical evaluation of where the other issues are.

If we let go a load of first team players, which we arguably should, and the succession planning hasn't been done (which should have been in play prior to Covid and LJ exit), then we find ourselves having to rebuild from scratch with limited funds (and equity!) which is the worst economic outcome. In that case the buck stops at Ashton, no question. 

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

If we let go a load of first team players, which we arguably should, and the succession planning hasn't been done (which should have been in play prior to Covid and LJ exit), then we find ourselves having to rebuild from scratch with limited funds (and equity!) which is the worst economic outcome. In that case the buck stops at Ashton, no question. 

Boom ? 

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Depends how you view transfers, essentially we valued having him here for 4 years at £5.3m rather than a guarantee of being here for longer or being sold on that would come as extra to either offset the value of the transfer or spread the value over a longer period.

4 years wages 

Signing On fee 

So , £ 9-10 Million 

Or Approx £2.5 million a season

£220k per goal

Value For Money ?

Not sure how you view your transfers 

Im still hoping the club has a plan in place with regard covid and contracts.

We are in a position to offload a lot of players this year and we could cherry pick new and better OOC players on a free but with a signing on fee and wages  that could be reduced due to the covid induced financial issues clubs will have.

I still have the theory that DH is a covid appointment  and we are looking to tread water this season and start a re build at the end of this season.

I'm sure I'm way off in my thinking sadly 

1 minute ago, M.D said:

We are in a position to offload a lot of players this year and we could cherry pick new and better OOC players on a free but with a signing on fee and wages  that could be reduced due to the covid induced financial issues clubs will have.

I still have the theory that DH is a covid appointment  and we are looking to tread water this season and start a re build at the end of this season.

Fingers crossed.  I was thinking the same thing!

There could be a potential for cherry picking some out of contract for sure, from elsewhere.

I still wonder on occasion if we're under some kind of budgetary requirements, not just club and covid imposed but walking the financial loss limit line, which can actually impact on offers on existing terms to players under contract at the present or new offers.

This would explain in part the lack of movement...I don't see how we might have got ourselves into that position but it's possible!

1 hour ago, Bobbie said:

Which is why I grouped him with the successful transfers in 

Understand that but you called Wells 'prolific' and I see this as a misconception.

He doesn't score any more than Fammy at Championship level yet I rarely hear Fammy described as prolific.

I view Wells as overrated and Fammy underrated - neither is anything special at this level but Fammy offers more overall to the team than Wells imo.

1 hour ago, mozo said:

Completely agree.

But how can you plan for next season, if you not negotiating now? Yes, you may be offering lower terms, but you're still in negotiations.

How many key players do we have ooc?

A  large number of them with established championship experience. Lose that, and you're replacing them with free agency players(expensive) or paying transfer fees. Or buying from lower divisions and hoping for the best.

Plus DH keeps changing his tune over these contracts from signing soon, to in constant negotiations, to no negotiations at all. Looks really poor management.

2 hours ago, Bassomylord said:

We shouldn't be offering contracts to any of them....its time to thank them for their service and bring in a new hungry group of players.

Hunt,Baker,Diedhiou,Pato thank you very much.

Glad someone else has said this. This squad is bloated with mediocrity....the only player I'd like to see stay is Fammy, and even then I don't want to see us break the bank for him 

Paterson, Walsh, Baker, Hunt....not good enough to take us to the next level 

I'm surprised more people haven't considered the fact we may be contemplating a new head coach next season. Clear the decks and allow them to build their own squad 

#announceEddieHowe 

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Understand that but you called Wells 'prolific' and I see this as a misconception.

He doesn't score any more than Fammy at Championship level yet I rarely hear Fammy described as prolific.

I view Wells as overrated and Fammy underrated - neither is anything special at this level but Fammy offers more overall to the team than Wells imo.

Perhaps. But I think it’s fair to say that Wells has been considered a goal scorer for some time after his goals at Bradford and Huddersfield. When we signed him he was one of the top scorers in the league at QPR.  

I get your point though and probably agree that Famara brings more to the team from what I’ve seen of both 

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Glad someone else has said this. This squad is bloated with mediocrity....the only player I'd like to see stay is Fammy, and even then I don't want to see us break the bank for him 

Paterson, Walsh, Baker, Hunt....not good enough to take us to the next level 

I'm surprised more people haven't considered the fact we may be contemplating a new head coach next season. Clear the decks and allow them to build their own squad 

#announceEddieHowe 

2 hours ago, M.D said:

Just saying

Archived