IGNORED

Cotts - Covid

robin_unreliant

Will always hold a special place in a lot of our hearts for what he did in THAT season. 

Yes he was stubborn, yes he could have handled things a lot differently, and yes it was the right time for him to go when he did. However the fact that he has delivered more in one season than anybody under the age of 35 has seen in the entirety of their lives supporting this club, means that he will always be a Bristol City legend.

Top man, great to see him back doing what he loves doing. You want passion in a manager - there it is. 

12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

What an absolute top man. So happy that he seems well on the road to recovery.

I really think we would be no where near our current situation had SL properly backed him to even a fraction of what LJ had.

Anyway no turning the clock back, but I hold him in very high regard and found him an absolute delight to have a long chat with a few years ago when I met him by chance.

Smashing talk this is. I know he divides opinions of some on here, personally I shall never forget his reactions during that Swindon home game. What a fantastic night that was. So good to see him looking better. Really love to see Shrewsbury do well this season. 

2 minutes ago, Dolman Original said:

Smashing talk this is. I know he divides opinions of some on here, personally I shall never forget his reactions during that Swindon home game. What a fantastic night that was. So good to see him looking better. Really love to see Shrewsbury do well this season. 

I like people like him. He says exactly what he thinks and shoots from the hip a bit - but generally you can trust people like that to be straightforward and transparent. I much prefer dealing with people like that, in any situation, to the likes of Mark Ashton. 

On 26/04/2021 at 23:40, Fjmcity said:

Steve cotterill has continually failed as a championship manager, let it go

also glad he his better

Okay that’s park it but if you want somebody to get you out of league 1, could you think of anybody any better.

I don’t think I would want him back again, in case it tarnishes the amazing job he did here before. We have wonderful memories with him and just leave it there.

Yep. Fantastic interview with his usual passion and candidness. Anyone still not wanting a vaccine should watch it especially, as he does a great job of advocating it. Sounds like he’s been through hell and back and so great to see him out the other side. Sounds like Wilbs and Shrewsbury as a whole really took care of him as well. Good on them. 

18 minutes ago, AshtonYate said:

Its like everyone has forgotten how his reign ended! 

Hey Ashton, regardless he's a good egg & we shared a wonderful season with him. 

I'm keen to listen to what any city fans & custodians have to say especially when they're helping with peoples awareness of Covid & the importance of vaccinations. He doesn't need to do it but he might help influence someone & prevent them from suffering what he has.

Have you done anything positive today? 

Archived