IGNORED

Palmer? Massengo? Adelukun, Semenyo?

Top Robin

Palmer needs to get fit to see how good he can be for us.
Massengo, just needs games he will be quality now he's added some strength and grit.
Adelakun , not convinced. Better today, did well without the ball and worked hard, for me needs to affect the game more.
Semenyo, difficult one. No doubt he has talent. Causes mayhem running with the ball, I'd like to see him have a game centrally, give him a chance to see if that's his role or not. Needs a goal so he can relax when the chances come.

I think it's hilarious people writing HNM off at 19 or AS at barely 21.

8 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Just won 2-0 against Preston, with Palmer starting for the first time in over 6 months........what has made you “very concerned” considering the other shite of the past few months?

The evidence...every time he gets an opportunity he impresses but a few games later his form drops off and he loses his place. I worry that happens again. I mean, there's a reason we sent him out on loan and that reason was not that we felt he was the answer to our needs.

Don't get me wrong, he was brilliant to begin with today and was brilliant in the cup earlier in the season. He showed some brilliance under LJ but we know the rest of the story.

11 minutes ago, mozo said:

The evidence...every time he gets an opportunity he impresses but a few games later his form drops off and he loses his place. I worry that happens again. I mean, there's a reason we sent him out on loan and that reason was not that we felt he was the answer to our needs.

Don't get me wrong, he was brilliant to begin with today and was brilliant in the cup earlier in the season. He showed some brilliance under LJ but we know the rest of the story.

I get what you are saying, hopefully this time its the kick up the ass he needed, only time will tell & hopefully he comes good consistently.

1 hour ago, Better Red said:

Seymeno is a bet player than Adlekun.

Paterson is better than KP

Bakinson is better than Massengo

Adlekun is not good enough fact.. Not sure if people are watching the games he offers nothing.

Messsengo had a good cameo today but generally does not ready for this level at the moment

KP has talent but not the aptitude to put in a full 90 mins

Seymenyo has to add goals but still worthy of a place and will get game time even if from the bench.

Likely that all of them will be on the bench by start if march.

Adlekun and Massengo  and even KP would not even make the bench if everyone was fit.

Not fact, just your opinion as is the rest of your post.

:yes:

24 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

You think we have been a promotion team over the past 5 months!?!?! Cant knock the player that came in today, we have won by more than 1 goal for the first time since god knows when!!!

I didn’t make my comments based on today’s performance. It was what they’re done over their careers at City. Perhaps a better way to put it is to say what they haven’t done - ie consistently affect the game  over a long period of matches.  

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Oasis were better than Blur

Aye, aye, aye, aye

Gibson is better than Yashin

Chris Crowe's better than Eusebio 

and ( fill in the name of team we were playing that day) are in for a thrashin'

11 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

I get what you are saying, hopefully this time its the kick up the ass he needed, only time will tell & hopefully he comes good consistently.

Yeah I really hope so. He's clearly got a natural talent, and I don't think he's lazy. He's a bit of an enigma. 

1 hour ago, Better Red said:

Seymeno is  better a different type of player than Adlekun.

Bakinson is better a different type of player Massengo

Adlekun is not good enough fact.. Not sure if people are watching the games he offers nothing.

Messsengo had a good cameo today but generally does not ready for this level at the moment

Seymenyo has to add goals but still worthy of a place and will get game time even if from the bench.

Adlekun and Massengo  and even KP would not even make the bench if everyone was fit.

For a while now we have tended to have too many midfield players that are very similar. The exception to that has probably been Palmer, but when he went out on loan, and with the impact of injuries, the cupboard was pretty bare. As it happened, force of circumstances saw the emergence of Bakinson, the resurgence of Nagy and  it seems a flicker of HNM’s potential.

For pretty well all of this season the main grievance has been the paucity of any real attacking threat and, whatever fans might think of him, Palmer seems to be the one player in our squad that has the ability to create, do something different, but crucially make us a threat going forward, as was evidenced in the first half today. Most criticism seems to focus on what he doesn’t do, but perhaps we need to look at what he can, and does, do and start getting this out of him.

Is it coincidence that today he started in a midfield that included an inform Nagy? Early last season some of our best football came prior to Afobe’s injury when the midfield featured Palmer and Nagy. It also featured HNM!

Perhaps the crucial question is not whether one player is better than another, but which combination of players produces the best performance. It is not the best 11 players that necessarily produces the best team.

