IGNORED

Cotts - Covid

robin_unreliant

Shrewsbury Town Football Club is disappointed to report Steve Cotterill has been re-admitted to hospital as he is suffering from Covid-pneumonia. #Salop

Shrewsbury Town Football Club is disappointed to report Steve Cotterill has been re-admitted to the hospital.

Following extensive treatment for Covid-19, Steve returned home from the hospital on February 16th. However, Town's Manager has returned to the hospital over the weekend as he is suffering from Covid-pneumonia.

"For somebody who has never missed a day's work in his life, this will hit the Manager really hard. He's one of the strongest and toughest people I know, and I know he'll get through this Covid-pneumonia."

Town Assistant Manager, Aaron Wilbraham.

The Club wishes Steve all the best in his recovery and will not be making any further comments at this time.

Very troubling news  

I guess Steve, like most blokes, just wanted to get back to work as soon as possible. Probably a bit too soon.

He's not frail by any means. I expect he looks after himself well. Hopefully, his fitness will enable this to be shrugged off with the help of our super NHS.

Get well soon Steve. 

This is a reminder that covid doesn't only badly affect the very old, anybody that thinks that is badly misguided, when you get the chance to have a vaccine please do the sensible thing and have it for your own benefit  and for all the people that love you. 

3 minutes ago, pillred said:

This is a reminder that covid doesn't only badly affect the very old, anybody that thinks that is badly misguided, when you get the chance to have a vaccine please do the sensible thing and have it for your own benefit  and for all the people that love you. 

It's also a timely reminder that Covid is really something you need to avoid at all costs. It isn't minor, it isn't flu.

Sadly, Cotts is following an altogether familiar path as being reported by doctors of patients, seemingly otherwise fit, who 'recover' from their infection only for two or three weeks later to relapse, often fatally (which clearly I trust won't happen in Cotts case.) There's a raft of identified associated 'long Covid' impacts and they're horrible, life-long, debilitating conditions. For those 'immortals' out there the bad news it's the younger and fitter folks who are worst hit by these longer impacting conditions.

First mate I knew who died of Covid was possibly the least likely of any of my friends to succumb; super-fit didn't touch the sides. He had only minor Covid symptoms, 'recovered', only to die unexpectedly a few weeks later from heart failure. Covid had majorly impacted his heart muscles. He wasn't yet 50.

Archived