IGNORED

Alfie Mawson

Red Army 75

15 minutes ago, BigTone said:

So in short your answer is no then.

With all due respect to Harry he is no more ITK than the rest of us as much as you might think otherwise IMO.

Why don't we just drop all the speculative shite and get behind the team and club instead of trying to find an outside agenda all the time in order to beat all concerned with a big stick.

I just want our club to succeed without everyone trying to pull it down at every opportunity.

We clearly aren’t going to agree on this one. 

However, please don’t get on the high horse and accuse myself, and others, of “beating the club with a big stick” or “trying to pull the club down”.

Its because we care about the club that when we see the injury record displayed, players complaining about treatment, the medical team having presided over similar previously and unexplained long absences that we question what the hell is going on.

The alternate is blind faith. And, I’d argue that blind faith actually does more long term damage to the club.

Nobodys calling Calum O’Dowda a deviant. Nobody’s claiming Dean Holden spends his weekdays robbing old ladies. Nobodies claiming that Dan Bentley beats up badgers on a Sunday. People are looking at a poor injury record with all else considered and coming to reasonable, football based conclusions.

I believe that’s kind of the point of a forum. And from your prior posting I believe you do so I’m hoping this is a bit of a stressful overreaction to accuse people of the above when they’re expressing reasonable concerns and all’s ok.

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

We clearly aren’t going to agree on this one. 

However, please don’t get on the high horse and accuse myself, and others, of “beating the club with a big stick” or “trying to pull the club down”.

Its because we care about the club that when we see the injury record displayed, players complaining about treatment, the medical team having presided over similar previously and unexplained long absences that we question what the hell is going on.

The alternate is blind faith. And, I’d argue that blind faith actually does more long term damage to the club.

Nobodys calling Calum O’Dowda a deviant. Nobody’s claiming Dean Holden spends his weekdays robbing old ladies. Nobodies claiming that Dan Bentley beats up badgers on a Sunday. People are looking at a poor injury record with all else considered and coming to reasonable, football based conclusions.

I believe that’s kind of the point of a forum. And from your prior posting I believe you do so I’m hoping this is a bit of a stressful overreaction to accuse people of the above when they’re expressing reasonable concerns and all’s ok.

You are now bringing in scenarios that we weren't even discussing so difficult to reason with.

Let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

You are now bringing in scenarios that we weren't even discussing so difficult to reason with.

Let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

I’ve heard from a very reliable source, that Dan Bentley beats badgers on Sundays. 

This club is rotten to the core. 

• Admin
5 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Well. 

I’m ITK that they haven’t barred him

I’m ITK that he wrote an article, if untrue, would give justifiable cause to bar him.

I’m not sure what part of that is speculation...?

You can add to that, that GMG gave a certain person at the club an opportunity to be interviewed and reply on behalf of the club. The same person was also invited to do the same on a local weekly radio show.

Both invitations were declined

• Admin
8 hours ago, Southport Red said:

I think the theory about the Medical Team Tone (which I know you haven't been involved in) is that loan players with injuries go back to their parent clubs to rehabilitate anget back to fitness, the ones we have here seem not to (Mawson vs Williams/Walsh being the most-quoted examples

I thought it interesting Mawson was praising our medical team, when it's clear he was back with Fulham being treated.

Talk about the club putting him up for interview with false information following the report in The Athletic etc

For me the most interesting aspect of the Mawson interview was when he said that the club has a reputation as being physically soft (not sure if this was his exact wording), but he had been encouraging the team to be a bit more dirty, and gradually the reputation is being erased.

29 minutes ago, phantom said:

I thought it interesting Mawson was praising our medical team, when it's clear he was back with Fulham being treated.

Talk about the club putting him up for interview with false information following the report in The Athletic etc

I thought the same.  Cynical pair aren’t we.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-injuries-alfie-mawson-4779338

8 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m going to say this slowly.

In this country, there is this thing called the media. Now, the media know that they get most sales through big clubs, but also, every now and again, know it’s good to engage with teams at lower levels.

Now, players also have things called agents. These people look out for their players best interests (mostly), and will approach the media if need be to give them stories.

You then have players. When a player gets an injury, it damages his future value, earning potential and the agents income. If that injury is caused by mismanagement, then the player is understandably a bit miffed.

So, putting that together.

You have an injured player. Who is a bit miffed. You have an agent. Who is also a bit miffed due to potential loss of future earnings. You have the media. Who know any story will pique the interest of fans of the club it is about (proven by this story) and generate income. The player speaks to the agent who speaks to the media.

And that’s “how they got hold of a second division player who’s whinging”.

Your more pertinent question should be, if there’s not some truth, why hasn’t Holden denied it in strong terms or Williams said he’s been misquoted?

(FWIW Mawsons recovery vs Williams and the medical team doing well in the former may have as much to do with the injury type as opposed to anything else)

Thank You.

This was most appreciated as I cannot read very quickly.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

So a split of 49 days at Fulham and 33 here before his game at Portsmouth, keeping in mind 7 days were between the injury and surgery, some time after the surgery before rehab would have started so almost an even split between how long Fulham and City would have had him before coming back. We still would have been building with him and getting him ready to even be out on grass and building to a match intensity so it’s not quite as some make out on here that Fulham handed us a player who was ready for training and therefore Alfie crediting staff could likely be perfectly legitimate given he’d worked with them for over a month to be ready and he’s played completed a game less than a week after his first appearance in months, something must have been done right for him to be in that shape. 

