Player ratings today V Preston.

Rich

43 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Bentley 7

Hunt 7 | Kalas 8 | Mawson 9 | Rowe 8

Adelakun 7 | Vyner 8 | Nagy 7 | Palmer 7

Diedhiou 8 | Martin 7

Subs:

Massengo 7 | Bakinson n/a | Wells n/a (neither on for 15mins - my cut off)

Here's a question. Can you give Bentley the same as Nagy, when one ran his nuts off , had most blocks & interceptions and the other had his quietist day of the season? ??

Joking aside, I had Vyner MoM for a couple of reasons. He made a very big difference to the balance of a misfiring midfield. Kept it simple, touch was good and I don't remember him misplacing a pass. He seemed to add a calmness to the side which worked really well with Nagy being busy Plus his goal.
Mawson was awesome though. I loved how he followed his man, either won the ball further out, or at least stopped him turning. Today with Kalas and Mawson showed what we have missed for most of the season. 
Someone else I have criticised lately is Martin. I thought he was very good today, actually I thought him and Fam worked really well together. They pulled PNE around nicely. Adelakun too, thought he really put in a shift, I want him to do more with the ball at his feet, but without it today I thought he was impressive.

I'd say the best performance for months , and the first time I've enjoyed us for longer probably.

Bentley 7 didn't have a lot to do. Good distribution.

Hunt 7 Solid at the back and intelligent going forward.

Kalas 7 Tidy and blocked out danger.

Mawson 8 Solid as a rock. Read the game and made it look effortless.

Rowe 6 Solid. Almost caught out with ball over the top though. Good time management.

Vyner 8 His best game for a long while and in midfield too. Snuffed out danger and got his goal. Some good vision with his passing. My MOM.

Nagy 7 A lot of tireless running. Neat and tidy on the ball.

Palmer 7 Put in a shift. Gave the ball away a bit cheaply at times though. Tired understandably as the game wore on. Great vision at times.

Adelakun 7 Put in a shift and will only get better. 

Martin 7 Held the ball up well.

Diedhiou 7 Got his goal and looked dangerous at times.

Subs

Wells 6 difficult to make an impact but always a threat. 

Massengo 7 Looked very bright and intelligent on the ball. Drew some fouls which broke up any chance of them gaining too much initiative.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Player ratings are 100% subjective - how many times have we seen newspaper ratings on a City game and felt aggrieved or that the journalist wasn’t at the game?      :dunno:

Personally I think they’re meaningless just as possession stats are.

Overall a bit like many of the posts on here then!!!   ?

1 hour ago, Better Red said:

Adlekun 7 ?? 

Yes.

My rating system is a 6 is a player earning his corn.  Think that’s a fairly standard scoring system.  Imho, no outfield player was just “average” today, let alone a 5....but it’s about opinions.  I toyed with Bentley getting a 6, and in hindsight he probably was a 6.  Had little to do bar one punch.

I thought Adelakun was good today, good on the ball, confident, good movement, worked well with Hunt, got crosses in off either foot.  Drifted inside and joined up with midfield and forwards.

What made you give him a 5?

We had a spine that did their parts very well. 

Bentley,

Kalas/Mawson

Vyner/Nagy

Martin/Diedhiou

Ably assisted by all the others.

Only one comment and it's meant as a positive. Palmer attack wise was good. Not brilliant but good.

But he must learn when to try to beat three opponents clustered around him and when to take, what must be to him, the coward's action and pass it to a team mate.

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I don't think Mawson was any better than Kalas. It's not a competition between the 2, but I thought Kalas edged it if I had to say who was the better of the 2.

Palmer a hard one to score as he played so well for 20 odd minutes, and then did very little right for the next 40!

Vyner maybe motm. Hard to say. Fam and Martin looked really good together. A very good team performance.

Half the battle.  Doesn’t really matter if we think one player was better than another or someone was MOTM rather than someone else.

First cohesive performance in a long time.  Even in Preston’s spell, we still kept a good shape, tried to do the right basics.  Couldn’t get it to stick to get us up the pitch...and although we might’ve dropped a bit deeper we did tryto keep our distances fairly short and pass (not overplay) out of defence..

10 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I don't think Mawson was any better than Kalas. It's not a competition between the 2, but I thought Kalas edged it if I had to say who was the better of the 2.

Palmer a hard one to score as he played so well for 20 odd minutes, and then did very little right for the next 40!

Vyner maybe motm. Hard to say. Fam and Martin looked really good together. A very good team performance.