1 hour ago, Garland-sweden said:

Long time ago we played so good as we did in the first half. Palmer and Adelakun started. And with Vyner and Nagy as more defensive mf did Think the team Looked good. Wonderboy came in and did it better than usual, Think he Will be a good player. The team looked mutch better today then the games before Palmer is creative and I have a good feeling for Adelakun. Palmer before Bakinson I prefer. We bought Palmer for big money and think now is the time he shows What he can more regulary. He can dribble, shoot and is really a tricky player Adelakun We can see he has Something in him.  

It’s funny how so many posters (not you) focus so much on individuals, what they do or don’t do with the ball.  Not enough focus on what they do off the ball, or for the team, certainly when being critical of a performance or a player overall.

How come this alleged group of shit individuals (as rated by certain posters, again not you!) beat Preston for the first time in 16 attempts.  Because they played as a team!

I couldn’t give a toss whether an individual appears to play crap and we win, if I can see that actually he’s contributed in other ways.  It’s spotting those players that are contributing in different ways.  The Weimann’s of this world - who are doing countless runs to drag opponents around, but not to get the ball themselves, but to give space to others.  Whether it was intentional last week, Massengo drags the Portsmouth midfielder away from Vyner to give Zak the opportunity to open his body back inside and pass to Martin....to score the winner.  If Massengo makes a different run, it doesn’t happen.

Did Hunt have a good / solid game today?  Did Sinclair ever get at him today?  Was he ever exposed one on one?  Nope.  Why not?  Because players like Adelakun were in front of him, working their nuts off to ensure it didn’t happen.

From the god himself.

514B05B2-F55A-461A-BD6E-15CB8D236254.thumb.jpeg.7a7934ef87f1db61501bfb28414a3b08.jpeg

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

He’s young and not fully physically matured yet just as Massengo isn’t. However whats promising is that familiar term ‘potential’ and both have it in abundance and Deano is giving both of them an opportunity.

Can they both fulfil said potential?  We’ll have to wait and see.

25 in June...but your point stands, he’s barely played at this level....got to give him a chance, at least.

55 minutes ago, Redstart said:

I always said exactly the same thing about Matty Taylor, I don't think enough credit is given at City for players who work well when off the ball. 

He really grew on me.  Much more intelligent player than I thought we’d signed.  

Some nice problems to have.

I’d love to see Massengo get a good run in the role he played today. He was suffering under LJ, getting more and more defensive, barely a pass forward which isn’t what he’s about. 

He’s got that magic eye for a through ball to strikers and that will only get better. From what I’ve seen in training and on one occasion today he has a great shot and will certainly score goals given a chance.

That’s not to say I’m not keen on the others, we’ve actually got the makings of a pretty good team...........if all fit!

1 hour ago, mozo said:

I'm not convinced by Adelakun and I'm very concerned by Palmer as a regular starter. Semenyo and Massengo for me.

They’ve hardy set the world alight so far!

We need stability. We have just won well for the first time in ages. IMO we need to stick with a winning team, probably flex the tactics a little and create stability, nearly all top teams do this. We cannot keep searching for our best starting 11 in February.

7 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Some nice problems to have.

I’d love to see Massengo get a good run in the role he played today. He was suffering under LJ, getting more and more defensive, barely a pass forward which isn’t what he’s about. 

He’s got that magic eye for a through ball to strikers and that will only get better. From what I’ve seen in training and on one occasion today he has a great shot and will certainly score goals given a chance.

That’s not to say I’m not keen on the others, we’ve actually got the makings of a pretty good team...........if all fit!

In a simplistic world, I’d be quite happy for Palmer and Massengo to share minutes, 55-60 for one, 30-35 for the other, whichever one starts....until both have got more match fitness.  Both haven’t had enough minutes to be anywhere near fit to go 80-90.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

On very, very limited viewings of Adelakun, I think he’s got a good football brain.  He makes some really good appreciative runs off the ball that some of our players would never do.  He “gets” what run his teammate needs from him.

It won’t always come off, and his technical ability might not always come off, but I see something in him.  Not sure if it’s enough, but will keep observing.

That reads like a very good summation of Andreas Weimann too ... ??

3 hours ago, Better Red said:

I disagree HNM has so much promise and started so well for us when he signed. 

