IGNORED

Preston North End (h) – Sat 16th Jan 15:00 - Match thread.

Curr Avon

24 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

Not sure why we do this. EVERYTIME we want to play a player like Palmer, we never play an off the shoulder forward To compliment his passing vision. No doubt wells will only come on when Palmer goes off ?

I fully expect that to happen too, Palmer gets hauled off just as Wells comes on for Martin or Fammy... 

add to that Adelkun starting ahead of Massengo & Bakinson, just underlines how hapless Holden is.

On RB they think it is 4 at the back and Vyner in midfield. So a good chance with Adelakun being out wide that Palmer will be on the opposite wing.

He is an accident waiting to happen when defending so not too optimistic about him out there as you need to help the FB in that role. Seems a bit like we've replaced an out of position NW with another player in the wrong  position. 

38 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Is this the City eleven that can break the hoodoo?

Players in this line up have failed city before, look at Arsenal, play the kids. As Merson (who i cannot ******* believe im agreeing with) just said on soccer saturday, "they're not going up, they're not getting relegated use this season as a development season". 

Simpson was talking like Zak coming back in allows Bakinson to step out...

It's not 4-4-2 with 

Bentley

Hunt         Kalas        Mawson      Rowe

Adelakun  Vyner        Nagy    Palmer

Martin Diedhiou

Nah, can't be...

Although it makes sense, given how Dean likes to do things which is keep a winning team and keep a formation. When Semenyo is ruled out, does he change as little as possible and just stick in Palmer?

1 minute ago, robin_unreliant said:

On RB they think it is 4 at the back and Vyner in midfield. So a good chance with Adelakun being out wide that Palmer will be on the opposite wing.

He is an accident waiting to happen when defending so not too optimistic about him out there as you need to help the FB in that role. Seems a bit like we've replaced an out of position NW with another player in the wrong  position. 

This is what I expect. If Vyner doesn't step up then either Nagy has to do all the work - hence my Atlas photo earlier - or Palmer/Adelakun drop deep. We don't want the latter to happen so logically it's the former I think we'll see - at least when we have the ball.

Just now, Prinny said:

Simpson was talking like Zak coming back in allows Bakinson to step out...

It's not 4-4-2 with 

Bentley

Hunt         Kalas        Mawson      Rowe

Adelakun  Vyner        Nagy    Palmer

Martin Diedhiou

Nah, can't be...

Nah, it’s....Palmer and Adelakun the other way around.

Palmer played wide right at Derby and Blackburn (Dack key him out of the centre).

Archived