Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Preston North End (h) – Sat 16th Jan 15:00 - Match thread.

Mawson & Vyner looked very good today.  Glad Zak got his first goal.  Generally looked more up for it than of late and pressed well in the first half. Preston did have a good spell in the 2nd half and had we conceded then, it could have been a different game.  I didn't think Adelakun was very effective and although he was trying to get into the game, Palmer's output was generally poor, in fact both sermrd to be running into blind Alleys.  Good goal from Fam and a good overall contributiin from him.

Best we've seen from City for a while, but Norwich on Wednesday will provide a sterner test.

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Like 1

Really pleased we went 442 today, we don’t have the wing backs to play with three at the back at the moment and Kalas and Mawson are good enough on their own. Happy to see that we are utilising Vyner as the DM which gives us a more natural balance and mitigates against Palmer’s and Adelakun’s defensive deficiencies.

Would like to keep this formation rotating Martin, Diedhiou and Wells as the front 2, using Semenyo as a wide man where possible as he is much better at creating than finishing. That also gives us flexibility if we need to revert to a 433 as Semenyo can join in as a third striker.

I was generally encouraged by today. Preston had their inevitable spell second half but for the most part we looked solid at the back, marshalled superbly by Kalas and especially Mawson. Bentley had little to do other than field a comfortable shot from Sinclair in the first half and make one effective punch and take a cross shot under his bar in the second. Midfield was quietly effective with Vyner and Nagy putting out fires, while still getting forward at times. Adelakun was decent tracking back particularly well, while KP (and I'm one of his biggest critics) was generally OK for the time he was on, even if there were some heavy touches. Fammy won a load of headers and scored a really good goal, while Martin was so intelligent in finding space and his link play. Even the subs had an impact with Massengo particularly catching the eye (is his physique starting to fill out a bit). All in all a good day at the office in finally breaking our hoodoo against Preston who, for once, didn't get a penalty. 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Nuno Gomes said:

Not been mentioned by others but I thought (again) Nagy was the MoM.

Zak for me (the goal gives him it) but Adam was a very, very close second.

I really don`t know how he manages to put in these high-energy performances week after week, he`s a machine I swear.

1 hour ago, foghornred said:

Good to get a result over PNE it seems a long time since we won against them almost as long as Wolves !

If you're referring to away wins at Molineux, it will be the 100th anniversary in 2031. Will I live to see it?

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Massengo particularly catching the eye (is his physique starting to fill out a bit)

His 'bulking up' was noticeable when he came back after the break in last season. He started to throw his weight about and conceded a lot of free kicks. Today it looked like he had gone back to how he was originally , good touch , skill and movement, but with the added strength. Could be very good for us, and I believe he will be a top player.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Nuno Gomes said:

Not been mentioned by others but I thought (again) Nagy was the MoM.

Alfie or Zak for me, however, AN has been consistently good of late - remarkable work rate, winning lots of balls and moving things on by keeping his distribution neat and tidy. Seems to have really settled in this season.

7 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Love some of their fans reactions. Poster Sf who I have seen on the championship forums is absolutely obsessed with us, one of those cringey blokes who likes every comment thats anti City. About time we beat the shithousers.

Wow, I remember that name. Can't believe that so many years later, he's still there spouting the same garbage. Very happy to hear that he's salty.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

I notice some of the posters have been quiet on this thread since the win. Credit where credit is due well done Dean & The boys , onwards & upwards . Let’s be havin you !

I`m sure a few were poised over their keyboards ready to strike and then that pesky Famara only went and scored.

Took the wind right out of a lot of sails.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I`m sure a few were poised over their keyboards ready to strike and then that pesky Famara only went and scored.

Took the wind right out of a lot of sails.

Great win and I predicted on a previous post for Fam to score a twenty yard blinder for a 1 - 0 win. Lets hope we see more of it and not another one where we are put back on the glory bubble for one week only.