IGNORED

Cotts - Covid

robin_unreliant

SC must have been really unfortunate to develop the more serious symptoms of covid and end up in ICU. Obviously we don’t know whether he’s needed ventilation but if he has then that can lead to other complications and longer term recovery time.

Seeing other covid victims on tv, now in recovery most say how damaging the virus is and how long it takes to recover fully. Long term fatigue seems to be quite a common symptom.

58 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

Unbeknownst to each other they were on holiday in Dubai at the same hotel and Cotts approached him about coming to us...the rest is history.

I heard a story that Cotts went there specifically because Alby was there!  Probably far-fetched but imagine that.

Mrs Cotts: where shall we go on holiday darling, I’m not spending all summer parading around Millenium Square and going to House of a Fraser to buy a new clothes horse (I once spotted them together having just bought said item)

Cotts: How about Dubai?

Mrs Cotts: really?

Cotts: yes, it’s where all the footballers go

Mrs Cotts: I’m not going if you’re gonna be chatting to footballers all holiday

Cotts: no, I promise luv, I will go to the gym each day and then lie in the sun with you

Mrs Cotts: promise

Cotts: I promise, cross my heart on promotion this season

In Dubai

Mrs Cotts: you’ve stuck to your word, thank you honey

Cotts: you know me, I’m a winner who keeps his promises

35 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

So jobs for the boys is ok as long as it's the right boys - Aaron Wilbraham would have been coming in with zero coaching credentials.

In many respects, yes....but he’s done all his badges. 

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I heard a story that Cotts went there specifically because Alby was there!  Probably far-fetched but imagine that.

Mrs Cotts: where shall we go on holiday darling, I’m not spending all summer parading around Millenium Square and going to House of a Fraser to buy a new clothes horse (I once spotted them together having just bought said item)

Cotts: How about Dubai?

Mrs Cotts: really?

Cotts: yes, it’s where all the footballers go

Mrs Cotts: I’m not going if you’re gonna be chatting to footballers all holiday

Cotts: no, I promise luv, I will go to the gym each day and then lie in the sun with you

Mrs Cotts: promise

Cotts: I promise, cross my heart on promotion this season

In Dubai

Mrs Cotts: you’ve stuck to your word, thank you honey

Cotts: you know me, I’m a winner who keeps his promises

In many respects, yes....but he’s done all his badges. 

I bet Cotts took his lucky pants too…

Good Luck Steve. And Good Luck Fordy!

I have had it and luckily I made it. Some I know didn’t. 

For the record the consequences of the disease can go on weeks and months in so many varied ways the scientists haven’t got to grips with them all yet. 

As @CotswoldRedsaid above, wear your mask, it’s a pain but it’s a lot less of a pain than getting this. 

Anyway again get well Steve (blessings be upon him) Cotterill 

4 hours ago, pongo88 said:

I’d like to see Cotts back at Ashton Gate as manager of Shrewsbury if he gets them promoted next season, assuming we are still in the Championship. He’d get a fantastic reception 

He would, and rightly so.

I'm among those who think the board had to get rid of him,  he'd run his course in 15/16 and we improved on his dismissal.

BUT everyone owes him big time for the sheer enjoyment he brought to being a City fan in the season before.

He remains a person who I respect and am thankful for what he achieved at my club.

Get well soon, Steve.

Thanks for the well wishes all. It wasn’t my intention to derail the thread. 

Nice to see the club have sent their well wishes to Cotts via social media. I can’t help but be bitter that it should take something like this to happen for them to acknowledge he was our manager once. 

Archived