IGNORED

Cotts - Covid

robin_unreliant

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Any news on the condition of the thread subject? 

Steve Cotterill.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/shrewsbury-town-fc/2021/03/01/shrewsbury-town-boss-steve-cotterill-re-admitted-to-hospital-with-pneumonia/

Not sure this adds much to what's already been said, but its the latest I can find. 

Can only hope that Wilbs' optimism is justified. Get well soon Steve.

10 hours ago, italian dave said:

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/shrewsbury-town-fc/2021/03/01/shrewsbury-town-boss-steve-cotterill-re-admitted-to-hospital-with-pneumonia/

Not sure this adds much to what's already been said, but its the latest I can find. 

Can only hope that Wilbs' optimism is justified. Get well soon Steve.

That is a great find and all seems to indicate that his condition very treatable.

38 minutes ago, boatman said:

That is a great find and all seems to indicate that his condition very treatable.

It will be what is known as an ‘Opportunistic infection’. His lungs would have suffered due to the Covid and other microbes (in this case a pneumococcal bacterium) will have siezed their opportunity and dived in. 

Not at all present, should should respond well to big deal I.v. antibiotics. 

Get well soon Steve. 

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I understand he still lives in central Bristol in the Canon's Marsh area.

He would be well advised to find somewhere in the countryside to escape the inner city air pollution and give his lungs a better chance of recovery.

Used to be Ham Green for that, didn't it? Take the channel air, and all that. Before Avonmouth began burning the ozone. 

I think Cotts would miss us bumping in to him and telling him how wonderful he/that season was, if he took the country air. 

On 01/03/2021 at 18:52, Sleepy1968 said:

I had pneumonia in my 30s. I would absolutely hate to get it now in my 50s. And I'm hoping Covid pneumonia isn't as fear inducing as it sounds. But I expect it is. So, everything crossed, and a little prayer. C'mon Cotts.

I had it at 51 along with Sepsis, nearly killed me TBH. Only the superb staff at the RUH kept this old dog alive for which I'll be forever grateful.

So pleased to hear Cotts is on the long path back.

Pre season match maybe?

On 01/03/2021 at 19:52, Sleepy1968 said:

I had pneumonia in my 30s. I would absolutely hate to get it now in my 50s. And I'm hoping Covid pneumonia isn't as fear inducing as it sounds. But I expect it is. So, everything crossed, and a little prayer. C'mon Cotts.

18 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I had it at 51 along with Sepsis, nearly killed me TBH. Only the superb staff at the RUH kept this old dog alive for which I'll be forever grateful.

So pleased to hear Cotts is on the long path back.

Pre season match maybe?

Back in my late 30s, when I was quite fit and healthy and still playing football regularly, I caught pleurisy and double pneumonia.

As I am sure you will both recall, the pain was unbearable, and I well remember the extreme difficulty and excruciating pain in just trying to take a full breath.

I just cannot believe how difficult it must be for somebody already weakened by COVID.

Good Luck Cotts.

1 minute ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Back in my late 30s, when I was quite fit and healthy and still playing football regularly, I caught pleurisy and double pneumonia.

As I am sure you will both recall, the pain was unbearable, and I well remember the extreme difficulty and excruciating pain in just trying to take a full breath.

I just cannot believe how difficult it must be for somebody already weakened by COVID.

Good Luck Cotts.

We all take things for granted Phil, breathing being one of them. As you say, the pain was like something I've never experienced before or since and to go through that with a further infection attacking your lungs must be devastating. I for one, don't think I could beat full Covid as Cott's hopefully has, due to how bad I was just 3 short years ago.

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

We all take things for granted Phil, breathing being one of them. As you say, the pain was like something I've never experienced before or since and to go through that with a further infection attacking your lungs must be devastating. I for one, don't think I could beat full Covid as Cott's hopefully has, due to how bad I was just 3 short years ago.

Well, I imagine the sepsis didn't help you.

I was at least 10 years younger than you, fit and healthy and, of course, the NHS wasn't swamped by COVID back then - I was struggling so much that my wife telephoned our local doctor in the middle of the night; he arrived within 30 minutes or so, provided an instant diagnosis and prescribed and hand-delivered antibiotics on the spot.

And people criticise our NHS.

Archived