Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Preston North End (h) – Sat 16th Jan 15:00 - Match thread.

Just now, IAmNick said:

I think he's probably exceeded expectations the most (maybe along with Bakinson) but at least Bentley and Kalas are ahead of him overall for me.

2 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

no. Nagy Bentley Kalas ahead of him

Not saying I'd vote for Vyner but there's a case to be made I think. He's been asked to do an awful lot and broadly delivered everytime. Kalas and Bentley have played well - but essentially have simply done their narrowly defined job. Not sure if Vyner qualifies for Young Player, if he does he's got that in the bag imo.

11 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Does it show that we've had basically two and half weeks off?

Important point this. When was the last time before this period that Holden and team had any proper time in between games to work on tactics, shape or strategy? November?

Just now, WirralRobin said:

Important point this. When was the last time before this period that Holden and team had any proper time in between games to work on tactics, shape or strategy? November?

Training ground was closed wasn't it? So not even that international break

• Like 1
Just now, old_eastender said:

The whole team seem to have dropped intensity, to let Preston back into the game

Yep. I guess they couldn't keep it up. Palmer been trying to be too fancy though for me from about 20 minutes onwards. Even him keeping it simple will see him produce more magic than most. 

We really need to see out this half now.

28 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I've said so often I'd rather have 15 goals in 15 separate games than a bloke who scores 5 hat-tricks in a season. He's almost metronomic in his scoring.

Yep, even goal stats for me do not mean much if when they don't score they don't offer much

It’s a good first half.

First 10 minutes superb, energetic, committed - banging in crosses and shots and putting their defence and keeper under pressure.

Martin and Fam full of energy, press and offering options.

Adelakun improved from Pompey but came off the boil as half went on.

KP - fantastic to have someone actually happy on the ball in the oppositions third.

Mawson and Kalas - huge difference. Hunt and Rowe getting forwards well.

Vyner centre mid working. Sitting, blocking, tidying up and a couple of great passes.

Preston still look a threat at times - but we’ve largely kept them quiet so credit to Holden for getting it right tactically so far.

Still want us to just take a little bit more care with the ball at times and fancy Preston will lift their game second half...

• Like 4

First 45 minutes in a nutshell: decent opening 15 minutes from us, then a neutral period, however, PNE have grown into the game and shut out our early dominance, while at the same time we have slipped into some of our poor habits e.g. giving it away fat too easily and lacking forward movement.

1-0 is unlikely to be the final score.