IGNORED

Rotherham v Derby - referee

Davefevs

38 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

James Linnington....a very poor ref.

Completely bottled sending off Bielik.  Is that the Rooney effect?  A more obvious pair of yellows you’ll ever see, first one was quite possibly a red.

Glad somebody raised this

Some of the refereeing in the Championship yesterday was appalling 

The Rooney effect exactly my thought

And as @Packmanhighlighted Deeney got away with a challenge few players would  

Add the completely laughable sending off for Bournemouth 

Three appalling decisions

31 minutes ago, Packman said:

Didn't see it but did you see Troy Deeneys challenge today? Disgraceful. Referee absolutely bottled that one to by giving him a yellow. 

Thought the red card for Bournemouth was very very harsh today also, some strange decisions.

Yes, awful.  Reckless. Red.

46 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, awful.  Reckless. Red.

I haven’t watched many championship games lately but saw the highlights tonight, the decision not to give a second yellow for that challenge was beyond comprehension.

Must of been the Rooney effect.

Amazing not to give a yellow for that. How did deeney not get a red though ? And I thought the Bournemouth lad was unluckily mind you???

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Completely bottled sending off Bielik.  Is that the Rooney effect?  A more obvious pair of yellows you’ll ever see, first one was quite possibly a red.

People go on about various poor refs, but Linnington's name should be top of the list. He never seems to have a good game. I have no idea how he's still officiating at this level. 

I suppose the only thing you can say in his favour is that his decisions are so inconsistent that you are as likely to be the side benefitting from his negligence as the side suffering from it!

He can't control a game though.  

27 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

People go on about various poor refs, but Linnington's name should be top of the list. He never seems to have a good game. I have no idea how he's still officiating at this level. 

I suppose the only thing you can say in his favour is that his decisions are so inconsistent that you are as likely to be the side benefitting from his negligence as the side suffering from it!

He can't control a game though.  

I have a bottom three of:

• Eltringham
  • Ward
  • Langford

Closely followed by:

• Linnington
  • Doughty

The fact that Stroud isn’t in my bottom 5 is amazing....that’s how bad the others are.

In fairness, Langford has been better without crowds, so Linnington moves to bottom 3.

There was a day when we didn’t know the refs’ names.  Now they want to be MOTM.

Quest show 2hrs of EFL Highlights every Saturday (and midweek) night at 9pm.  An hour of Champ, and 30 mins each for the bottom two tiers.

If you’re in France, there’s an app - Dplay - that covers Quest channels.  VPN may be of help in France.

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah watched it this morning, so bad it's laughable. I'm just glad Rotherham went on to win the game and justice was done.

1 hour ago, BanburyRed said:

Hilarious if Rooney takes them down....

In some ways I actually have some respect for Rooney for taking the job on

Not an easy gig to say the least ,  and , with his background , he could have waited for a more appealing , and higher starting point,  into management 

If they were to go down I think he’d actually learn more in the next few months , and that may actually hold him in good stead going forward 

The publicity afforded to him and WRDC is not his fault 

Archived