IGNORED

Josh Brownhill

Eddie Notgetinya

• Admin
15 minutes ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

For those that may be interested our former captain leads the premier league this season in interceptions with 45 (next is Kante on 39). What I’d give to have him back. 

Someone's been watching sky sports news

15 minutes ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

For those that may be interested our former captain leads the premier league this season in interceptions with 45 (next is Kante on 39). What I’d give to have him back. 

The fact that you just included him in the same sentence as Kante shows how well Brownhill is doing. 

3 hours ago, Prinny said:

Had a year and a half left on his contract. Right time to sell.

Imagine the outrage if he was one of the players with their contracts running out this year.

Exactly. The boy wanted to go to the Premier League and the offer was there. Hopefully we have a fat sell on as that kind of stat puts him on the big radar. 

32 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Exactly. The boy wanted to go to the Premier League and the offer was there. Hopefully we have a fat sell on as that kind of stat puts him on the big radar. 

And I very much expect the (alleged) £7m release last summer wouldn’t have had a good sell-on, or even one at all...hence why we tried to maximise last January.

1 hour ago, Swede said:

Selling Brownhill in January ultimately cost us a play off spot and LJ his job. 

Totally disagree

He himself wasn’t playing well at the time , and certainly isn’t the sort of player able to carry a side

Id say he’s looked far better at Burnley he did for us, and watching him it appears quite clear he’s been asked to fulfill a specific role and is far more disciplined in his positioning and his role, and doing it very well.

Fair play to him , I confess he’s performing far better at that level than I expected , but I keep going back to my point above

I understand why we sold him- the model and all that, but think he had strong attributes for us. He gave us goals from midfield, which is something we have often lacked! Not bad technically, energy, versatility- unlike a lot of our other CMs, he could seamlessly pull wide right or central- a lot of ours, I don't think they have that versatility.

The model is largely a necessity at this level btw.

11 hours ago, Spoons said:

Clueless..... He wanted to go. Premier league football and a move home nearer family. 

Carry on blaming the club for that and you are deluded. 

I’m deluded ?

I’m sure you’re right. Who wouldn’t want that? Premier League and all the AMG Mercedes Benz-style trappings?

Thing is though if old Josh thought that there might have been a chance of getting that at BS3 then might he have hung around?

The model of improving young ‘uns must only work if they’re then kept and encouraged to stay. If they’re sold to develop the model and keep even younger ‘uns coming through then it’ll take an age before anyone sees The Promised Land at BS3.

Sell off the family silver so that they who shall inherit can enjoy the fruits of their labour. The peasants meanwhile eat with their fingers and are grateful for scraps from the big table.

Now I reckon old Josh - and the others who have come and gone and those who didn’t even come - saw their dream of those AMGs away from our beloved BS3.

They thought the realisation of their dream was far more likely elsewhere and they go. Or don’t come.

Meanwhile Ashton and Messrs Lansdown are squeezing the last bit of Airfix Cement out of the tube. There’s a small hole in the tube that they hadn’t noticed. 

**** me boss says the CEO. The ******* stuff has squirted all over my manicured fingers and now they’re stuck together.

Never mind says Steve. Pass I the box. I want to see what the model is looking like. Now where is it? Ah yes here he be. Now it should be a nice shiny AMG 4x4 type thingy.....

******* hell Mark. What the **** have you built? This isn’t what we agreed. It looks **** all like the picture on the box!

Christ Alive son. It’s a ******* Morris Minor Traveller. And that wood that’s supposed to strengthen it all and hold it together? It’s ******* rotten all the way through......

Never mind boss. We’ve got Tyreeq. And Antoine. And that Bell lad. And a host of others. Time to cash in boss..........

Not surprised at all. Most championship players have the ability for the premier league but most lack the consistency. Josh was usually a 7/10 and rarely had a poor game. Didn’t matter if he was on the right or in a 2 in the middle. 

As for selling him, it was his time to go. He signed two contracts for us which rarely happens these days. We got nearly 161 appearances and a nice profit for him. Would take that from most of out signings. It is the Webster’s and Kodjia’s that you ask what if we held out another year or two

I always thought he was a premier league player ever since the Man City away game. I was sitting a couple of rows back on the side (in with the home fans ?) and JB was playing wide right. Seeing him up close with world class players he was totally at ease, first touch, control, positioning. The real stand out technically for the city team. Now I know his form was a bit up and down at times after that but for me he always had the technical base to make it at the top level. I said exactly the same after the first preseason game I saw Webster play.

(posted both of these things at the time so not just me looking back and being smug, although... ? ?)

2 hours ago, BigAl&Toby said:

I’m deluded ?

I’m sure you’re right. Who wouldn’t want that? Premier League and all the AMG Mercedes Benz-style trappings?

Thing is though if old Josh thought that there might have been a chance of getting that at BS3 then might he have hung around?

yes, and same happened with others.  Allegedly, despite us flying in December 17/18, Joe Bryan wanted to go then, not the summer.

The model of improving young ‘uns must only work if they’re then kept and encouraged to stay. If they’re sold to develop the model and keep even younger ‘uns coming through then it’ll take an age before anyone sees The Promised Land at BS3.

yep, we need to be better at making the transition seamless.  To some extend Kelly and Dasilva was one we did get right.

Sell off the family silver so that they who shall inherit can enjoy the fruits of their labour. The peasants meanwhile eat with their fingers and are grateful for scraps from the big table.

That’s how it feels a bit at the mo’.  Can’t recall who posted yesterday but something along the lines of “does the current squad justify the cost it took to assemble”, especially when looking back at the squad on 17/18?

Now I reckon old Josh - and the others who have come and gone and those who didn’t even come - saw their dream of those AMGs away from our beloved BS3.

They thought the realisation of their dream was far more likely elsewhere and they go. Or don’t come.

Even Famara’s signing was announced with a sub-text of “use us as a stepping stone”.

Meanwhile Ashton and Messrs Lansdown are squeezing the last bit of Airfix Cement out of the tube. There’s a small hole in the tube that they hadn’t noticed.

haha, that make me laugh ? Used to give me a headache!

**** me boss says the CEO. The ******* stuff has squirted all over my manicured fingers and now they’re stuck together.

Never mind says Steve. Pass I the box. I want to see what the model is looking like. Now where is it? Ah yes here he be. Now it should be a nice shiny AMG 4x4 type thingy.....

******* hell Mark. What the **** have you built? This isn’t what we agreed. It looks **** all like the picture on the box!

Christ Alive son. It’s a ******* Morris Minor Traveller. And that wood that’s supposed to strengthen it all and hold it together? It’s ******* rotten all the way through......

Never mind boss. We’ve got Tyreeq. And Antoine. And that Bell lad. And a host of others. Time to cash in boss..........

Good post Big Al ⬆️⬆️⬆️

Archived