8 hours ago, Lrrr said:

So a split of 49 days at Fulham and 33 here before his game at Portsmouth, keeping in mind 7 days were between the injury and surgery, some time after the surgery before rehab would have started so almost an even split between how long Fulham and City would have had him before coming back. We still would have been building with him and getting him ready to even be out on grass and building to a match intensity so it’s not quite as some make out on here that Fulham handed us a player who was ready for training and therefore Alfie crediting staff could likely be perfectly legitimate given he’d worked with them for over a month to be ready and he’s played completed a game less than a week after his first appearance in months, something must have been done right for him to be in that shape. 

You’d expect our medical team to be able to get a player fit wouldn’t you.

The cynicism was more to do with the timing of his comments in light of Williams’ alleged claims.

I also think there’s a big difference between bone / cartilage injuries and muscle injuries.

10 hours ago, phantom said:

I thought the very same but be careful, you might be accused of stirring with a conspiracy stick! 

Those quotes, particularly the names dropped, wouldn't have been out of place on North Korean state-controlled television, IMO. 

• Admin
9 hours ago, Lrrr said:

You made an assumption there that he didn't also return back to Fulham during those 33 days, you may be surprised

35 minutes ago, phantom said:

You made an assumption there that he didn't also return back to Fulham during those 33 days, you may be surprised

You thinking he did? Sessegnon would be in the same boat then but we continually hear the that he’s with us 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

You’d expect our medical team to be able to get a player fit wouldn’t you.

The cynicism was more to do with the timing of his comments in light of Williams’ alleged claims.

I also think there’s a big difference between bone / cartilage injuries and muscle injuries.

Not according to some on here, some would say we’re incapable. The timing may seem convenient however Mawson has just returned so it was really his first chance to speak in a press segment.

18 hours ago, BigTone said:

I just want our club to succeed without everyone trying to pull it down at every opportunity.

I want our club to succeed too, but currently with the injuries it won't. It's better to ask the questions and hopefully see improvements, than ignore.

17 hours ago, BigTone said:

Must be true then H

angry-badger1.jpg.cf.jpg

I’ve just double checked with the source. 
Seems there was a misunderstanding and a bit of a typo. Dan Bentley not involved at all. 
It’s not DB kills badgers. 
It’s TB kills badgers. 

I had to just check on that too. It’s Tuberculosis, not Ty Bakinson! 

I hope Alfie Mawson has a long and injury free career - ideally with City.  But if he is unlucky he has the potential to make a brilliant manager maybe even with City one day after Dean has had a successful (or otherwise) time here.  You can just tell that he has the ideal personality, determination, self awareness, impressive communication and man management skills to be a successful future manager.  Whether he'd smile if he won automatic promotion to the Premiership is another matter, but he does have impressive leadership skills.

15 hours ago, phantom said:

I don’t know if you know this BUT , he’s been doing joint integration with both ours and Fulham’s medical staff, 

started at Fulham , then post op came back to us once the time frame adjusted to being back ready for the 2nd half, 

our medical team gets a lot of stick , when it’s the S&C that affects our recovering players, plenty of other clubs have the same issues aswell.

sorry to be a pedant about it but it stresses me when I hear about it not being good enough when we genuinely have rotten luck and have done for the last 6 years 

2 minutes ago, PeterStyvarsRightFoot said:

I don’t know if you know this BUT , he’s been doing joint integration with both ours and Fulham’s medical staff, 

started at Fulham , then post op came back to us once the time frame adjusted to being back ready for the 2nd half, 

our medical team gets a lot of stick , when it’s the S&C that affects our recovering players, plenty of other clubs have the same issues aswell.

sorry to be a pedant about it but it stresses me when I hear about it not being good enough when we genuinely have rotten luck and have done for the last 6 years 

You don’t get bad luck for 6 years mate to be honest. Well it’s more like four but you get my point . 

3 hours ago, Selred said:

I want our club to succeed too, but currently with the injuries it won't. It's better to ask the questions and hopefully see improvements, than ignore.

Given our injuries I am impressed that we remain just 4 points off the playoffs and more important 17 away from the relegation places.

In saying that I doubt that BCFC staff (medical or otherwise) are taking too much notice of unsubstantiated conjecture and questions from fans on OTIB (or the Bristol Post toilet roll) so we can ask all we want. I can't imagine them running around the treatment room yelling "OMG we've been rumbled".

As I say given the injuries we have we are doing remarkably well. Let's all try and concentrate on the positives instead creating negatives all the time.

A win this weekend will have my gusset very moist. Will it happen ? Who knows, but this is football. I live in hope for many things. Some I can control but most I can't.

49 minutes ago, BigTone said:

In saying that I doubt that BCFC staff (medical or otherwise) are taking too much notice of unsubstantiated conjecture and questions from fans on OTIB (or the Bristol Post toilet roll)

Can you not question the Bristol Post and be positive about it instead please? Lets not try and create negativity....

16 minutes ago, Selred said:

Can you not question the Bristol Post and be positive about it instead please? Lets not try and create negativity....

The only BP I can read from here is online and their website makes it virtually impossible to do so. They have been made well aware of my frustrations. 

4 hours ago, BigTone said:

Given our injuries I am impressed that we remain just 4 points off the playoffs and more important 17 away from the relegation places.

In saying that I doubt that BCFC staff (medical or otherwise) are taking too much notice of unsubstantiated conjecture and questions from fans on OTIB (or the Bristol Post toilet roll) so we can ask all we want. I can't imagine them running around the treatment room yelling "OMG we've been rumbled".

As I say given the injuries we have we are doing remarkably well. Let's all try and concentrate on the positives instead creating negatives all the time.

A win this weekend will have my gusset very moist. Will it happen ? Who knows, but this is football. I live in hope for many things. Some I can control but most I can't.

I mean a win tomorrow, apologies

Archived