Our record with Mawson starting in the league,

Played 6 
Won 5 
Draw 1      
Loss 0    
GS 9   
GA 3     
Clean sheets 4

In 5 of those games we’ve also scored twice. 

Stoke (A) won 2-0    
Sheffield (H) won 2-0   
Forest (A) Won 2-1    
Barnsley (A) Draw 2-2    
Middlesbrough (H) Won 1-0. 
PNE (H) Won 2-0

No fluke, must keep fit. 

17 minutes ago, mightyreds89 said:

Our record with Mawson starting in the league,

Played 6 
Won 5 
Draw 1      
Loss 0    
GS 9   
GA 3     
Clean sheets 4

In 5 of those games we’ve also scored twice. 

Stoke (A) won 2-0    
Sheffield (H) won 2-0   
Forest (A) Won 2-1    
Barnsley (A) Draw 2-2    
Middlesbrough (H) Won 1-0. 
PNE (H) Won 2-0

No fluke, must keep fit. 

We lost to Boro....in fairness it was 0-0 when he went off injured....and it looked destined for 0-0 too.

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Hes quality at this level.....but he runs like a guy with fooked knees.  That’s why he’s not still in the PL.

As already z a great partnership with Kalas , if we had the chance I’d like us to get him but he might be too costly and have his sights set higher . Yes he has a running style like Tins!!

I'm sure we would all have him permanently, at 'the drop of a hat'. The problem is his fitness will always be a risk. If he proves his (long term) fitness then Fulham will want him back. If his fitness remains questionable then we would not want to shell out £10m or more for such a risk. If his fitness breaks down again then no one will want him.

There again, another season long loan might suit us!!

I didn't think yesterday was his best game, but what was abundantly clear was how much Moore and Vyner missed him when he got injured.  He just calmly talked them through everything.  No nonsense, does his job, calm as you like as some might say...

I would love to see Sessegnon and Dasilva in that team too.

20 minutes ago, James54De said:

Been well documented. In fact, you’ve been involved in some of the conversations. 

I have but apart from the players actual conditioning which are the fitness coaches domain I don't recall having a go at the medical team.

5 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I have but apart from the players actual conditioning which are the fitness coaches domain I don't recall having a go at the medical team.

Okay, but not having a go about something really doesn’t equate to not knowing about it. Your post was obviously unnecessary as you clearly are aware of the discussions that have been happening about the medical team. 

15 minutes ago, James54De said:

Okay, but not having a go about something really doesn’t equate to not knowing about it. Your post was obviously unnecessary as you clearly are aware of the discussions that have been happening about the medical team. 

No, my post was not unnecessary at all. I've seen posts about the medical team and simply asked what conspiracy was being talked about this time. 

Alfie has been speaking to the press and he seems to have quite a bit of praise for the medical staff. I'm sure some cynics will say it's scripted etc.

Any injury is tough. I think because I've had this injury a few times before I know how to deal with it. It's good as I can approach it in the right manner and the right mindset but obviously it's frustrating. Especially as we were going well. Looking back it was probably going to happen regardless of the tackle or not, but I take my hat off to the club medical staff here: Rollsy, Procs and Del and all the fitness coaches and everyone involved. They've really looked after me. They've been different level.

I had a month away back in London trying to settle my knee down, so I was literally at home for a month and that's when the most gruelling time was. My poor missus was with me every day and she must have thought I was as miserable as sin.

I'm miserable anyway but injuries are a part of football and she's really starting to understand that. As soon as I got back here we set out a plan, we didn't go mad, and we didn't really set a date in mind, and it just fell so well that the Portsmouth game was the game I was fit to play 65 in. Most of the credit goes to the way that the staff have looked after me. I've had rehabs in the past that have gone well and some that haven't in previous times, so I'm really grateful for the work they've put in.

That's all behind me now. I've got to just keep looking forward now. It'll be tough to get into the regular flow of Championship football because it's gruelling as it is.

Those saying we'd need to break the bank to get him on a permanent are wide of the mark I think.  At the end of the season, he'll return to Fulham as a 27 year old with only a year left on his contract and quite a few injuries to his name.  I think the asking price would be quite low.  The question I think is should rather than could we buy him.

There's no doubting his quality but, as with Bakes, we don't know how much of the season he'll be available for.  Again like Baker, he's Premier League quality and I guess if they can manage 46 games between them then we've got a Prem defender for the whole season.   It's just a case of making sure they're not injured at the same time!

20 hours ago, Robbored said:

Not really.....an unproven and speculative article by GmG which started the conspiracy theory.

Wrong again. The story originated in The Atheltic, not GMG. You're starting a conspiracy against GMG if anything. Ironic, that. 

Mawson's proven quality at this level and above. I think he's only got 18 months left on his Fulham deal. He would be an incredible signing if we could do it - and, more importantly, he stayed fit. 

Funny that for all Brentford's success in the transfer market, they let him go to Barnsley for next to nothing. 

21 hours ago, Tonks55 said:

I'm sure we would all have him permanently, at 'the drop of a hat'. The problem is his fitness will always be a risk. If he proves his (long term) fitness then Fulham will want him back. If his fitness remains questionable then we would not want to shell out £10m or more for such a risk. If his fitness breaks down again then no one will want him.

There again, another season long loan might suit us!!

His fitness (or potential lack of) would be priced into any transfer deal. If fitness was not an issue he would be out of our league at this time. Signing him would be a big risk but the payoff would be huge if it worked out! Hell - it's not my money... Go get him Steve!

53 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Alfie has been speaking to the press and he seems to have quite a bit of praise for the medical staff. I'm sure some cynics will say it's scripted etc.

Let me guess there was a sniper on a rooftop ready to take him out if he said otherwise according to some ?

21 hours ago, BigTone said:

I think the theory about the Medical Team Tone (which I know you haven't been involved in) is that loan players with injuries go back to their parent clubs to rehabilitate anget back to fitness, the ones we have here seem not to (Mawson vs Williams/Walsh being the most-quoted examples

2 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

I think the theory about the Medical Team Tone (which I know you haven't been involved in) is that loan players with injuries go back to their parent clubs to rehabilitate anget back to fitness, the ones we have here seem not to (Mawson vs Williams/Walsh being the most-quoted examples

Isn't it the complete opposite of what you've said?

52 minutes ago, tin said:

Wrong again. The story originated in The Atheltic, not GMG. You're starting a conspiracy against GMG if anything. Ironic, that. 

Did it originate in the Atheltic?.......if so .how did they get hold of a second division player whinging about the treatment he’s been receiving.

Load of shit stirring nonsense imo.

Archived