I think Mawson stood out because of his proactive approach. Keeping tight as his man dropped deep stopped a few attacks before they started. He's made a big difference since his return. The Team as a whole made the difference today, looked much more organised than we have for months. I'm with you, Vyner my MoM simply for the calmness he seemed to bring to the position. 
Palmer can do many good things, but he's never looked like he can finish a full 90. TBH I didn't think he was as good as many say in the first 30, or as bad in the 2nd part. What worries/annoys me is that he looked to have started to blow quite early on. 

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yes.

My rating system is a 6 is a player earning his corn.  Think that’s a fairly standard scoring system.  Imho, no outfield player was just “average” today, let alone a 5....but it’s about opinions.  I toyed with Bentley getting a 6, and in hindsight he probably was a 6.  Had little to do bar one punch.

I thought Adelakun was good today, good on the ball, confident, good movement, worked well with Hunt, got crosses in off either foot.  Drifted inside and joined up with midfield and forwards.

What made you give him a 5?

Because I watched the game and he did not do anything. He will be the lowest rated player In everyone’s team ratings. 

5 or 6 he was the worst player. Also that’s in a team who just won 2-0

19 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Because I watched the game and he did not do anything. He will be the lowest rated player In everyone’s team ratings. 

5 or 6 he was the worst player. Also that’s in a team who just won 2-0

In your opinion.

Funny, because I watched the game and I saw him do lots.

I see now that your 5 is now a 5 or 6.

As per your earlier post, you’ve made your mind up about Adelakun, and allowed that to influence what you watch during the game.

51 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In your opinion.

Funny, because I watched the game and I saw him do lots.

I see now that your 5 is now a 5 or 6.

As per your earlier post, you’ve made your mind up about Adelakun, and allowed that to influence what you watch during the game.

Just read the Evening Post ratings they gave him a six. Lowest in the team. So just not me....

I have made my mind up on him because I have watched him play and he is not good enough. 

We have ‘much’ better players that will keep him out of the team.

Seymenyo, Paterson, KP, Sessenyon, Wiemnan, Walsh, Williams, O’Dowda even D’Silva could play further forward. Also think Edwards could be a decent player.

So that’s why I have made my mind up. Put him against others we have and that tells you how good he is. 

Which one of the above do you think he is better than?  That’s why he ain’t that good. We are not a top 3 team and he will be nowhere  near in the team in 6 weeks.

Will be gone in the summer to L1 club.

That's why it’s a fact not just an opinion. 

18 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Just read the Evening Post ratings they gave him a six. Lowest in the team. So just not me....

I have made my mind up on him because I have watched him play and he is not good enough. 

Seymenyo, Paterson, KP, Sessenyon, Wiemnan, Walsh, Williams, O’Dowda even D’Silva could play further forward. Also think Edwards could be a decent player.

So that’s why I have made my mind up. Put him against others we have and that tells you how good he is. 

Which one of the above do you think he is better than?  That’s why he ain’t that good. We are not a top 3 team and he will be nowhere  near in the team in 6 weeks.

We are rating his performance yesterday....not whether he’s better than players currently out of the team.

It doesn’t matter what Gregor gave him in the post.  I’ve given you some examples of what I saw yesterday...did you not witness that?

You’ve made your mind up in 152 minutes in a City shirt this season, coming into a low on confidence team, that’s now won both games he’s played in?  Or the 166 minutes two seasons ago?  For a guy that has never played at this level before?  

In your list, not sure why you’ve included Williams, Walsh, Sessegnon (not heard of Sessenyon) and Dasilva (not heard of D’Silva), who play in different position.  Unless you’re of course judging him as a Striker, Central Midfielder, Right Back and Left Back in a game....that’s a bit harsh isn’t it?

FWIW, I agree that there are players who are probably better than him, but when was the last time Walsh played well for Bristol City for example?  How many years has it taken Callum O’Dowda to put in a few half-tidy performances?  I’d rather wait to see if he can grow into this level.  He hasn’t got long to do that admittedly, but I don’t get the need to define a players future so quickly, especially one getting his first real chance.  Players like Nagy, Massengo, O’Dowda, Rowe, Hunt, Weimann, Palmer, Diedhiou, Wells, Martin, Bentley, Vyner, Moore, etc have all been stated as not good enough on here and written off at points in their career at City...some as recent as this season!

6 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Can’t wait to get to see the new additions

‘Adlekun’ ,‘ Seymenyo,’ , ‘Sessenyon‘ & ‘ Wiemnan’

Anyone know much about them ?

Should bolster the squad numbers if nothing else

Wait until we get Walliams back...

36 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Are you sure you know what a fact or opinion means? 

Just now, Gazred said:

Wait until we get Walliams back...

That’s why he hasn’t played yet, he’s still swimming the channel!

Archived