Today’s cameo was the sort of display we saw at the start of his career with us. Used his body well, played the forward pass with good pace and looked to be in around the edge of the box. 

id love to see  HNM get more game time especially if he’s off the bench and were winning and comfortable. Williams, HNM, Walsh, Pato, Bakinson, Naggy and Palmer there’s a good midfield in that bunch for sure and they are starting to beer fitness. Just worry about the wide areas if we’re not playing 352/433. 442 wide options are limited. 

42 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In a simplistic world, I’d be quite happy for Palmer and Massengo to share minutes, 55-60 for one, 30-35 for the other, whichever one starts....until both have got more match fitness.  Both haven’t had enough minutes to be anywhere near fit to go 80-90.

Hope I’m wrong but I can’t see Palmer ever being a regular 90 minute player. A huge talent at times but not sure we’ll see him play too many 90 minutes on the trot

HNM should be fine when as you say he gets some minutes under his belt - and moves into his twenties

26 minutes ago, mightyreds89 said:

I disagree HNM has so much promise and started so well for us when he signed. 

Today’s cameo was the sort of display we saw at the start of his career with us. Used his body well, played the forward pass with good pace and looked to be in around the edge of the box. 

id love to see  HNM get more game time especially if he’s off the bench and were winning and comfortable. Williams, HNM, Walsh, Pato, Bakinson, Naggy and Palmer there’s a good midfield in that bunch for sure and they are starting to beer fitness. Just worry about the wide areas if we’re not playing 352/433. 442 wide options are limited. 

That was the plan for him last season...then Nagy got injured.  Increased our expectations earlier than intended.

4 hours ago, Better Red said:

When ever anyone posts their opinion and insists that it is a fact they really do make themselves look ridiculous.

3 hours ago, grifty said:

No sorry, “Better” Red has already told us he is not good enough, neither is Palmer or Massengo. I fully expect them to never play again after his scathing review.

Not just me.  KP shipped on loan. Adlekun shipped out on load. Massengo at best on the bench. 

All 3 are only in the squad because of injuries. When others get fit they won’t even been in the squad.

The real shame is that will be circa 5m + wasted. 

2 hours ago, Redtucks said:

Not fact, just your opinion as is the rest of your post.

:yes:

Seen enough of him it’s a fact.

Do you really think he will be in the team in when Symenyo, Paterson, Walsh, Williams , Sessenyon, D’Silva...

Or even on the bench ?  That’s at least 6 who would be in before him. 

Palmer: is a top player. Fans forget we spent a lot of money to bring him in when clubs like Swansea baulked.

It's up to the coaches to get the best out of him. He wouldn't even have started today but for Semenyo pulling out. I thought he did excellent considering his lack of game time on loan and testing positive for Covid last week.

Massengo: we paid a lot of money for him, he's an International for his age group and came from a top European club. Despite what some on here think, he is going to be a top player for us. He needs game time and again coaching in the right way.

Adelakun: He was second to Jack Marriott in all the League 1 stats a few years ago so there is a player there. He's had a difficult time settling in down here it seems and has had several loans. Again someone who will benefit from game time.

Semenyo: A very strong and direct player who has potentially and has a big future ahead of him. Sort his composure out in front of goal and we could have a special player on our hands.

In Palmer and Massengo we are adding undoubted quality to the squad much in the same way we added it with Baker and Kalas.

25 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Do you really think he will be in the team in when Symenyo, Paterson, Walsh, Williams , Sessenyon, D’Silva...

Whilst educating us with your FACTS

Any chance you could at least spell players names correctly

You've repeatedly referred to ‘Adlekun’. 

Its Adelakun.  ........... FACT

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Palmer needs to get fit to see how good he can be for us.
Massengo, just needs games he will be quality now he's added some strength and grit.
Adelakun , not convinced. Better today, did well without the ball and worked hard, for me needs to affect the game more.
Semenyo, difficult one. No doubt he has talent. Causes mayhem running with the ball, I'd like to see him have a game centrally, give him a chance to see if that's his role or not. Needs a goal so he can relax when the chances come.

I think it's hilarious people writing HNM off at 19 or AS at barely 21.

He's had enough time!

8 hours ago, Better Red said:

:facepalm:

It doesn't matter how much you have seen of him, it is still only your opinion not fact.

Whether and when I think he will be in the team is just my opinion, not fact.

What is fact is that you cannot spell many of the player's names correctly.

Archived