IGNORED

Palmer? Massengo? Adelukun, Semenyo?

Top Robin

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Comfortable & Composure on the ball = Palmer or Massengo...?

Physicality = Semenyo

Trickery = Adeluken (but not enough game time to form an opinion at this level)

On very, very limited viewings of Adelakun, I think he’s got a good football brain.  He makes some really good appreciative runs off the ball that some of our players would never do.  He “gets” what run his teammate needs from him.

It won’t always come off, and his technical ability might not always come off, but I see something in him.  Not sure if it’s enough, but will keep observing.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

On very, very limited viewings of Adelakun, I think he’s got a good football brain.  He makes some really good appreciative runs off the ball that some of our players would never do.  He “gets” what run his teammate needs from him.

It won’t always come off, and his technical ability might not always come off, but I see something in him.  Not sure if it’s enough, but will keep observing.

Interesting observations Dave - when he was recalled from Hull they were saying something like ‘we hope Bristol City can get more out of him than we did’......Hull weren’t that impressed with him it seems.......:dunno:

30 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Interesting observations Dave - when he was recalled from Hull they were saying something like ‘we hope Bristol City can get more out of him than we did’......Hull weren’t that impressed with him it seems.......:dunno:

I saw him for Hull in one TV game and he looked pretty much uninterested.  Playing for his future???

Seymeno is a bet player than Adlekun.

Paterson is better than KP

Bakinson is better than Massengo

Adlekun is not good enough fact.. Not sure if people are watching the games he offers nothing.

Messsengo had a good cameo today but generally does not ready for this level at the moment

KP has talent but not the aptitude to put in a full 90 mins

Seymenyo has to add goals but still worthy of a place and will get game time even if from the bench.

Likely that all of them will be on the bench by start if march.

Adlekun and Massengo  and even KP would not even make the bench if everyone was fit.

34 minutes ago, Robbored said:

We ain’t getting anything out of him either. He is just making up the numbers until players are fit. 

1 minute ago, Better Red said:

Seymeno is a bet player than Adlekun.

Paterson is better than KP

Bakinson is better than Massengo

Adlekun is not good enough fact.. Not sure if people are watching the games he offers nothing.

Messsengo had a good cameo today but generally does not ready for this level at the moment

KP has talent but not the aptitude to put in a full 90 mins

Seymenyo has to add goals but still worthy of a place and will get game time even if from the bench.

Likely that all of them will be on the bench by start if march.

Adlekun and Massengo  and even KP would not even make the bench if everyone was fit.

Oasis were better than Blur

Based on today, I'd say that Adelekun looks nowhere near a championship player. 

Palmer started very positively and then slipped back to his usual. Ineffective frustrating state. 

Massengo looked like a different player..! Really positive and strong. Very different to his usual tidy but ineffective contribution. 

Semenyo always looks likely to do something (other than score..!) this season. Looks like he could make it at this level, in time. 

Can't wait to have Weimann, Paterson and other proper championship players back in contention. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I saw him for Hull in one TV game and he looked pretty much uninterested.  Playing for his future???

From what I read from a McCann interview he said they didn't have his type of player at the club and offered them something different going forward. 

Now he's not that easy on the eye for me so I dont tend to notice him other than when he tries to beat his man which was successful 50% of the time today. I also appreciate its only his second game back and he gave a solid performance .

For me if we continue with this formation, particularly with Fam and Martin as the front 2 then I think it's about having the right combination on both wings rather than necessarily playing the best 2 'wingers'. So whilst neither was perfect today, I liked the combination of palmer and adelakun as palmer naturally comes deeper and inside and wants to play the pass whilst adelakun can either pull out wide or run in behind with pace. Similar with massengo, wants to come deeper and inside rather than run in behind and outside, whilst semenyo on the right can do the job adelukan did today (provide more width or run in behind) which is especially important when neither martin nor fam are quick enough to cause too many problems in behind. It almost means that we become more a lopsided 4-3-3 in attack and a more conventional 442 in defence (or at least that is what I thought I was seeing today). So for me, whilst I think they all have merits, i wouldn't play adelakun&semenyo or Palmer&Massengo as combinations, but instead Adelakun or Semenyo & Palmer or Massengo, similarly when fit it could also be pato inside left with weimann wide right running in behind.

Oh and IMO, never play Wells out wide!

Long time ago we played so good as we did in the first half. Palmer and Adelakun started. And with Vyner and Nagy as more defensive mf did Think the team Looked good. Wonderboy came in and did it better than usual, Think he Will be a good player. The team looked mutch better today then the games before Palmer is creative and I have a good feeling for Adelakun. Palmer before Bakinson I prefer. We bought Palmer for big money and think now is the time he shows What he can more regulary. He can dribble, shoot and is really a tricky player Adelakun We can see he has Something in him.  

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I agree. I've always been very critical of HA, having seen him a few times in the 23's and a dreadful performance for the first team, but today I thought he was ok. Hopefully he can make steady improvement.

7 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I agree. I've always been very critical of HA, having seen him a few times in the 23's and a dreadful performance for the first team, but today I thought he was ok. Hopefully he can make steady improvement.

No sorry, “Better” Red has already told us he is not good enough, neither is Palmer or Massengo. I fully expect them to never play again after his scathing review.

15 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

He’s young and not fully physically matured yet just as Massengo isn’t. However whats promising is that familiar term ‘potential’ and both have it in abundance and Deano is giving both of them an opportunity.

Can they both fulfil said potential?  We’ll have to wait and see.

I’m going to go against the flow and say that if these four players become regular starters we’re not going to make it as a a promotion team in the near future. They all have attributes but none of them are capable of regularly putting in a good 90 minutes. Odd flashes of skill, but not consistent performances. Today, Palmer was excellent for 20 minutes, then average for the next 25, and not really in the game in the second half. They may develop as they are young ish but the Premier League is a long way away. Last season Norwich was a poor Premier League team that was relegated but now, with basically the same team, they are 14 points ahead of City with half the season still to play

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'm not convinced by Adelakun and I'm very concerned by Palmer as a regular starter. Semenyo and Massengo for me.

Just won 2-0 against Preston, with Palmer starting for the first time in over 6 months........what has made you “very concerned” considering the other shite of the past few months?

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

I’m going to go against the flow and say that if these four players become regular starters we’re not going to make it as a a promotion team in the near future. They all have attributes but none of them are capable of regularly putting in a good 90 minutes. Odd flashes of skill, but not consistent performances. Today, Palmer was excellent for 20 minutes, then average for the next 25, and not really in the game in the second half. They may develop as they are young ish but the Premier League is a long way away. Last season Norwich was a poor Premier League team that was relegated but now, with basically the same team, they are 14 points ahead of City with half the season still to play

You think we have been a promotion team over the past 5 months!?!?! Cant knock the player that came in today, we have won by more than 1 goal for the first time since god knows when!!!

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I always said exactly the same thing about Matty Taylor, I don't think enough credit is given at City for players who work well when off the ball. 

Archived