IGNORED

Mark Ashton

barney999

Geoff 20Man confirmed on SOTC that he’d asked Ashton for an interview and Ashton has said he’ll do one after the window closes.

I don’t like the bloke, but I still think that’s pretty poor during a transfer window and contract decisions put off too.

He will soon be front, right and centre when the club want to sell season tickets.

Just now, markcarter said:

Yep, I know you used to rebut criticisms about Ashton’s visibility saying that he was always visible during transfer windows. Not this time.

Yep, no arguments there.....he’s effin’ hiding this time around.  He’s under pressure.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Geoff 20Man confirmed on SOTC that he’d asked Ashton for an interview and Ashton has said he’ll do one after the window closes.

I don’t like the bloke, but I still think that’s pretty poor during a transfer window and contract decisions put off too.

He will soon be front, right and centre when the club want to sell season tickets.

To be fair there is little point him doing one now as all he will say is irons in the fire and we will have to see what happens etc 

Just now, And Its Smith said:

To be fair there is little point him doing one now as all he will say is irons in the fire and we will have to see what happens etc 

It’s more than that Dave.  He’s the CEO.  He sets the strategy with the board.  He relays that strategy to the stakeholders which includes us.  On the back of covid have things changed?  Communicate to us.  Because when the accounts come out (due very shortly) it’s gonna raise more questions.

The fact that paper and radio have asked him, says there’s demand for him now.  The fact that he’s said no is pretty crap imho.  He’s done early January SOTC’s with Geoff in early January in other years.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s more than that Dave.  He’s the CEO.  He sets the strategy with the board.  He relays that strategy to the stakeholders which includes us.  On the back of covid have things changed?  Communicate to us.  Because when the accounts come out (due very shortly) it’s gonna raise more questions.

The fact that paper and radio have asked him, says there’s demand for him now.  The fact that he’s said no is pretty crap imho.  He’s done early January SOTC’s with Geoff in early January in other years.

Completely agree. Just saying he’d say nothing if he did one so pointless exercise!

18 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

if he isnt buying or selling anyone,just exactly what is he doing? my guess is working from home alongside the medical staff digging a new goldfish pond

He is probably trying to take the credit from Mark Kelly for the vaccination hub on site.

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Agreed with the post. Bolded bit- I fear these will look quite bad but have no inside knowledge, purely guesswork.

I even fear that when they do come out, something that was in the last couple of seasons a cornerstone of our strategy might have been failed.

December 2019, Ashton said the following in Part 3 of his Interview with Bristol Post.

This football club is very clear that we stick by the rules, we do what the rules ask us to do, we do the right thing and that’s how we operate, we’ve never actually had an issue around FFP or PNS whatever you want to call it at this football club, and that is because our model is to stick to our knitting, as Steve says, and trade.

So far, so good.

I’ve never once sat in a meeting here and discussed building our model and profit and sustainability in the rules, because I know we’re a country mile inside the rules.

Wonder if this is still the case! ?

2 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

if he isnt buying or selling anyone,just exactly what is he doing? my guess is working from home alongside the medical staff digging a new goldfish pond

See above- I wonder if we can even be looking at buying, certainly anyone of substance.

I hope I'm just being pessimistic here but I note the club has gone very quiet indeed on compliance this season- I mean not saying we're in hard breach but the bullishness has very much gone!

If this is the case, I'd hold Ashton largely responsible if we're even under a Business Plan or soft budgetary requirements. He is the CEO after all- hell he's on the EFL Board, he is better placed than most to steer us on the course to avoid even soft EFL input.

It's pure speculation on my part but I wonder if the reason he might be hiding- it's not going that badly on the pitch given all the injuries, inexperienced manager- I wonder if he might be in hiding because we are having to walk the line in a way he largely pledged we would not need to.

Would also- alongside Covid- help to explain why we couldn't make a big offer in terms of transfer spend, wage spend (not saying personal wages) to a manager in the summer. If we've somehow messed up, the blame largely would fall with Ashton IMO.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Agreed with the post. Bolded bit- I fear these will look quite bad but have no inside knowledge, purely guesswork.

I even fear that when they do come out, something that was in the last couple of seasons a cornerstone of our strategy might have been failed.

December 2019, Ashton said the following in Part 3 of his Interview with Bristol Post.

So far, so good.

Wonder if this is still the case! ?

See above- I wonder if we can even be looking at buying, certainly anyone of substance.

I hope I'm just being pessimistic here but I note the club has gone very quiet indeed on compliance this season- I mean not saying we're in hard breach but the bullishness has very much gone!

If this is the case, I'd hold Ashton largely responsible if we're even under a Business Plan or soft budgetary requirements.

Quoted from December 2019 - There wasn't a single football club on this planet budgeting for a global pandemic, I know some people don't like Mark Ashton but really?‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Lydered said:

Quoted from December 2019 - There wasn't a single football club on this planet budgeting for a global pandemic, I know some people don't like Mark Ashton but really?‍♂️

Like I say it's a pessimistic take but assuming Covid losses will be excluded from the thing, and you're entirely right about Global Pandemic- my fear is that our costs and ongoing costs in the form of wages and amortisation accelerated last season, our sales fell and given these are split equally over contract length that we are hamstrung- Covid or no Covid, as lost revenues surely could be excluded from the calculations.

I know certain clubs are walking the line- maybe we are one. :dunno:

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Like I say it's a pessimistic take but assuming Covid losses will be excluded from the thing, and you're entirely right about Global Pandemic- my fear is that our costs and ongoing costs in the form of wages and amortisation accelerated last season, our sales fell and given these are split equally over contract length that we are hamstrung- Covid or no Covid, as lost revenues surely could be excluded from the calculations.

I know certain clubs are walking the line- maybe we are one. :dunno:

As we’ve discussed before “Covid losses” are different to overall losses and include things like transfer fee decreases, but it’s pretty well defined that you’ll have to prove the offer you got for pre-Covid and now...suspect contract length would be considered too.  For example (made-up), City had an offer Diedhiou of £6m last Jan.  Now we are offered £1m.  I can’t believe we’d be allowed to state £5m Covid losses....as the £6m was offered with 18 months on his contract, a very different case to this January when he could sign a pre-contract.

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Saw your tweets about it on the thread yesterday. This one was my favourite. 

Archived